• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well, Ifalna told Gast that the Cetra used their powers to help heal the planet of it's meteorite strike that leveled it's crust and nearly made it "bleed out" and die. "Cultivating the land" means diverting Lifestream to that wounded area to help the planet heal it's impact crater, which then means prioritizing that Lifestream from the usual 'cycle of life' for creating flora and fauna in the area.

If the Cetra are manipulating the Lifestream to aid in planetary healing, using ice magic for that process wouldn't be that much of a stretch. Using an entity of ice to help the surrounding area deep freeze to prevent excess life from developing and letting the Lifestream focus entirely on healing the planet itself makes sense. Considering the Cetra are manipulating the Lifestream for this, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a Shiva was called upon to aid this purpose, and then gained that historical addition to it's already Ancient lore.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Ifalna's talking about the climate. Yes, the climate of the Northern Continent as a whole had dropped to extremely low temperatures thanks to the divergence of Lifestream not Shiva, but Shiva's loading screen and bestiary entry simply states:

An ice-elemental entity and ruler over the world of ice. It is said that she once saved the planet from certain destruction by staunching a great wound with a glacier.

These are not mutually exclusive events or circumstances. Ifalna's statement of what caused the unusually low temperatures on the continent that inhibited life doesn't contradict Shiva's presence in aiding the planet's first aid by using ice magic to staunch (i.e. stopping the bleeding of a wound) spirit energy loss from the crater wound. Shiva just helped stop the bleeding.

Kazushige Nojima has joined FF7: The First Soldier.

JP FF7 TFS twitter said:
Mr. Kazushige Nojima
Congratulations on your assignment to the Shinra Company Soldier Project 0.

Thank you for accepting. Please review the details of your assignment.
I wish you the best of luck.

#FF7FS #Final Fantasy #FF7R

Kazushige Nojima reply said:
The Shinra Company is ruthless enough to drag an old soldier, who is living a peaceful life with Jersey rats, back to the battlefield.
Since the FF7:TFS Twitter is responding to Nojima in his "Mystery Shinra Box" thread, presumably the Shinra Box is indeed related to TFS.

EDIT: So it appears the mystery box simply contains fancy "Welcome to TFS" papers, a t-shirt, abstract battle map, Shinra Card ID, game renders and screenshots, etc. Among the renders is what looks like a thief/treasure-hunter class.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Hmph. -_-

SOLDIERs may have their fancy feather hats, cool moogle costumes, chocobo masks, capes and all that...

But they'll never get to wear the futuristic neon blue stripes of the real deal SOLDIERs. :awesome:

Back in my day, you maybe got a Moogle mask or Cactuar hat and could change the color of your stripes! And you played underground only!

SOLDIERs sure are spoiled now!

.... Ngl, I really want that box tho.

Last edited:
Rufus costume is now a skin as well.

FC2XaG0aMAAXlVn

- JP IGN Source

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Half a million pre-registrations. Not bad!

Kinda wild that a FFVII title is releasing this month and I'm not all over it. Guess my fandom isn't limitless! However, impressions from the beta were positive and I like that the developers already implemented player feedback and added controller support. I think this has a real good shot at being "alright I guess". Here's to hoping there's no server issues at launch!

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
DG was a thing ever since Genesis was born... which was slightly before Sephiroth was born. So DG is *definetly* a thing by this point. We even have Rosso and Nero's birth years and both of them were born in DG. If anything... I"m more concerned with with being tied into DG somehow on the back-end... given how much of the experimentation going on in here has to do with mako and how far the human body can be pushed with it. Which was exactly the kind of experimentation DG *specialized* in.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
See, and that's when we circle back around to the core question.

Who's the first "SOLDIER?" :awesomonster:

Originally, that distinction belonged unquestionably to Sephiroth. However, we know that Deepground existed before Sephiroth's birth and was a medical facility for wounded SOLDIERs.

So is Sephiroth the first SOLDIER? I'd say yes, because he's the first complete success of the modern procedure utilizing Jenova cells and Mako at the right ratio.

But there were other SOLDIERs who were created from other experiments. Like simply Mako infusion, or other less admirable things. So yeah. Deepground SOLDIERs exist, and they're a branch of SOLDIER hidden from the masses.

So the first person to ever pick up a weapon for Shinra and get super powers could be anyone. Maybe it's you! :awesome:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I'd certainly say that by the era of the Compilation, Sephiroth was no longer seen as the "first" SOLDIER. Mako *had* been around as a a known substance for quite a few decades by the time he was born and I have a *really* hard time not seeing someone in the Science Deparment playing around with what it did to people.

Like oh... Gillian...
Researcher [Materia Room]
This isn’t something to discuss publicly...
But the Science Department was researching
about making copies of SOLDIER operatives.
Do you remember Angeal? I think his mother
was assisting the research at the time.
Given that it was Project G that ended up causing Gillian to stop researching for Shinra all together... she would have been doing whatever the heck this was *before* Proejct G. Or this might even be Project G itself.

Either way, SE had *some* idea for what was going on in the early days of SOLDIER back in the CC development era and it would be interesting to see if anything from that era managed to stick around...

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
This looks so much like Passable: The game based on FFVII to me it hurts lol. Gameplay will be the deciding factor but I don't have high hopes.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
"Alright, who's the smartass that decided to take a Type-0 Behemoth for a walk ABOVE GROUND? No, it looking cute and lonely is NOT a valid reason!!! Well I hope you're happy, now we gotta dispose of the evidence, including the dead and injured. That's *your* job!" -Deepground Scientists after that opening cutscene

I have to admit, I loved the addition of dates to the trailer, showcasing when each of those events happened. They line up with the timeline and make sense. I really love nerdy attention to detail like that :monster:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
It’s nice that as we get closer we get higher up. More registered users is good to see

If they're gonna do the 7 thing, I don't understand why they wouldn't just fully lean into it and and set the threshold at 777,777 :mon:

FF7:TFS "Opening Movie". More of the timeline is specified.

Available November 17.
I've never looked too closely at the timeline...probably because I've never completed any FF7 spinoff games, but that's not the point.

FF7FS takes place in their 1988, 19 years before FF7 (the year 0007). Why the hell did the calendar roll back to 0000? Why not 2007? It seems unnecessary and confusing.

Top Bottom