• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Playstation 5

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
So if the PRAM (CMOS) Battery dies, we can't play our games on our consoles at all? Even if you are connected to the internet 24/7 ?

Btw if anyone is looking for an External SSD for their PS4 games on PS5, check this one out; Samsung SSD T5 1TB. I recently bought one and so far it works great and I got nothing to complain about it ;)

Jason Schreier: "Naughty Dog is working on TLOU remake because their future games are still in pre-production".

Mainly after the complition of TLOU2 Naughty Dog had a bunch of devs idle and with no other inmediate big projects in their pipleline they send them to work, and take over the lead, on the TLOU remake (previously under Visual Arts Service Group). Also according Jason, this remake will not be something radical but more in line with remaster ports of the past two generations but more extensive (i.e: they will add the new tech and mecahniques developed in TLOU2 into this remake), although he says he's unsure if they will add new story content somewhere.

I rather see Uncharted 1, 2, 3 and Golden Abyss remakes than The Last of Us as it still looks good enough. Or Jak & Daxter remakes just like how Ratchet & Clank got a remake on PS4.

Why The Last of Us? Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but there are other Naughty Dog games out there that deserves and needs a remake more than The Last of Us :S

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Confirmation about if disc play is blocked on PS5 under the same scenario has yet to come.

First results for physical disc under C-Bomb scenario (copy pasting from the doc):

Q: What was the outcome?
A:
With the battery removed and the console disconnected from the internet, the console went into safe mode upon first boot and began rebuilding the database. Restarting the ma chine resolved this initial problem, but once the machine was booted correctly, all digital games stopped working.

Physical PlayStation 4 discs did boot and trophies seemed to work, although Resident Evil 2 would intermittently display an error message stating “something went wrong”.

Physical PlayStation 5 discs provided mixed results:
  • Mortal Kombat 11 would not install. It crashed at 97% installation each time.
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales booted and played without issue.
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War booted but due to a heavy reliance on a connection to the game servers was unplayable.
Our tests are continuing, but we are alarmed at the fact that Mortal Kombat 11 failed to install and we will be checking a variety of other games to see if other discs encounter the same issue. At this stage we only have access to a single PS5 for testing, so until the issue can be replicated on more than one machine we advise caution in reading too much into these results for now.

-------------------------------

At first glance it's a slightly improvement over PS4 that stopped playing disc at all under C-Bomb but still not a desired scenario, the most worrying part is the fact that installing can (potentially) fail.

So yeah, digital only PS5 users are absolutely fucked and physical PS5 users slightly fucked.

Of course this are early result and things could change...and Sony could produce a new PS5 model with the same issues as PS4 does.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So if the PRAM (CMOS) Battery dies, we can't play our games on our consoles at all? Even if you are connected to the internet 24/7 ?
My understanding is that you can still play if connected. So it's not really unlike being unable to play titles you downloaded through PS+ at the moment.

The concern for the future mostly stems from the question of what happens if/when Sony shuts down or heavily modifies the existing PlayStation Network.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
*twiddles thumbs*

how the hell is anyone getting their hands on these things
Right there with you. I'm subscribed to drop notifications and shit because I figured I should go ahead and get it if the opportunity presents itself -- the closest I've come to it is seeing the actual "Add to cart" button appear once on Walmart's site. Usually, though, even during drop periods, I never see anything but the "out of stock" notice, regardless of retailer.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
If you're going to try to get it from Wal-Mart, always use the app, with the website as maybe a back up. The app is faster and completes check-out faster than the website.

And always make sure you add your address and credit card information to your Wal-Mart account before you even start so it doesn't slow you down.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
If you're going to try to get it from Wal-Mart, always use the app, with the website as maybe a back up. The app is faster and completes check-out faster than the website.

And always make sure you add your address and credit card information to your Wal-Mart account before you even start so it doesn't slow you down.

Jeez, I didn't know it was that bad. It's the same thing people have to go through with buying retro Jordans

Top Bottom