• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

So I'm replaying and of course going the Tifa route I got this scene. BUT!!! I remember clearly when I first replayed a few months ago (yeah I'm replaying just for a combo) that Tifa took Cloud on the date... while everyone was still downstairs, in front of the stairs. Like, in this scene she still hesitates a bit, but in the other one, she was really bold? So are there two scenes depending on how many points she has? Because first I thought they must have changed it a bit for the PC version - they sometimes do! but now I got this scene and I distinctly remember getting another one!
I will need some clarification on how game events transpired exactly. But first, a recap on the normal order of events.

- The group gathers in the hotel (field "ghotin_4") and discuss the black capes, the Black Materia, Sephiroth and Red XIII's tattoo. The party starts going to their room and the scene ends with Cid snoozing on the chair. Screen fades to black.
SCUS_941.63_a.png
There is no variation of this scene, be it in English or in Japanese, that in any shape or form discusses a date between two people. I have not investigated the French script.

- With the fade we find Cloud in his hotel room (field "ghotin_2"). The player can't move him around and you have no choice but to wait for the scene to play out as the selected "date character" drags Cloud out the room. This is always how the date initiates, regardless of character.
SCUS_941.63_01122021_b.png

- Game transitions to the hub of the Gold Saucer (field "gldgate"), with no other field/map visited inbetween. The date events commence.
SCUS_941.63_01122021_c.png

After the date events and Cait Sith's betrayal, the player is transported back to the hotel room (ghotin_2). You then control Cloud to move down to the hotel lobby (ghotin_4). Here you can speak to a character (who will merge with Cloud) to form a party on your way to the Temple of the Ancients. Tifa's optional dialogue here:
SCUS_941.63_01122021_d.png

This moment is the only candidate for what you are describing, @Eerie. The modern PC version, and especially the Switch port, can experience errors where the game's various event flags, plot progression values and even map-teleportation calls are not updated properly. It's possible that, at an odd point, the game moved you to the hotel lobby and skipped the bedroom/hotel-room scene. The game then waited for you to form a party as though you were going to the Temple of the Ancients, but once you formed a party with Tifa and left the hotel the normal date events still ensued. *Edit: It's also possible you already had Tifa in your party and simply left without interacting with the characters, as I do not know exactly how your playthrough went.*

Definitely big glitches required for all this to happen but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. The fact that you were playing the PC version makes all this more likely.

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
@Shademp: imagine being in your first pic and having Tifa taking you to the date... and everything goes accordingly. I was like "but isn't this supposed to happen in the bedroom?" I was so confused, thought they changed it just for the PC version. It's right after Aerith says "No... Nothing" (or something alike), and goes up the stairs. I missed the rest of the scene too, now that I think about it. But then the date happened without trouble, so I didn't think much about it, because I know there are differences between the PC and the PS versions. When I replayed yesterday and got the bedroom scene, I was even MORE confused, hence my post here.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
My latest playthrough was with the black label PS1 discs, the same ones that I first played back in ‘01. Got the Tifa date and can confirm that the group scene is before the date; once Tifa walks into Cloud’s room (revealing your date partner) it proceeds directly to the Gold Saucer, uh, portal room, and then to the play. Hope this helps!

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Outside of Shademp's scenario, the only other possibility I could think of is that you may have been playing a mod? I promise, no scene like you describe exists in the game. There's no code for it (I showed the entire main script for the sequence) and certainly no text for it.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I did have The Reunion installed, but I didn't play it because... I couldn't make it work. As a result all my NPCs have those buggy opened mouths, it's a little hilarious (see: Sephiroth). As a side note, my achievements also don't work and it's really annoying.

Eerie

Fire and Blood

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
? I just can't with those bare hands... so unintentionally lascivious.

And those two already being extra touchy with each other does NOT help. Don't think y'all can slip that subtle midriff grazing past us... we're tracking now.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah, it's really a feast lol. Look at how happy he is at the idea of having a date with Tifa:

Or just how much he smiles when talking to her:

There's also this where it confirms what we already knew, how his hand lingers on her back there:

I was thinking seeing the game already in part 1 on console how it was more believable that Tifa chose to believe in Cloud in Kalm (in the OG; I believe it will be the same in Remake because Cloud needs Tifa's faith in him more than anything to go on), but now with this... of course she'll want to believe in him!

Also I'm putting spoilers because I remember that when there were too many images, it was problematic to load the FC page. Since we're in overload right now, I will be using spoiler tags to ease the load.

Phantasia

Pro Adventurer
There is a very clear intent in the way these scenes are designed. Denying it is a sign of foolishness at this point.

I ship these two so hard that sometimes I think I'm setting myself to disappointment. I need an onscreen kiss so bad! :wallbanger:

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
There is a very clear intent in the way these scenes are designed. Denying it is a sign of foolishness at this point.

I ship these two so hard that sometimes I think I'm setting myself to disappointment. I need an onscreen kiss so bad! :wallbanger:

Considering how touchy-feely these two were in Part 1, the only way to go is up, I think XD And I would still find it tremendously funny if it's okay for the game to show a handjob of innuendo, fairly graphic murder and constant violence, strongly imply rape and sex trafficking, and threaten to smash, rip and cut the balls of said operation's ringleader, but an honest to god kiss or implied sex of mutual consent is "too much". Ratings are funny.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Chatting with @odekopeko made me wonder, how do you think guys the Lifestream scene will be in Remake?

Personally, looking at how part 1 exacerbated the OG, I think we will see Cloud struggling even more with his memories. ToTP has introduced us to more memories between Cloud and Tifa and I'm curious to see if they're going to use them? We saw in part 1 that Jenova manipulated all of Cloud's memories minus the promise scene, so we definitely will have more on this struggling, I guess. We also will definitely see Tifa holding hands with mini-Cloud - and that's going to be super cute, eh!

I was also thinking how in the OG, the Lifestream scene is a very intimate scene, but in Remake, what if they add a fight with a new Jenova, to materialise Cloud winning over her (either in solo, or with Tifa's help)?

I don't think we'll see a kiss there - IMHO we'll have one for the Highwind scene - but maybe a hug?

Thinking about this also made me wonder if once he'll be back to himself, Tifa will make a comment about his eyes.

Phantasia

Pro Adventurer
I really don't think they are going to deviate a lot from the original one. They might add a few new scenes taken from the novel, but they are keeping the core of the scene the same.

I really think (and hope) they are splitting the game in three parts, and expanding the story as much as they did in the first installment might not be necessary. Even if I love FF7, four or more parts is just too much.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I'm a bit late, but this is just so sweet:

This was the Omega Ultimania and I especially enjoy those two lines:

- "Young Cloud represents Cloud's true feelings" > I have said for quite some time now that the LS scene is the resolve of the love triangle, and I'm quite happy to see this there

- "Cloud and Tifa are now truly reunited" > I can't wait to see that in HD, because on the screenshot you can see that they are holding hands, but since they're blocks, it's easily "avoidable". Remake will definitely make that very clear, and I'm impatient about it!

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Double posting, but in case you missed it, the Final Fantasy café has a cloti drink:

Its description, according to Audrey:

Cloud and Tifa exchanged a promise at the water tower underneath the starry sky. The drink's blue jelly and purple cassis syrup represents the night sky during that moment.

Here is the list of all the drinks, I would try Costa del Sol and Banora White haha:

Top Bottom