• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Playstation 5

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
SONY introduces game trials for PS5.

Sony has sent out a wave of emails that introduces a new feature for PlayStation 5 owners called Game Trials. Starting today, the firm is giving PS5 owners the chance to download certain first-party titles and try them out free of charge for a limited time. The first two games available are Death Stranding Director's Cut and Sackboy: A Big Adventure.

The fine print within the email explains that in order to activate a Game Trial, you'll need to head on over to the PS Store and select the Trial option that's labelled as free. Death Stranding Director's Cut will offer six hours of playtime while Sackboy: A Big Adventure has a five-hour Trial. The timer starts as soon as you trigger the download, so make sure you've got some time to spare otherwise you'll have wasted the opportunity. Accounts are limited to one Game Trial of each game. Since Game Trials are limited to PS5 titles, the PS4 version of Sackboy: A Big Adventure doesn't qualify for this free test.

Your progress, save data, and Trophies will all carry over into the full game should you choose to buy either title after the Game Trial expires. The Game Trials for Death Stranding Director's Cut and Sackboy: A Big Adventure are available until midnight on 28th October 2021.

Not very useful for slow internet users.

To avoid the download time thing

1- Make a new Account With Same Region With your main account
2- Click Download Trial on New Account
3- After Download , Go To Main Account and Click on Download Trial
4- Because you downloaded before , you don't need download again and can play
5- Enjoy

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Weird, you'd think they would push PS Now by using the same streaming technology to offer an instant / timed free demo. I don't know if PS Now offers ps4 / ps5 games though.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
It's particularly strange because I always assumed that the Joy-con's issues came from the fact they were joysticks that had to fit in a small form factor. But the fact the PS5 controller has it too is mindboggling, especially because it normally feels so premium. The controller I bought near launch still doesn't have it, but I'm fearing the day it does.

By the way, I successfully got the PS5 from my post a few weeks ago! It's still in the box because I literally have to make room for it. It's so large that I have to prep for it as if I'm taking home a baby or something

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It has to do with the native analog stick tech, because I remember that when it came to N64 analog sticks, you could reset them to a default position through resetting the console and holding buttons down during the process.

That doesn't exist anymore, I think the analog stick now is just kept in the default center position via manufacturing. I assume that with use, the wear and tear eventually erodes and moves the stick to a position that's no longer centered.

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
We had to clear out two ps4s and a ps3 to make room haha. (I live with housemates who both happened to have ps4s when we moved in, I'm not just a console hoarder!)
Since only a handful of PS4 games are incompatible with the PS5 (most notable among them being the PT demo), there's a 99% chance you won't need your PS4 anymore once you get a PS5. Just be sure to move your PS4 library to External Storage and back up all your saves and captures first, then Initialize PS4 if you decide to part with the PS4.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
If you're tracking PS5 restocks, stay away from Walmart. For starters, there has been a failure and/or unwillingness for Walmart to ship consoles that have legitimately been ordered since July. On top of that, they have since been taking orders while older orders still hadn't shipped. I had been following this problem on Twitter while I was tracking restocks myself.

Now, thanks to TikTok, Walmart has now been caught on camera hoarding PS5 consoles, which has outraged customers, particularly those who ordered the console from Walmart within the last 3 months, even further.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Holy shit. That's beyond scummy.

Wal-Mart is more than likely hoarding these consoles to create a significantly high Fall sales quarter by using them as doorbusters for Black Friday and Christmas sales. Retailers have been concerned about their sales going into the holiday season, so it's not inconceivable Wal-Mart is sitting on these PS5s as a failsafe to ensure they have a blockbuster holiday season. So they can just accumulate product, sit on orders, cancel some, fulfil some others and then when the time comes... Boom. Massive influx of desperate gamers and parents to juice up the sales quarter.

What a fucking world.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Those consoles rightfully belong to the people who ordered them within the last 3 months in the first place.

And it's not just the PS5 Walmart has been fucking around with people's orders with lately. They're also doing this with the Nintendo Switch OLED, which launched two weeks ago. THAT particular scandal was exposed by YouTuber RGT 85 when HIS order got delayed, and with shitty timing too; turns out he's moving to a new place, and making matters worse, Walmart absolutely refused to change the shipping address on his order, citing "company policy", forcing him to cancel his order altogether.

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
The process of Sony porting PlayStation games to PC. Funny stuff.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-sackboy-a-big-adventure-is-on-the-steamdb.505911/page-4#post-75957498 said:
- Sony will never port games to PC.
- Sony is porting the Quantic Dream games because it is an investor in Epic and the exclusivity money paid for development. Don't expect more ports.
- Sony is porting Horizon Zero Dawn because most of the work has been done on account of Death Stranding using the same engine and it wants to drum up interest in the sequel. Don't expect ports of anything released relatively recently.
- Sony is porting Days Gone because it underperformed. Don't expect ports of titles in a successful franchise, like Uncharted.
- Sony is porting Uncharted because it's dormant franchise. Don't expect ports of titles in a successful and active franchise, like God of War.
- Sony is porting God of War (2018) because it's not a cross-gen game. Don't expect ports of games that are also available on PS5.
- Sony is porting Sackboy because it is a cross-gen game. Don't expect ports of PS5 exclusives. <--- We are here.
- Sony is porting [PS5 exclusive] because [reason]. Don't expect day-one releases.
- I can't believe Sony is doing day-one releases! I'm cancelling my pre-orders! / I always suspected Sony's PC port initiative would culminate in day-and-date releases! I never said otherwise, no sir!

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
PS5 CBOMB update.

Sony has adressed the issue in one of the console firmware update, the main changes being:

- The physical PS5 games that were having trouble installing before are now installing and working fine.
- PS5 & PS4 Digital games now work with a dead battery (PS Plus games do not work with a dead battery).

The second point now makes PS5 the only Sony console that can play digital games under CBOMB scenario.

Top Bottom