FFVII Remake: Intergrade Yuffie DLC Announced

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Full translation of Nomura's comment on part 2.

As others have noted, Nomura specifically says part 2 will pick up after Intergrade, which has some people speculating that this expansion might push the story further than departing Midgar. I wouldn't be surprised to see some new post-credit scene.

This translation also says that Cloud will generally be around nature more in part 2, not that it'll open in the wilderness, so a Nibelheim flashback opener is still on the table. Otherwise I could see part 2 opening with the party being chased by Shinra in the fields between Midgar and Kalm. Would make for a good action piece that teaches whatever new party mechanics are implemented. Then they hide out in Kalm.

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
There is footage from the first Integrade trailer that shows a non-digital Weiss. So yeah... he's showing up in more places than just the VR room.

I've previously combed through the first Intergrade trailer and am pretty confident they've only shown Weiss in the VR room (look for the hexagon pattern). I'm not saying he won't play a role in Yuffie's episode, I just wanted to clarify this point.

image (9).jpg

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I've previously combed through the first Intergrade trailer and am pretty confident they've only shown Weiss in the VR room (look for the hexagon pattern). I'm not saying he won't play a role in Yuffie's episode, I just wanted to clarify this point.

View attachment 9841

What's interesting is the middle image. It looks like some sorta flashback. I hope it's like Lord Noctis said, and this is the real Weiss in digital form. Because even though it's not something that affects his role in the game(as a mere boss battle), I still find it extremely stupid to show us a fake Weiss, when the real one is right there. Even his brother appears in the DLC!

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer

As others have noted, Nomura specifically says part 2 will pick up after Intergrade, which has some people speculating that this expansion might push the story further than departing Midgar. I wouldn't be surprised to see some new post-credit scene.

This translation also says that Cloud will generally be around nature more in part 2, not that it'll open in the wilderness, so a Nibelheim flashback opener is still on the table. Otherwise I could see part 2 opening with the party being chased by Shinra in the fields between Midgar and Kalm. Would make for a good action piece that teaches whatever new party mechanics are implemented. Then they hide out in Kalm.

Even that smallest tidbit of information on Part 2 sets the mind racing doesn’t it? I can’t wait to see what it’s going to look like running around hills, mountains and forests in this game. I mean what are those marshes with the Zolom going to look like?!

I’m starting to feel as hyped as I was ahead of Part 1 now. Not many games can do that to you. In fact nothing has ever come close for me, especially since I’m meant to be a grown adult now. Whenever they drop that first trailer...

FFVII, man...!!!

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Even that smallest tidbit of information on Part 2 sets the mind racing doesn’t it? I can’t wait to see what it’s going to look like running around hills, mountains and forests in this game. I mean what are those marshes with the Zolom going to look like?!

I’m starting to feel as hyped as I was ahead of Part 1 now. Not many games can do that to you. In fact nothing has ever come close for me, especially since I’m meant to be a grown adult now. Whenever they drop that first trailer...

FFVII, man...!!!
Yeah, then I remember all the whacky stuff they're inserting in-between and my hype deflates.

SQ has that kind of power.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

Perhaps unsurprisingly, this tidbit also seems to imply/confirm that the creative developers who do the work of making the video games aren’t really the ones who have the authority to call the shots on when and what is allowed to be shared regarding development information for future titles, if Nomura had to go through that much bureaucracy just to say this much.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Isn't it a given though, since they will hype part 2 like WOAH when it'll happen? So they need tight lips on part 2 until they can make us drown on new info about it. If there are too many things already said, it will feel less "hyper" so to speak, for the fans.

Sorry for double posting but I keep seeing people say you can see Vincent reflected in Yuffie's eye in the last scene of the trailer, but I can't see it at all and I feel like I'm going crazy.
I can "see" Vincent but in the same way that I can see the Virgin Mary in a piece of toast: I can see it but it's stupid and not at all a reasonable conclusion.

I'm fascinated at my being hyped at the inclusion of shitty DoC characters and I need to further examine these feelings :monster:
I take full responsibility. My regular postings about DoC have desensitized the people to the game's shittiness and nurtured a familiarity with the setting and the characters. This familiarity in turn creates hype even though the characters themselves have little to no merit. For that very reason I am happy to see DoC in FF7R but I would have felt zero disappointment if they had decided to delete the Tsviets from this continuity entirely.

Top Bottom