Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waw

Pro Adventurer
I know it won't happen, but I wouldn't mind DLC chapters post the final installment dealing with OTWTAS, AC, and Dirge. At that point, all the assets they'd need will likely/mostly be made. Fans would buy those DLCs at that point I bet. Even a final Genesis/Weiss chapter would probably be gobbled up.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I know it won't happen, but I wouldn't mind DLC chapters post the final installment dealing with OTWTAS, AC, and Dirge. At that point, all the assets they'd need will likely/mostly be made. Fans would buy those DLCs at that point I bet. Even a final Genesis/Weiss chapter would probably be gobbled up.

And I would gladly watch playthroughs of them on YouTube. Especially if one of them was Genesis/Weiss.

Reactions: waw

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Hi guys, it's been some years. Hope you are all doing fine. Would anyone happen to know what's the consensus on Aeris's revival on remake - is there a chance the original death scene could be avoided and/or Aeris revived? Any interesting theories or videos someone could point me out to?

I'm just curious.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
If they change anything about it, then I'd imagine there would be a spike in site traffic.

We don't know each other but welcome back anyhow.
Thanks mate, strange to be here. I did some detective work and it's only been around 3+ years since I last logged in... I kind of stumbled back upon this forum through a ff7 related YT-video. Let's see, perhaps I'll find something of interest here again - this used to be such a defining place pre-remake era (I mean for me personally).

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
Hi guys, it's been some years. Hope you are all doing fine. Would anyone happen to know what's the consensus on Aeris's revival on remake - is there a chance the original death scene could be avoided and/or Aeris revived? Any interesting theories or videos someone could point me out to?

I'm just curious.

Do I start this up again?

Probably best not, I’ll have MakoEyes track me down and gut me like a fish. ?

If all the timey-wimey stuff comes to fruition, I hope they make use of time displacements as an alternate means of telling flashbacks and/or setup character interactions that otherwise could never happen.

For example it would be neat if Rufus Shinra gets briefly displaced into an alternate timeline (or simply a few weeks/months in the past) and ends up having a chat with with his old man. The scene would serve both to illuminate their troubled relationship and to actually utilize the new plot points of time/destiny shenanigans. The ending of Part 1 already set up Rufus Shinra as an "important" figure by being able to see the Whispers, so if this is followed up by Rufus Shinra being time-displaced then that would feel like a good payoff in my mind.

Ton of potential here really. Imagine being placed back in time to when Seto defended Cosmo Canyon from the Gi tribe, seeing it unfold.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think that would be a little too on the nose. If Red XIII can achieve emotional catharsis by speaking to his father before he died, clearing up the mistaken belief that he was a coward, that completely erases the emotional grief and maturation Red XIII experienced when confronted with the truth. It doesn't challenge his snap to judgment or really create that bond with Bugenhagen who is there to comfort him with the truth about his dad and reinforce his resolve as a guardian of the planet.

I suppose the grief/loss would be Red XIII having to say goodbye again but why redo it? Would he really be changed or matured through such an experience? I don't think we're supposed to have literal time travel within FFVII. Time is an element but not for literal traversing and redoing the past of the plot.

The Seto scenario is more difficult than I imagined. I pictured the party only seeing a mysterious canine defeating Gi tribe, then vanishing, but yes that would give the show away early as to what Seto actually did.

I still think the Rufus Shinra meets Shinra Senior scenario could work. The time/universe-displacements would either have no impact on the present of the beagle-timeline or they would be a mostly insignificant dent on the terrier-timeline. Whether these scenes count as time-travel or universe-travel would depend on where Square takes the timey-wimey-ness of things, but I can see either happening.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
So uh, I dunno if this or the actual remake thread is the place to post but as its story related maybe here has anyone seen what's been going on in relation to Nojima on twitter

A certain someone harrasing him on his personal twitter account was apparently the straw that broke the camel's back and now Nojima has tweeted to say he is no longer going to speak about the remake.

Screenshot_20220117-100042_Twitter.jpg

What an absolute shame that its come to this for him and he doesn't feel comfortable commenting any more, and I think its disgusting he's been driven to it.

Just as an extra note I'm not saying that certain someone was fully responsible for this but evidence suggests played a huge part in it. I've seen them constantly bombard all offical FG channels to get their Jessie fix in anything remotely FF7 related including including on FFBE and Dissidia Opera Omnia channels

Nojima has from what I understand been getting harassment over shipping but this seemed to be the final straw and was relentless.

People need to have respect the creators and their work, and stop the harrasment and bombarding. This is when the creators feel they have to quiet down on giving any info to their fans or feel they need to back off its crazy and disgusting

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Ahh I didn't see it in the LTD but its Horrific, I was trying to be a bit diplomatic about not mentioning names but as you've mentioned it Jairus seriously needs to be blocked from any of SEs and get some serious help at this rate.

I'm glad to see so much support for Nojima currently and everyone so far up in arms about this.

I think it'd be neat if the purple thunderstorm in Nibelheim, from Vincent's OG wallpaper image, was worked into FFVIIR.

media_vincent_big.jpg

I never really paid attention before to *where* in Nibelheim Vincent is standing, but looking at the gate to the bottom left I can see that he is crouching on top of Shinra Manor.

Anyway no bigger argument here other than I think it'd be neat if this cool CG image was given an in-story context. The writers should certainly have no trouble writing up a supernatural thunderstorm if they so desire. :monster:

Mr. Dolphin

Lv. 25 Adventurer
The writers should certainly have no trouble writing up a supernatural thunderstorm if they so desire. :monster:

An npc saying “the lightning turned purple ever since they put in that damn reactor” and a rumor going around town about a mysterious figure appearing from time to time on the top of the manor is all the explanation I need to see that shot

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Sometimes lightning is purple tho

I don’t think it needs to be Rogue One levels of contrived, just have Vincent not join the party in the basement, then when they exit the mansion, it’s a thunder storm, and when you go to leave Nibelheim, cut to a moody shot of Vincent on the roof watching the thunder, showing that his role in the story is not yet over. Then he shows up to save you at some point in the Nibel Mountain dungeon.

Or whatever, make it a time hurricane

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
The party sits around the Cosmo Candle, reminiscing about the old days. Cloud silently listens in while Barret and Tifa recall anecdotes about their escapades in Midgar with the other Avalanche members. A contemplative silence falls upon them as they realize those times are past them now.

Tifa turns to Cloud, seemingly having remembered something.

Tifa: "Cloud..."

Cloud: "What is it, Tifa?"

Tifa: "Did... did Jessie..."

Her eyes shift to the side, in seeming hesitation.

Cloud: "Did Jessie... what?"

Tifa: "Did-"

Suddenly, Barret violently shoves Tifa aside, sending her directly into the fire.

Barret: "DID JESSIE THESE NUTS?"

*Credit roll*

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I mean, Vincent does at first refuses to join the party and goes back into his coffin.

It's only until the party goes into the hallway leading out of the basement that he comes out, and changes his mind.

Simply shift that change of mind from the hallway to outside during a lightning storm. Hell, you could make the moment reminiscent of his magnificent landing from Chapter 1 in Dirge of Cerberus. I think referencing both the OG and his game would be lit :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom