FF Newbie Starting FF7 original

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13557

There's way too damn much that's missable without a guide. It's in the top 3 FFs with missable content second only to FFIX.

Feeing this hard. On 3rd playthrough and I’m still finding new stuff.

Huh. I understand that essentially means that someone's died, but returned to the planet as what, exactly? Mako, maybe? Does the game explain this later or am I just being dense lol

I wasn’t too far off!

Also Aeris / Aerith is such a great character. Probably my favourite in the game so far.

How in the blue hell did I dodge her death up until I played this game?

D

Deleted member 13557

Following Sephiroth’s attack on Tseng, I interacted with the pool just because, not expecting it to do anything. That was a pretty sweet visual, especially considering the previous scene.

Yet another thing I haven’t seen before, or I’m at least pretty sure.

Imperial Black

Rookie Adventurer
Following Sephiroth’s attack on Tseng, I interacted with the pool just because, not expecting it to do anything. That was a pretty sweet visual, especially considering the previous scene.

Yet another thing I haven’t seen before, or I’m at least pretty sure.
Hello traveller,

I'm strongly considering a little gander through the original game when I meet my October deadline.

I've enjoyed reading your thread, brought back so many happy and not so happy memories.

What's your favourite line up + weapons?

D

Deleted member 13557

What's your favourite line up + weapons?

I tend to use Cloud, Tifa and Aerith up to TotA, then Cloud, Tifa and Cid.

Can’t really give a great answer for weapons because I can’t name many of the top of my head. Come Northern Cave I’m using my party’s ultimate weapons, and if I’m grinding before that I’ll use Cloud and Cid’s triple growth weapons and probably god hand for Tifa.

D

Deleted member 13557

Something is still making me scratch my head a little bit from the first time you board the Highwind. (may be paraphrasing slightly below)

Red XIII: The reason why we thought it was Cloud…
Tifa: …I know.

Am I missing something here? Despite his constructed personality, Cloud is still Cloud throughout the entire game.

Figured it’d make more sense if Red said “the reason why we thought it was Sephiroth” but again, probably just missing something.

Last edited by a moderator:
If a translator wants to have a go... Text entries 16 and 17 from field fship_23.

レッドXIII​
「それにティファ……オイラたちが​
 クラウドだと思ってたのは……」​
ティファ​
「……わかってる」​
「だから確かめたいの。​
 もう一度会いたいの」​

English PS1 localization, almost identical to PC translation:
Red XIII​
“And Tifa……the reason why we all​
thought it was Cloud​
was because……”​
Tifa​
“……I know.”​
“That's why I want to make sure.​
That's why I have to see him again.”​
DeepL gives me Red XIII's line as "And Tifa...who we thought was Cloud, was..."

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Red XIII is alluding to the possibility of Cloud having been nothing more but an extension of Sephiroth. An offshoot, copy, avatar, etc. A fabrication.

The context of the scene is this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Cid
Welcome to my airship--the Highwind! What's wrong!? You should be more excited than that!

Nanaki
Cid......

Cid
Yeah......

Tifa
Not enough crew.

Barret
What's that sad face for?

Cid
Well, it takes all kinds.

Nanaki
Do you think we aren't strong enough without Cloud? Do you think we can't save the Planet alone?

Tifa
Meteor is coming, and Weapon is on the rampage...... At a time like this, I don't know what I'm supposed to do......No idea at all......

Barret
Get a hold of yourself Tifa! C'mon, let's think about this! No way we can get offa this train we're on!

Tifa
......If only Cloud was here, everything would be fine.
Cloud would...... Stand that cocky little way he did, and tell us what to do. He'd say, 'Everything's under control, Tifa.'

Barret
Tifa! When'd you become such a wimp!

Tifa
I'm sorry Barret. I'm kind of shocked myself. I'm so depressed.

Nanaki
And Tifa...... the reason why we all thought it was Cloud was because......

Tifa
......I know. That's why I want to make sure. That's why I have to see him again.

----------------------------------------------------------------

From there, the party supports Tifa's wish to find Cloud again and confirm whether or not he's real or just a fabricated, artificial life form. The question is, is Cloud a real person? Does he exist? Was he really an ally and friend or just a sleeper agent puppet formed from false memories and reflective of Sephiroth's will and power?

That's what Red XIII was alluding to and Tifa was acknowledging, sorrowfully.

D

Deleted member 13557

Red XIII is alluding to the possibility of Cloud having been nothing more but an extension of Sephiroth. An offshoot, copy, avatar, etc. A fabrication.

The context of the scene is this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Cid
Welcome to my airship--the Highwind! What's wrong!? You should be more excited than that!

Nanaki
Cid......

Cid
Yeah......

Tifa
Not enough crew.

Barret
What's that sad face for?

Cid
Well, it takes all kinds.

Nanaki
Do you think we aren't strong enough without Cloud? Do you think we can't save the Planet alone?

Tifa
Meteor is coming, and Weapon is on the rampage...... At a time like this, I don't know what I'm supposed to do......No idea at all......

Barret
Get a hold of yourself Tifa! C'mon, let's think about this! No way we can get offa this train we're on!

Tifa
......If only Cloud was here, everything would be fine.
Cloud would...... Stand that cocky little way he did, and tell us what to do. He'd say, 'Everything's under control, Tifa.'

Barret
Tifa! When'd you become such a wimp!

Tifa
I'm sorry Barret. I'm kind of shocked myself. I'm so depressed.

Nanaki
And Tifa...... the reason why we all thought it was Cloud was because......

Tifa
......I know. That's why I want to make sure. That's why I have to see him again.

----------------------------------------------------------------

From there, the party supports Tifa's wish to find Cloud again and confirm whether or not he's real or just a fabricated, artificial life form. The question is, is Cloud a real person? Does he exist? Was he really an ally and friend or just a sleeper agent puppet formed from false memories and reflective of Sephiroth's will and power?

That's what Red XIII was alluding to and Tifa was acknowledging, sorrowfully.
Great explanation, thanks. The wording of Red XIII’s line is what confused me the most but Tifa’s response makes it a bit clearer.

D

Deleted member 13557

And so ends my 3rd FF7 playthrough!

Not much to say really. Game is still fun, story is still great. Beat it in under 40 hours. Didn’t grind at all, just wanted to appreciate the game.

I will say though, casting despell on Sephiroth and then wall on yourselves turns him into a complete wimp. I hardly got to enjoy his theme! He didn’t cast supernova once, and I beat Bizzaro with full health.

Probably gonna leave this game until we get more remake news.

Does this mean I’ll finally play FF8?

…Possibly.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Does this mean I’ll finally play FF8?
giphy.gif

Top Bottom