End game materia combos

Cloud XVII

Rookie Adventurer
On a save file I've completed pretty much all the game, have my characters up to level 99 and just want to put together some ridiculously overpowered set ups for the hell of it. I'm using Cloud, Barret and Tifa, some combos I've come up with so far:

Cloud - Master magic + Quadra, Ultima + HP absorb, Ultima + MP absorb (quick healing for ultimate weapon, takes up a lot of space)
Barret - Hades + added effect on weapon (lots of AP and negative status effects), Phoenix + final attack
Tifa - Cover at level 3, counter attack, mug (Cover to increase limit bar, counter and mug to still attack when she reaches limit)

Any other suggestions? I'm not great at using support materia so feel likes there's still some more combos I'm missing. Feel free to give suggestions for any character.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
These are some of the faves I’ve come up with (yeah I named them)

note: these combos assume all the materia is mastered

Cloud: The Bladestorm
Weapon: Ultima Weapon
Materia: Cover, Deathblow + Added Cut, HP Plus, 2x Luck Plus, 2x Counter Attack
Armor: Imperial Guard
Materia: 6x Counter Attack

You can stack up to 8 Counter Attack materia in FF7. Mwa ha ha. When Cloud has this combo equipped, any non-spell attack is caught by the mastered Cover, and he makes 8 counter attacks in response, even moving on to other enemies if (when) he kills the offending creature. The two Luck Plus materia increase his chance of getting a critical hit by 100%, and it also synergizes nicely with Deathblow -- but even if you miss with D. Blow, you make a normal attack with the paired Added Cut. Not that you'll be in combat for long enough to actually execute a command.

Tifa: The PTSD
Weapon: Premium Heart
Materia: Fire + Sneak Attack, Fire + HP Absorb, Fire + MP Absorb, Fire + Quadra Magic
Armor: Mystile
Materia: Fire + Steal as Well, Fire + Added Cut, Magic Plus, W Magic

Turn Tifa's trauma into everyone else's problem. There's an 80% chance she'll start the "half" version of this combo at the beginning of a fight, and you can deploy the full version manually by selecting Fire3 twice using the W Magic ability. That means Tifa will cast Fire3 8 times, steal 8 times, attack 8 times, and fully replenish her HP and MP. For some extra juice, you can equip the Wizard Bracelet instead of Mystile and add another Fire + MP Turbo.

Lex

Administrator
These are some of the faves I’ve come up with (yeah I named them)

note: these combos assume all the materia is mastered

Cloud: The Bladestorm
Weapon: Ultima Weapon
Materia: Cover, Deathblow + Added Cut, HP Plus, 2x Luck Plus, 2x Counter Attack
Armor: Imperial Guard
Materia: 6x Counter Attack

You can stack up to 8 Counter Attack materia in FF7. Mwa ha ha. When Cloud has this combo equipped, any non-spell attack is caught by the mastered Cover, and he makes 8 counter attacks in response, even moving on to other enemies if (when) he kills the offending creature. The two Luck Plus materia increase his chance of getting a critical hit by 100%, and it also synergizes nicely with Deathblow -- but even if you miss with D. Blow, you make a normal attack with the paired Added Cut. Not that you'll be in combat for long enough to actually execute a command.

Tifa: The PTSD
Weapon: Premium Heart
Materia: Fire + Sneak Attack, Fire + HP Absorb, Fire + MP Absorb, Fire + Quadra Magic
Armor: Mystile
Materia: Fire + Steal as Well, Fire + Added Cut, Magic Plus, W Magic

Turn Tifa's trauma into everyone else's problem. There's an 80% chance she'll start the "half" version of this combo at the beginning of a fight, and you can deploy the full version manually by selecting Fire3 twice using the W Magic ability. That means Tifa will cast Fire3 8 times, steal 8 times, attack 8 times, and fully replenish her HP and MP. For some extra juice, you can equip the Wizard Bracelet instead of Mystile and add another Fire + MP Turbo.

Last time I did a full run of VII I did something very similar to this. I wanted to see if I could beat everything including the Weapons without pressing a button. You can! :D

Top Bottom