FFVII REMAKE Official MODS Thread

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
@ForceStealer

Skybox Fix Switcher

jeff-goldblum-crazy-son-of-a-bitch.gif

Right now, you have to manually switch skyboxes using a keyboard shortcut when you enter Sector 6. I hope that one day, we'll be able to place trigger boxes into the game world and have it be automated.

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Never smashed that like button so hard in my life.

Shame about chapters 13 and 14, but I appreciate their solution for when the party revisits the Sector 7 slums. Beyond the missing debris on the main pillar, all skyboxes post-platefall are also missing the outer "crust" that extends beyond the Sector 7 plate. This crust is not shown to have fallen during the platefall FMV. Better to show with images:

crust.JPG

no-crust.JPG

Hiding the skybox entirely is certainly one way to alleviate these issues. I need to see it in motion, but from their one screenshot I'd say it even enhances the destruction. It's believable to me that the collapse would kick up so much dust and smoke that even the surrounding lights are blocked out.

However, as they stated on their mod page, there's really no way to fix the skybox for when you're in Sectors 5 & 6 post-platefall. This is really hard to talk about without screenshots, but I'll give it a shot. Mirroring the Sector 7 skybox pre-platefall works for chapters 8 & 9 because the only distinguishing feature of the plate from the slums is Sector 6. It's easier to manage. However, with Sector 7 gone, things get more complicated and there's no way to modify the existing skyboxes to address the issue.

Beyond a streamlined implementation, this really may be as good as it gets. Still love to see it though. Gosh I want a gaming PC now.

Last edited:

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Hey, I wonder if Zack mods using his actual model existed?
All I saw so far is his hair and costume modded to Cloud.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
Hey, I wonder if Zack mods using his actual model existed?
All I saw so far is his hair and costume modded to Cloud.

The costume is still technically something Cloud wore in the flashbacks. Though it is called "ZackCostume" in the files.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Never smashed that like button so hard in my life.

Shame about chapters 13 and 14, but I appreciate their solution for when the party revisits the Sector 7 slums. Beyond the missing debris on the main pillar, all skyboxes post-platefall are also missing the outer "crust" that extends beyond the Sector 7 plate. This crust is not shown to have fallen during the platefall FMV. Better to show with images:

View attachment 11922

View attachment 11923

Hiding the skybox entirely is certainly one way to alleviate these issues. I need to see it in motion, but from their one screenshot I'd say it even enhances the destruction. It's believable to me that the collapse would kick up so much dust and smoke that even the surrounding lights are blocked out.

However, as they stated on their mod page, there's really no way to fix the skybox for when you're in Sectors 5 & 6 post-platefall. This is really hard to talk about without screenshots, but I'll give it a shot. Mirroring the Sector 7 skybox pre-platefall works for chapters 8 & 9 because the only distinguishing feature of the plate from the slums is Sector 6. It's easier to manage. However, with Sector 7 gone, things get more complicated and there's no way to modify the existing skyboxes to address the issue.

Beyond a streamlined implementation, this really may be as good as it gets. Still love to see it though. Gosh I want a gaming PC now.
It's kind of incredible how inconsistent the remake's skyboxes are regarding the plate fall, let alone the sector 5/6 issue. Lest we forget the ending scene ALSO uses the sector 6 skybox to represent the fallen sector 7 plate, for some reason. Maybe every sector is sector 6 and the plate is a hologram.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
They used Zack's hair and face textures. The textures were put on to Cloud's face with some adjustments to make him look more like Zack.
This I knew, but there was someone on OpenFF7R saying that someone had finally been able to replace Cloud with Zack. I guess the person didn't know and thought that the modders had found a way to completely replace Cloud's model with Zack's. The mod looks so good that even I get confused by looking at it.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
This I knew, but there was someone on OpenFF7R saying that someone had finally been able to replace Cloud with Zack. I guess the person didn't know and thought that the modders had found a way to completely replace Cloud's model with Zack's. The mod looks so good that even I get confused by looking at it.
Oh I see. Yeah they're getting closer with imports so a full Zack model should be possible soon. I can tell that the one in the youtube video is still Cloud's face though.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
So, which Zack model do people use/import in RE and DMC mod video if it wasn't available?
Because I know it's Zack, not Cloud cosplaying Zack-mod like this FF7R.
The two are very different in face, muscle, and height so I have no idea why some people is tricked and think it's actual Zack model.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
So, which Zack model do people use/import in RE and DMC mod video if it wasn't available?
Because I know it's Zack, not Cloud cosplaying Zack-mod like this FF7R.
The two are very different in face, muscle, and height so I have no idea why some people is tricked and think it's actual Zack model.

The model is available but, from my understanding, there have been problems with model swaps for FF7R, so the modder used parts of the Zack model to make the mod. There has been a lot of progress recently though, and the first full mesh import will seemingly be the Tifa cowgirl outfit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom