Efforts to source original Final Fantasy 7 files

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
As many of you know, we're in an age where people are finding the source textures for many of the games that innovated the 3D process. Render96 has led the charge in this front, creating a library of their discoveries - starting with Super Mario 64 and eventually branching out to other games. FFVII is one of them! Since it's such a background-focused game, lots of the CGI used is absolutely filled with these reference textures.

For additional background on this, game companies bought license-free asset CDs en masse from companies like Sozaijiten, Alias, and Visual Disc. Because of their common origin, people are able to trace the origins back to the source CDs.

Let's take a look at some of the FFVII finds:
1618158529668.png
1618158540928.png
File: Alias 3 rock_2 Found by: Fanamel
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
1618158736148.png

1618158744814.jpeg
File: Alias 3 aged_4 Found by: Fanamel
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
1618158817124.png
QkZxE8j.png

File: Alias 3 rock_1 Found by: Pik (My twin brother, actually!)

7qjMM3O.png

oxZ6gnq.png

Found by: Pik

Resources:
--Final Fantasy 7 known texture sources--
Alias 3 Texture Library
Sozaijiten series
FFVII Backgrounds (some are missing IIRC)

I think of no better place to post this than an FF-obsessed forum. I've been trying to find some, but it's actually surprisingly hard (or maybe my pattern recognition skills need some work :mon:) It would be cool if we could all contribute to this somehow.

Top Bottom