• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

ThatGuyMikey Plays Final Fantasy VI

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Well not now. You've mutilated the Esper into a sword. :wacky:

You'll 100% want to get the Esper next time. It teaches you Ultima. And it has the unique ability to morph enemies into items/gear. Which is how you get some the rarest things out there.

You can steal a Ragnarok sword from Kefka and even keep it. Well technically it's not from Kefka, it's Lady, but that's neither here nor there. Just know you can steal shit from the final battle. :monster:

Is there anything really cool you can get with Morph? I know you can get more EXP eggs and I think Genji Gloves.

I usually bet the sword at the Colosseum for Illumina, then take the Cursed Shield over to Jurassic Park for a week. Then everyone walks out ripped and equipped with Ultima and an Economizer. (Not everyone has as much time to kill as I used to, though.)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You can get Ribbons, Tintinnabulums, and Miracle Shoes with Ragnarok. And if you're emulating and using save states, you can easily manipulate the game to keep Morphing until you get the item you want :monster:

There's really no reason not to take the Esper since FFVI Advance did the right thing and let you save after beating the game, meaning the Ragnarok you steal from Lady stays in your inventory post-game. You no longer lock yourself out of all Espers and a less... tedious way of learning the Ultima spell.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
then take the Cursed Shield over to Jurassic Park for a week.

ROFL couldn’t have said that better myself.

I played the FFIII ROM back in 2006, which had a built in framerate setting (similar to the “2x/4x speed” options on the remasters). Even then, the hours I’ve lost fighting dinos ??

Edit: @Makoeyes987 Is it possible to get Ultima without the esper? I’m not sure which one I picked back then but I know I had Ultima.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I usually bet the sword at the Colosseum for Illumina, then take the Cursed Shield over to Jurassic Park for a week.

ROFL couldn’t have said that better myself.

I played the FFIII ROM back in 2006, which had a built in framerate setting (similar to the “2x/4x speed” options on the remasters). Even then, the hours I’ve lost fighting dinos ??

Edit: @Makoeyes987 Is it possible to get Ultima without the esper? I’m not sure which one I picked back then but I know I had Ultima.

I didn't even catch this on first read.

Surely you two weren't such mad lads that you chose to uncurse the Cursed Shield in the Dinosaur Forest on the Veldt, right?? Like, holy crap that's hell. Those Brachiosaurus and Tyrannosaurus enemies are some of the most lethal and dangerous random encounter enemies in the game.

Like, Solitary Island is inhabited with nothing but sickly Peepers who literally just die before they can even deal you 1 to 0 damage. You don't even have to fight. You just stand there. :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I didn't even catch this on first read.

Surely you two weren't such mad lads that you chose to uncurse the Cursed Shield in the Dinosaur Forest on the Veldt, right?? Like, holy crap that's hell. Those Brachiosaurus and Tyrannosaurus enemies are some of the most lethal and dangerous random encounter enemies in the game.

Like, Solitary Island is inhabited with nothing but sickly Peepers who literally just die before they can even deal you 1 to 0 damage. You don't even have to fight. You just stand there. :monster:

Where's the fun in that? :monster:

So, context: if you get the Cursed Shield and fight enough battles with it (over 200 iirc) it is purged of its curse - good news for you! Meanwhile, the dinos north of the Veldt are tough but they give you the most EXP of the world map monsters. So if you grind out the cursed shield on dinosaurs, you can level boost your entire character roster considerably. I also use the opportunity to teach everyone spells. :wacky:

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
Cactaurs are better.

Sure Slagworms appear all the time, but here's my trick:

They have almost no ID protection. I cast Doom. Shoat teaches it.

And killing a Cactaur is as easy as having Edgar or Sabin in the party. Drill or Pummel will do the job quick enough.*

Cactaurs give you 10 Magic Point(s), and Slagworms 5. Cactaurs and Slagworms also both give 10000 GP. Better be ready with those Doom spells, though, that's all I'm saying. Slagworms are quite tough otherwise.

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
Let's be honest and blunt™.

The game kind of armtwists you into leaving Shadow. We all left Shadow the first time, and anyone who didn't is a liar or used a walkthru. I did, on my first playthru, and the timer was right at 5 seconds, so if I'd picked Wait, then I'd have gotten Shadow.

But the box only says, and I quote:

"The airship's below!
>Jump!
>Wait!"

The game in no way informs you that Shadow is COMING, and after you make the choice, your only other indicator would be to step back onto the same tile and bring the box up again, whereupon its text changes to...

">Jump!
>Gotta wait for Shadow..."

I say again, anyone who found this by accident has my kudos; I would not have thought of doing that when I was 14.

I did, for whatever reason I had 2 mins left on the clock and thought, this cant be right, so I selected wait and ran around for a bit.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
@ThatGuyMikey I've been playing various games in the final fantasy series since 1997, before you were born.

... And you officially have more experience with the series than I do.

tenor.gif

D

Deleted member 13557

I never said I beat this. I beat it! I’ve came back to this game a couple of times and yeah, it’s pretty much become a joint favourite along with FF7. I genuinely can’t pick a favourite between the two.

Also beat X. Thought it was great but it’s probably my least favourite of the main series so far.

D

Deleted member 13557

I’ve done this for the other games, so if anyone cares here’s my 10 favourite tracks in FF VI

1: Dancing Mad
2: Terra’s Theme
3: Aria Di Mezzo Carattere
4: Celes’s Theme
5: Relm’s Theme
6: Cyan’s Theme
7: Forever Rachel
8: The Veldt
9: Mgitek Research Facility
10: The Decisive Battle

Pretty safe to say this game gets character themes right lol.

Top Bottom