Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioTeach

Pro Adventurer
So this scenario could be for part 2 or any part of the remake really: Assuming Zack is actually alive (I know there's a lot of room for argument there), I hope we get to see some interaction between him and Tseng. Firstly because I always found their dynamic interesting. It seems to me that Tseng took their failure to save Zack rather hard, leading me to believe that he cared about Zack and maybe even considered him a friend. Which makes me wonder what would happen when Zack inevitably asks him about Aerith. The last time they saw each other was at the park right before Zack leaves for Nibelheim. Tseng told him not to worry about Aerith as it was his job to protect her to which Zack responded "You're the only one I can depend on. I'm counting on you." So much for that. Now Tseng is going to have to either lie or confess that he kidnapped her and handed her over to Hojo to be raped and experimented on. I don't think Zack would take that confession too lightly. Would make for an interesting confrontation between the two.

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
I honestly just want to see more interaction between my two favorite characters, Aerith and Vincent. I would be over the moon happy if they had at least one moment of badassery together, and possibly a touching/heartwarming or funny moment. That's literally all I ask. Just some friendship stuff. Even though I ship them, I also do friend-ship them.

Other than that, I'm open to pretty much anything. Oh, and I'm also one of those "Aerith should live" people. I can already hear the violent typing and heavy breathing as you're trying to put me in my place. Bring it on! In the words of Johnny Cash: I won't back down. :sunglasses:

Last edited:

Ashen

Pro Adventurer
This may sound weird, but I'd like to get some optional/hidden scenes like in the OG. I know many people think it was annoying to have plot-related scenes hidden, but I felt really happy and somewhat accomplished when I found one of those. Like, 'oh, I can keep replaying this game over and over and still find new, and sometimes important stuff hidden'. Even finding small, optional scenes with the characters felt satisfyng. But I'd bet that's not happening anymore... Not nowdays.

Chocomog

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Arthur Daniel
Hello guys... so I'm new to the community and I actually don't plan to be very active here. As probably many of you I'm a Final Fantasy Fan since the FF7 release. And I've read and talked about a lot of theories, analysis, possibillities and stuff about Remake. And I'm more on the camp of those who are saying the story already changed a lot. And that it's not a remake but a sequel that was named Remake for the reason, that there will be huge changes in the future. And I think the mix of being a Sequel but following the OG core story is one of the best things ever because we re-experience the OG in a modern way and get total new content, which includes the compilation stuff as well.

However, there is one thing I never talked about and I've never seen people talked about it that way. And the hope that I have.

And that's the fact that I don't want Aerith to die in Part 2 because I feel like it's way to early. Not in terms of story or anything. Just for my own feelings. I never was that big of an Aerith Fan. But rhe Remake learned me to love her so much. I want to enjoy as much of time as possible with her.

Since I'm still convinced that she will die and the developers will have to go on with the story, I think I'm okay with this in the middle or end of part 3. But I feel like part 2 would be to early. Espeically for the new fans as well. I mean we probably never will see her again in that form. Can't even imagine how the game will feel without her.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
There's a huge thread dedicated to your spoiler in the spoiler section here, so you can check it.

I think we really need to know how many parts will the game be - to me, that's the thing we need to know. It's very different if it's a 3 or 4 parts game - and I'm personally betting 4 parts game, which means it'd happen in part 3.

Chocomog

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Arthur Daniel
There's a huge thread dedicated to your spoiler in the spoiler section here, so you can check it.

Well I wasn't about starting a spoiler discussion or questioning about what they questioning in this thread. Only wanted to share my hope for part 2. So I think it's fine to do it here with spoilertags. But thanks even so.

I think we really need to know how many parts will the game be - to me, that's the thing we need to know. It's very different if it's a 3 or 4 parts game - and I'm personally betting 4 parts game, which means it'd happen in part 3.

