Euro 2020 (2021)

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I happened to be in St. Petersburg when some of the first matches kicked off. When I was only planning my trip, I had zero ideas about the championship taking place at the same time, so, to my astonishment, I found the city jam-packed with local fans and tourists from other countries. Friends and I had to manouvre to make our way through the main street, Nevsky Prospect, wondering if the pandemic was even a thing, lol. When we were in our favourite pub, of course, another match was being broadcast live, so if we had come a tiny bit earlier or a tiny tad later, we wouldn't have missed the opportunity to listen to some good old rock songs from around half of my life ago.

Verdict? I don't care about football as much as it seems :monstersmash:

Lex

Administrator
I have no interest whatsoever in football, but I will say the atmosphere in Scotland is pretty electric because the team qualified lmao. Someone I know explained it to me: "we know we're going to lose nearly every match, but we get to PLAY".

Like I have seen A LOT of flags on people's houses and cars. That's a rarity up here. It's nice to see some positivity about :)

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I'm so proud of Switzerland. That was a roller-coaster of emotions, highs and lows, and they deserved; what a match!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I have no interest whatsoever in football, but I will say the atmosphere in Scotland is pretty electric because the team qualified lmao. Someone I know explained it to me: "we know we're going to lose nearly every match, but we get to PLAY".

Like I have seen A LOT of flags on people's houses and cars. That's a rarity up here. It's nice to see some positivity about :)

So that's what happened, lol. Knowing nothing of football, I happened to see the England/Scotland game, and I laughed at the stereotypical result of a 0-0 tie, and then saw Scotland losing it's collective mind and was thoroughly confused.
Still weird that you can qualify without actually winning, or indeed even scoring :lol:

Chocobo Eater

Pro Adventurer
Bummed that I couldn't catch today's matches after a weekend of watching as much as I can.

I don't have a favorite team, but I'm now hoping Switzerland goes all the way.

Reactions: Wol

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
That was a bit boring until the last 10 or so minutes.

Fangu

Great Old One
So... England might face Switzerland at some point??
Edit: I read that wrong, here's the list

16249182470075.jpg

Fangu

Great Old One
Hmm, England v Switzerland doesn't look like a very likely final, does it?
Not likely no, however people keep saying this might be the underdog's year, so. Worth a cheer!

Also re: boring, I think the game was pretty good. Not a lot of shots on goal, but there was stuff happening constantly. Doesn't have to be goal opportunities to be exciting/ interesting imo.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Ukraine v Sweden was like an emergency room with the amount of injuries getting treated.

Gutted for the Swedes, thought the red card was unlucky, no malice in the tackle but a rule's a rule says I.

Fair play to Ukraine though, nice to see smaller teams getting through :monster:

Top Bottom