• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge's Roles in the Remake Thread

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I never thought about the buildings being empty during the plate climb, but there really should have been scattered furniture at least. I didn't expect dead bodies, it's a T rated game, but still. I don't think it's a huge disappointment though.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
On the subject of Wedge, I do not think he is dead. I think he's been turned into an experiment of Hojo's. It'll be a horrific baleful monster plot line. That's my bet anyway.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
But, like, half of the game is main characters randomly falling to fade-outs, without a scratch on them, including twice in the very dungeon where they rescue Wedge from himself falling, after Sector 7 falls on him in a fake-out death sequence. Why would they go through all that trouble just to have him do literally nothing and die in a way less impactful and relevant way? Wedge’s post-pillar arc is baffling enough, but I figure it has to be going somewhere, right? Otherwise, why defang the impact of the Pillar collapse?
Not that I'm saying it would justify defanging the plate collapse (I'm still not pleased with it), but I could maybe see them using that whole idea with Wedge as foreshadowing/an analogy of what we're going to get with Aerith's death.

I think we all kind of expect that the events in the City of the Ancients will proceed a little differently this time, whether that be Aerith surviving for the rest of the story or simply a short while longer. Assuming the latter will be the case, might Wedge's slightly prolonged arc be indicative of what we'll see with Aerith? It was, after all, with her inspiration that his most significant new moment came to be, as her encouragement gave him the resolve to effect change that saved people who weren't saved in the original game.

Wedge got to do a bit more good and save those people before the outcome of his efforts to influence things began amounting to nothing -- i.e. the Avalanche HQ helicopter he had sent in met an unceremonious firey end, and then his attempt to catch up with Barret and the others was prevented. Maybe this is what sort of post-fate avoidance arc we may see play out with Aerith?

Along these same lines, I've been wondering since VIIR came out if Wedge surviving his fall from the pillar maintenance tower without fatal injury in the first place this go round was meant to be a result of Cloud utilizing that grapple gun back at Reactor 5 when he fell there.

Divergence from the original events -- and consequent course correction by the Whispers -- had already occurred by then, and then occurred again as Cloud fell, with the Whispers making sure Cloud landed where he was meant to (i.e. in the church).

Did Wedge hear about Cloud's grapple gun exploit and, thus, thought to equip himself with one when heading to the pillar -- thus, making his subsequent moment with Aerith and the result of her encouragement possible?

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I never thought about the buildings being empty during the plate climb, but there really should have been scattered furniture at least. I didn't expect dead bodies, it's a T rated game, but still. I don't think it's a huge disappointment though.
Yeah, the issue I see with some people is that because the limitations of the OG meant filling in some gaps mentally, it sets them up for disappointment if the remake doesn’t live up to those exact expectations they created in their own heads. Personally I think it’s an unfair expectation to put on a new work, even a remake, since you’re not judging it by its own terms anymore but by your own imagination. It is what it is, though. Like I said, we barely get much focus on the aftermath of the plate anyways or the building up of sector 7 beforehand so I just treated it like a plot device in the OG and moved on just as the game did.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
200.gif

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I say it, in French she sounds like a huge bitch, I won't forgive her unless we have a Jessie-Tifa convo where she apologises =)

I also want more Biggs because he's the underdevelopped of the 3, but at least we're sure that he is alive and will get development.

Last edited:

rkss

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Me
Zack is in BE too. Doesn't mean anything
What did people expect Kitase to say? I don't get it.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I wasn't a fan even before Jairus shat the bed on that one.
I was fine with her character much like I'm fine with the presence of villains, or a foil to a main character. But I wouldn't like her to be suddenly at the front of the stage and steal the show.

Chocobo Eater

Pro Adventurer
Had Jessie been more reserved and geeky like she was in the OG with the expanded role, I would have become a fan. Now she needs to stay away.

Top Bottom