• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Microsoft buys Activision-Blizzard for $68.7 Billion

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart

This is surprising to me. Why stick with someone so clearly...compromised, I guess? Microsoft could have used this as an opportunity to rebuild Activision and root out its corruption. Bobby Kotick has an uncanny, creepy quality to him that reminds me of a prosperity gospel televangelist, and the revelations that he was basically complicit in their many scandals doesn't help.

On another note, this pretty much ensures the CoD fanbase stays with Xbox, lol. The association was already pretty strong :monster:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
We were talking about this with my husband, and he told me this: "nah, you know, this guy, Bobby Kotick... he used to have no one to report to, and now he will have to report to the Microsoft gaming director. And seeing his personality, he's going to hate it" lol. Paraphrasing but yeah, I think his life is going to suck tremendously, especially since Microsoft is very careful about its image. I don't think he's going to remain there for very long tbh.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, they're probably just being diplomatic because nothing can actually happen yet before giving him his golden parachute when the deal goes through.

Not that it wouldn't be better to say "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it" and not give him a golden parachute, but, y'know.

D

Deleted member 13557

Maximilian dropped a video on the matter, and raises some good points regarding Sony’s eventual retaliation, or if something big is already happening over at Sony which prompted Xbox’s purchase in the first place.

Max and I are both looking forward to having Doom Guy in the next KI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I believe Activision Blizzard sold to Microsoft for two reasons.

1) As a distraction from the ongoing scandal.
2) As a union busting move in light of employee reaction to the aforementioned scandal.

What pisses me off the most about this is the fact the Bobby Kotick is being monetarily rewarded for his string of abuses. This reminds me of how Donald Sterling made $2 billion from former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer after the NBA forced him to sell the Los Angeles Clippers to Ballmer as a result of a caught-on-tape racist comment scandal.

Available for your home in 1995 only on Nintendo Ultra 64!

Last edited:
Top Bottom