• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Cowboy Bebop Live-Action Series

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I don't think they will include Ed, mostly because nowadays having a little kid in a real action noir film as a comic relief would be very hard to handle. I wish they would include her, but heh. Probably the dog is out of the picture too.

But I don't care, as long as they change the ending. I hated the original ending. I don't care how powerful it was. I hated it.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Pretty sure Ein is there, he's in the trailers and I think the opening they've released.

I decided a while ago that in my universe, the movie happened after the last episode. Everything is fine.

I found it silly that the movie (which ostensibly takes place mid-season somewhere) drummed up life and death stakes, particularly with the poison plot. Like, are we supposed to be afraid for Spike’s life? ?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't think they will include Ed, mostly because nowadays having a little kid in a real action noir film as a comic relief would be very hard to handle. I wish they would include her, but heh. Probably the dog is out of the picture too.

E9dDi4mVcAEziEO

:monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I found it silly that the movie (which ostensibly takes place mid-season somewhere) drummed up life and death stakes, particularly with the poison plot. Like, are we supposed to be afraid for Spike’s life? ?
I think we're supposed to just really take in that only Vicious could kill Spike.

Reactions: Ite

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Wow, yeah, that proves a lot about what the show can do. Makes me reconsider what fans should prioritize when discussing actor preferences. Discussions are often based too much on appearance rather than other elements - in motion, everyone’s spot on here.

From that clip, it feels different enough from the anime to justify existing, while still feeling like it’s cut from the same cloth. That did a lot more to prove itself than any of the media up until now.

Cowboy bebop: he MCU film

Yeah, I'm kind of getting this vibe from the teaser. Kind of reminds me of the Scott Pilgrim movie, too.

What it does with the transitions and stuff is interesting and looks good, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it overall. Not that the anime was always super serious, but this seems to have a campier (specifically '70s?) feel. Idk, admittedly it's been a long time since I've watched the anime, but iirc even though things could get silly in the original there was always sort of an underlying cool factor/stylishness to it (maybe a result of being animated?) that I'm not sure this is going to, or even trying to, capture. I guess it might be doing its own thing, at least tonally, so I suppose that's something?

Still gonna reserve judgement until it's out.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I never judge by the trailers because editing is everything
Believe it or not, the other day they aired Joker on national TV and the ad for it... they advertised it as a wacky comedy... smh...

All I want to say is that, if anyone complained about Faye being more covered because whatever, know that the getup she's wearing now makes far more sense if you are shooting like a madwoman. Showing so many skin can only expose you to burns when shooting a firearm. Also, no matter how slim and graceful and actress might be, anime!Faye had such unrealistic proportions that transposing her to real life image would border into the uncanny valley. Sometimes you have to reach a compromise.

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima

Ok this actually makes me believe this show can work. Really!
Weird. That looked really badly presented to me. but it almost felt like a promo, and those aren't represented of the actual movie itself? Anyhow, I'm a bit worried after seeing that

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
My opinion has shifted a lot. I'm now really on board, because honestly, that was really on-point. I saw a comment on YouTube saying it was campy, but I personally just see it as channeling the fun, carefree spirit of the original series. The emotional sentiments were there too, represented with the Julia segments of the trailer; and I expect them to be fleshed out in the series itself. (Same with the Vincent segments)

I mean, of course, there's little things I had slight issue with, but beggars can't be choosers. (Julia's design is very striking in the original, she feels more like a generalized blonde woman here)

The CGI Bebop and Starfish II were also really accurate and fantastic.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
It looks genuinely fun (some stiff interactions and cheap looks though).

If I hadn't watched the anime, I would be totally onboard because it looks insane and unique. Having watched it though, I fear it might ruin my memories even if I know it would be impossible to it to capture everything that made Cowboy Bepop what is... the best anime of all-time. Fight me.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I wish I could see what some of you are seeing in this. I really just hate how quippy everyone is, Bebop wasn't really like that. The CG looks good, but all the sets look so cheap. I also don't think I'm ever not gonna be distracted by how Cho is just way too old to be Spike, because he looks every bit as old as he is.

Reactions: Wol

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I agree that he looks too old, but I think he gets enough about the role right to where the positives outweigh the negatives. His appearance is the thing he has least down. I would say that 2000s Keanu would’ve been a better choice, but he’s so over saturated in media that I don’t think he’s a good choice anymore. Then again, maybe he never was a good choice, lol. I think it’s very hard to get an IRL Spike that checks off every box. Especially Steve Blum’s iconic voice.

The only lines that came off super quippy were the ones where Spike wants to kill Faye (???) Seems like a misidentification of their bickering in the original series, and that was the only thing in the trailer that didn’t land for me. But otherwise I didn’t see many insufferable quips. And I feel like my MCU quip tolerance is quite low

It’s a low bar, but by Death Note Netflix standards, this hits a lot of better notes than the usual adaptation.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
"All right team, let's go get some bounties" also struck me as very... weird. I can' make any judgements until it's released, of course, but I'm just not seeing Spike's charisma in Cho. Like, Jet is pretty spot-on so far, but Cho just hasn't stuck out to me in these previews.

Top Bottom