FF Collections

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That Terra looks incredible, but that's a Masterline 1/6 scale statue. I'm 99.999% positive that's going to cost at least $2k or even close to $3k USD, going by the first Masterline statue done by this studio for Nier Automata. Prime 1 Studios do very large scale, high quality and expensive collectible statues; they're for collectors looking to spend. I love that collectibles have gotten to such a level of detail, artistic quality and creativity but I just wish they weren't so....inaccessible. There's just no way I'm going to be able to get that. LOL, I barely managed to afford the Battle of Destiny Zidane vs. Kuja statue by Tsume. That was $800 USD on pre-order. I wish Square would have kept to that level of detail and price for these high end statues. Jumping to over a grand just... That's going to lock out everyone but the most well off fans and that's sad.

In less sad news, I just have to share the acquisition of... Something incredible.

Earlier in the thread I was lamenting missing out on getting one of the rare old school cold cast statues that had been listed on ebay. However, as they say, when the Lifestream takes one soul, another new soul gets born and given the chance to live. :awesome:

I managed to get a first edition Kotobukiya Highwind cold cast statue. The first editions were released in 1997 in Japan, hand crafted and limited to 500 pieces. It was re-released in 2005, this time un-numbered and mass produced. So the first waves are exceedingly rare due to scarcity, age, and collectible value. I managed to snag one for cheap because... It was broken.

So, I had to repair it!

It was rough, but honestly? It could've been worst. The wires were thankfully still in tact and attached. However, the top most propellers had been snapped off, one of the lower propellers was just missing entirely, and the tail rudders somehow got detached in transit to my house. The seller stated this had been bought, broken, and then put back in box and left in their closet for years so they never touched it and just decided to sell it for cheap.

So, it arrived and... I got to work.

Thankfully, the breaks on the propellers and the broken wings were mostly clean. So super glue and patience allowed the bond to hold and stay affixed to the main body of the airship.

Reattaching these tail rudders was difficult because what the seller didn't mention, was one of the blades inside the rudder had broken off too! So trying to glue that tiny piece back inside and line up straight with the others was difficult as hell. I got mostly back in, and then affixed the two rudders back to the tail of the airship. Once again, thankfully the break was mostly clean.

And with that, the Highwind was restored. For a 24 year old statue that was broken and neglected, it came out looking pretty good! I'm just so thankful I got this for such a deal, and a first edition to boot. Part of me still can't believe it's real and in my detolf. :monster:

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
For a 24 year old model, you touched it up to make it look honestly in great shape. You’d be better at running the Highwind than Cid himself, lol.

With my brother’s new job, he’s been on a collecting spree. First the classic PC, now he found a 1999 Square Enix press kit with some cool stuff.
91A6346C-4668-4A40-811F-48C470D89B4B.jpeg
The discs are full of neat promotional material, which made it possible to finally track down this Sephiroth render. I think Odysseus mentioned it being relatively hard to find, being exclusive to Erhgeiz promo media?
4D7D235F-9F8D-4B5B-BB9E-71FAE45D52CF.png
We’re going to upload the contents to archive.org, scanning the physical items.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
And after seeing that unique model faded in the backdrop for so long, it was gratifying to see the Sephiroth render in full color.
There's a lot of interesting stuff in the press kit I encourage everyone to check out! In addition to those renders, they have press releases and even high resolution as hell staff photos. I don't know why you'd need a high resolution picture of Nomura in the 90s, but it's here if you need it.

The files are uploaded here.

Lex

Administrator
Ah Lex, I should have l labeled it better! It’s in my previous pose at the bottom - feel free to check it out. There’s a lot of interesting stuff, so I’d be curious what stands out to you.

I might be blind but I can't see it - can someone quote the link? Am I looking in the wrong place XD

EDIT: omg my adblocker has been taking some liberties, never mind I see it now :/

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Ah Lex, I should have l labeled it better! It’s in my previous pose at the bottom - feel free to check it out. There’s a lot of interesting stuff, so I’d be curious what stands out to you.

This is awesome, thanks so much for sharing this!

Which file has the 3D render of Sephiroth from Ehrgeiz? There's so many, and while I found the HQ tiff images of Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth, I couldn't find the 3D one of Sephy. :monster:

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
I'm pretty proud of my Final Fantasy media collection.
Don't really buy figures.

kHBWHyk.jpeg

ZmdL96v.jpeg

W0HHR63.jpeg

bHq1n9T.jpeg

aY4Mvfx.jpeg

mHkkWXx.jpeg

uGxMc0Q.jpeg

lUvM4z4.jpeg

Avinacode101

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Y’all’s I’m so jealous of y’all’s collections. I’ve got quite the collection myself, but I don’t have a lot of the original promotional items

Did anyone else catch this announcement? I don’t even have to think about buying this, it’s an instant buy as far as I’m concerned.
View attachment 11413
Edit: Some pretty mindblowing detail shots:
View attachment 11414

I am definitely planning on buying this as soon as it comes out, I just pray that I am quick enough to do so.

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
Did anyone else catch this announcement? I don’t even have to think about buying this, it’s an instant buy as far as I’m concerned.
View attachment 11413
Edit: Some pretty mindblowing detail shots:
View attachment 11414

Shes in my top 10 FF MC's, but I don't think I would ever buy something like that, merch isn't my thing. However, I really appreciate the attention to detail on it, it looks cool.

I can't picture how big it is either. ?

My Collection
FF Origins PS1
FF Chronicles PS1 (4 and CT)
FF Anthology PS1 (5 and 6)
FF7 PS1
FF8 PS1
FF9 PS1
FF10 PS2
FF11 PC
FF12 PS2
FF7R PS4
Dirge of Cerberus PS2

Origins and Chronicles are both unopened, I never got around to them. I also got Anthology for FF6 and only played a bit of FF5 before the Playstation gave up the ghost.

And no, never played FF1, FF4, most of FF5 or CT. Probably should get around to them.

I also got Crisis Core at some point, but I eventually played it on an emulator and it has since disappeared. I suspect my brother took and lost it, which is annoying.

Avinacode101

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Finally got around taking the last pic of my Collection. It’s technically only like… 1/2-2/3 of it. The rest of it is games, books, tshirts, more merch that’s not nearly as expensive…

017759CD-DEDF-4C80-A85F-B91735DD3264.jpeg

EF9E78D0-43D0-455D-9C12-62F89A498266.jpeg

3AF487CA-D085-4CF6-96BB-9A6CFA1116CB.jpeg

EF9D3255-7CA3-4815-8161-D7E14AC9D0C1.jpeg

410B540B-7E54-4D42-BA06-7B556F949A35.jpeg

May only attach 5 files hmmmm… sorry for the content spam, will add uh… 1-2 more posts after this lolololol…. I’m just very proud ok ? I’m sorry!

Top Bottom