FFVII Remake: Intergrade Yuffie DLC Announced

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
*cackles*

Well, I'd be lying if I said I'm not being entertained by all of this.

*eyes some pet theories about Chapter 18 and Act IV of Loveless*

*eyes some more pet theories about who might have pulled the time-travel shenanigans in the first place*

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Glad the screenshots on the press site are 4K. But once again all the character renders are crap resolution. =(
I'll never let go of the character renders they released in the early days at 8892*5002. You could count the individual hairs on Cloud's arms, it was crazy stupid detailed lol

Last edited:

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
As of the end of CC, he seemed to be carrying out missions as a SOLDIER still, so I'd say there's a good chance the Restrictors are still in charge, or that this might even take place during the Online DoC story.
He falls into a coma shortly after the Restrictors are taken out due to the safeguard they had on him that released a virus, so I can't imagine there's much of a window for him to be up and about and in charge.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
So wait, from Weiss description we can understand he's still blocked on the throne.
That means that Restrictors are still alive?

The Tsviet rebellion happens throughout the original game. The Restrictors were probably killed near the end of it too, that way it aligns with Weiss using the SND to find a cure and consequently becoming infected with Hojo's conscious.

Chocobo Eater

Pro Adventurer
Weiss' hair is so freakin' ridiculous, lol. I didn't think much of it until now. My god.

Makes me wonder how the rest of the Tsviets will look. I always found their designs were far worse.

Wow I thought the thing about a Fort Condor video game was a joke but clearly it's not. Is this going to be our replacement for *actual* Fort Condor battles in the future of Remake? Just play a video game inside a video game? I can see the logic but I hope this doesn't mean that Fort Condor as a solid location in FFVIIR gets shunned.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I'm definitely not the first to speculate on how "Fort Condor", the in-universe video game that Polk plays, might be tied to Fort Condor the location.

It certainly opens an avenue for future parts to feature the Fort Condor battles scattered throughout the original game in a way that doesn't involve backtracking. "Fort Condor" could receive content updates like any other modern phone game. However, it's hard for me to imagine both the Fort Condor location and game existing in tandem now, at least not with the same premise.

Kuraudo.

Panta rei
As of the end of CC, he seemed to be carrying out missions as a SOLDIER still, so I'd say there's a good chance the Restrictors are still in charge, or that this might even take place during the Online DoC story.
He falls into a coma shortly after the Restrictors are taken out due to the safeguard they had on him that released a virus, so I can't imagine there's much of a window for him to be up and about and in charge.
I always thought about that scene in CC to have placeholders for Weiss and Nero, because we can clearly see that those hairstyle are not matching. Also that scene in CC it's happening in [ ν ] - εγλ 0007 September
While Intermission episode it's in [ ν ] - εγλ 0007 December
Thanks for the answers all. Maybe we will be able to see the Restrictors who knows.

Fort Condor definitely exists, or at least has existed, in the FFVIIR continuity. It is mentioned in the Aerith short story found in the FFVIIR World Preview book.

「あの日はふたり乗せていた。目的地は、ひとりはコンドルフォート南方で、グレンはコスモキャニオ ン近郊だった。俺の当時の拠点はジュノンだった。気象状況なんかを考えて、まずコンドルフォートを 目指した。なんの問題もなかった。指定された座標でひとり目を降ろした。機内は俺とグレンのふたり きりだ。すると奴はー」​
"I had two on that day. One destination was south of Fort Condor, and Glenn was near Cosmo Canyon. My base was at Junon. At first, I headed for Fort Condor considering the weather conditions. There was no problem. I dropped the first one at the specified coordinates. The cabin was full of me and Glenn.​
But the presence of an in-universe game (be it a video game, board game or whatever) still opens up a lot of questions.

Last edited:

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
I always thought about that scene in CC to have placeholders for Weiss and Nero, because we can clearly see that those hairstyle are not matching. Also that scene in CC it's happening in [ ν ] - εγλ 0007 September
While Intermission episode it's in [ ν ] - εγλ 0007 December
Thanks for the answers all. Maybe we will be able to see the Restrictors who knows.

Looks like his bio straight up says he's restrained to the throne and only let out to be experimented on, so that pretty much confirms it.
Hope to see them.
It's kinda weird that they let him out to go get Genesis though.
Doesn't make much sense unless the throne situation is very recent.
Maybe they upped the experiments after they brought Genesis in.

Top Bottom