Wouldn't bet that they even tell us. I think they will gonna say something with "maybe, probably". Some kind of relativating to keep some room for changes if needed. It's probably more likely that they gonna spoil it to much in there second or third trailer. Like they did with part 1.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
445A7957-FF27-49B7-BE44-7DD97458DEE8.jpeg

I dunno, y’all. I think they could go a step further and just kill every other female character except Madam M. Her and Cloud share an intimacy that no one else can live up to, and killing every other girl will remove any potential distractions from the true love story between a masseuse and her client.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Might be a weird joke tweet, but I'll bite:

Imagine thinking that the only way to spotlight female characters is by killing other women.

as well as,

Imagine thinking that the best way to replicate the feel of that scene is by killing more women.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8 (1)~2.jpg

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I've been reminded a few days ago by yet another of his tweets in "Japanese" to the official account, I just, let me forget he exists damnit. He should get therapy before being admitted anywhere near Twitter, any social media in general, and the Remake trilogy/the Compilation.

I hope Jessie is 100% dead and we won't see her ever again near that trilogy. :wacky:

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Imagine thinking that the only way to spotlight female characters is by killing other women.

as well as,

Imagine thinking that the best way to replicate the feel of that scene is by killing more women.

Exactly.

I prefer to just let that guy fade back into irrelevance but that one really rubbed me the wrong way. Like, it never seems to occur to these people how much misogyny they perpetuate for the sake of shipping.

There’s also this weird rhetoric that not following his specific vision of what FF7 should be means the devs are too afraid to go outside the OG. Uh, what? Did we play the same remake lmao? Do you think we’d even be where we are if that point was actually true?

Gotta love when fans do this weird doublespeak to try to be sneaky about what they actually mean. Like no, my dude, you don’t actually care about Yuffie. Nor do you care about the “Avalanche trio”, we all know it’s all about Jessie. You don’t care about “not being bound to the OG”, you want Cloud with Jessie. Same goes for a lot of those Zack x Tifa shippers like come on, you people couldn’t be any more obvious about what you really want lol.

Screw it, Sephiroth had the right idea all along.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
If he really cared about the Avalanche trio he'd be good with Biggs surviving lol.

He's in that weird spot where it gives him hope that Jessie survived, and at the same time he hates it that it's confirmed that it's Biggs and not Jessie. He's very well aware that it could mean Jessie's alive or dead - Schrödinger Jessie lol. I remember at some point (before the trailer for Rebirth?) he was kind of campaigning, wanting the devs to confirm that she was alive lol.

Yes he's that far.

Also @cold_spirit I'm always snorting when I see people legit hating on the main characters (especially Tifa, Zack and some Aerith) MORE than Sephiroth, HOJO and Jenova. Like, dudes, set your priorities right ffs. And I mean I totally get that you can be a fan of those (HOJO really? I'm gonna judge you...) BUT usually it's not the case and they act as if aforementioned characters are more evil than the main villains of FFVII... I just :mon:

Edit for clarity

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
What does "starved of touching grass" mean? Are they deprived of cannabis or something?
Or it's another way of saying out of touch with real life, probably. Derp.

Regarding killing off the main characters and all that...
This mindset isn't just cringy, but it's just plain psychopathic. I'd be keeping a close eye on that guy. :researchingu:

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
What does "starved of touching grass" mean? Are they deprived of cannabis or something?
Or it's another way of saying out of touch with real life, probably. Derp.

Regarding killing off the main characters and all that...
This mindset isn't just cringy, but it's just plain psychopathic. I'd be keeping a close eye on that guy. :researchingu:

“Touch grass” is basically Gen Z rediscovering a new way to tell people to “go outside”. The implication being that if you spend the greater part of your day arguing about pixels with strangers online, you probably don’t see enough sunlight.

…which, I mean, is probably true for many people in this fanbase including myself lol.

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
“Touch grass” is basically Gen Z rediscovering a new way to tell people to “go outside”. The implication being that if you spend the greater part of your day arguing about pixels with strangers online, you probably don’t see enough sunlight.

…which, I mean, is probably true for many people in this fanbase including myself lol.
Ah. Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

SmugOrderlyCaribou-max-1mb.gif

I mean, discussing characters & lore and theorycrafting and whatever is a ton of fun, but at the end of the day, it's just a video game.

backing-away-slowly-sienfeld.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom