Dragon Ball Super

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
The new arc in the manga seems pretty interesting so far. I love that it feels like a direct continuation from the events of the Moro arc. Making the arcs feel connected to each other is something DBS hasn't done all that well in the past. Plus, these last two chapters have been doing a ton of world building, which I love. Seems like there's still some potential to tap in this series

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I've also really liked how there's been an emphasis on moving away from having Vegeta as the "stalling for Goku" punching bag, and giving him some moments to represent something that feels closer to a rival for Goku in pushing how he's pursuing a path that's a totally different direction with Beerus, rather than spending his time in Kakurot's shadow with Whis.

X :neo:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
My sincerest hope is that when the anime eventually does return, and it will; this franchise is insanely profitable so they will never leave it alone, I hope they use the art style from the Broly movie. It felt much closer to how Z looked, and my understanding is that less detail oriented style lends itself more to fluid animation which is part of the reason the fights in the film work so well imo.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Digging further on the web assets, a message from Akira Toriyama has been discovered, confirming a new movie.

E03deYkWQAM5lUD.png

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
CG will never be a replacement for CG in my opinion, I wish they weren't even trying to mimic 2D at all if they're going CG. The choppy framerate just looks terrible imo.

Top Bottom