• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Doodling Dragon

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I'd personally probably make it a little brighter, but overall I think it's looking pretty good. I think the back might benefit from having some texture too it, though not as much as the last version you posted.

I tried adding a bit of leather texture, but it became as cluttered and muddy as the first version. Plus, since textures are high-res photos, when put against a design that is made to emulate paint it looks... too photoshoped. It would work all right had I rendered the crest on a 3D program to make it look more realistic, though. Kinda like the splash screen from Skyrim ultimate edition.

I love textured backgrounds, but I have to admit that with a book cover, minimalism works way better.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
I needed to vent. I remembered that sometimes it's a good therapy to just grab your pencil/brush and paint without thinking about rules, faithfulness to the model... just paint what you feel, not caring that the brushtrokes look rough. You just want one hour of peace with your emotions.

And sometimes you paint a landscape and wish for the canvas to swallow you.

Reference.

Untitled 1.png

Sorry, Autumn is affecting me. Nothing new. Will be as good as new once Winter Solstice hits.

Last edited:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
That's awesome. I'm actually bugging out low key because I painted something very similar to this, including the silhouette of a person in the middle. Different color scheme, though.

Last edited:

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
That's awesome. I'm actually bugging out low key because I painted something very similar to this, including the silhouette of a person in the middle. Different color scheme, though.

Noooooo, please don't feel bugged out! This concept has been made a bajillion times over the decades! Please post yours, I want to see it!

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Noooooo, please don't feel bugged out! This concept has been made a bajillion times over the decades! Please post yours, I want to see it!

Oh not in a bad way. The style of the mountains and everything, just so similar. I’ve been wanting to post more of my paintings, but I want to get good images of them. They won’t fit in a scanner and I don’t like photos of paintings. Actually, though, that one in particular may fit in a scanner..

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
Hey, guys, we finally got permission to post our works for the Lost In Wars zine. My piece deals with Libertus during the first years of darkness, and how he copes with the loss of his friends, and being an older brother of sorts to Iris.

In Memoriam: AO3 | FF.NET

Yeah, I not only doodle, I also scribble a bit :monster:

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
Okay, been holed up painting like mad before winter comes and it's too damn cold in my room to be using the computer to create big pictures.

So, this Spanish company is filming an English-speaking super-production, following the life of St. Francis of Assisi, set between the late 12th century and the start of the 13th, with all the political turmoil and wars as a background.

Soooo, Captain Drau-I mean, Adrian Bouchet has been cast to play Frederick I "Barbarossa", Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. Back in September he posted a behind the scenes photo of himself clad in battle gear while they filmed in the Morocco desert. I threatened promised to make some art with the picture, and here it is:

Frederick finished 50%.png

Inserted a 50% sized image. The full size is 23 MB. Since I don't want to clutter your browsers, here you have the link to my DA page.

And a detal of the medallion I painted for his clasp:

Medallón.png

This was fun! Although... I dont' want to see an army in a long time.

Now, I will take a brief break from everything.

Who am I kiding? I'm already hunting for references for the next piece XDDDDD

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
Ah, almost a year without posting art, oh my! ^^;

Okay, I'll have all of you know that in my new home there won't be anymore the old "it's too cold to use my computer" because WE HAVE CENTRAL HEATING!

Anyway, Some of the things that I've been producing. also, I've changed my artistic name to Spanish Dragon to avoid the Tolkien Estate comign after me when I offer commissions, lol (more of that later):

Loki for President.jpg

Empress Beatrice I signed.jpg

maskerade 2048_2.jpg

Young Regis final version.jpg

Tiefling Paladin finished signed.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAND, I've opened commissions! That's why I changed my name when offering and signing them.

Will edit the first post of this thread with all the info.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
My latest illustration. Had this sitting in my HD for months (almost a year) because I didn't know where I wanted to go with this piece. Sometimes this happens :/

Anyway, here's Fjord Stone, from Critical Role Campaign 2, played by Travis Willinham. I'm pretty stocked for C3, which premieres this week 8D

Fjord final signed.jpg

Top Bottom