• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Playstation 5

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
PlayStation boss Jim Ryan sent an email today asking his staff to "respect differences of opinion" on abortion rights.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ation-staff-fume-over-ceo-s-abortion-comments

Some staff at Sony Group Corp. are seething following an email Thursday from the head of PlayStation that urged employees to "respect differences of opinion" on abortion rights before entering into five detailed paragraphs about his two cats' first birthday.

In the email seen by Bloomberg, PlayStation president Jim Ryan didn't take a stance on abortion rights, instead writing that the company and its community are "multi-faceted and diverse, holding many different points of view." He wrote that "we owe it to each other and to PlayStation's millions of users to respect differences of opinion among everyone in our internal and external communities. Respect does not equal agreement. But it is fundamental to who we are as a company and as a valued global brand."

In internal discussions viewed by Bloomberg, which hasn't been previously reported, employees at several PlayStation studios expressed their displeasure at the tone of the email. Some women wrote that they felt their rights were disrespected or trivialized by the message. One employee said they'd "never been so mad about a cat birthday before."

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

this is someone playing the malaysian service which seems to be out earlier than other regions, but doesn't include streaming so no ps3 games

from what this shows you can redeem purchases of classic titles made on older hardware but it doesn't work in reverse (ps1 titles bought on ps3 store can be downloaded on the ps5, but ones bought on ps5 aren't playable on ps3). that they seem to be bringing the option to individually purchase games back is nice. also i have a bunch of ps1 games that were ps+ monthly games and i want to know if they will be redeemable at no extra cost with this.

one issue here is that the ps5 seems to have the old pal versions of some of these ps1 games. i don't know if maybe that's a language and regional thing being the malaysian store (some of them were the japanese versions on ps3 but english on ps5), but that's not great. i grew up playing the pal versions and all but i remember playing the ntsc-j version of ff10 on ps2 and being kinda floored by the difference in movement speed on the field screens compared with the uk version. i haven't gone back to any ps1 games but i don't think i want to. unless they were never released in english in the us, i don't know why you wouldn't go for those versions over pal.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Don't pay for this service LMAO

Like, fuck this. I'm tired of this bullshit. So glad I'm not paying to play old fucking games I already paid for. Sony fucked up & now doubles down greedily.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
ROTFLMFAO.

Yeah. No one's paying that back. This is DOA. No one is going to pay back a fucking discount in the range of hundreds of dollars up front, to just use a shitty streaming service.

Sony deserves to see this shit fail. Incredibly braindead.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Timed Game Trials (the exclusive feature of the Premium tier PS+) will have different lengths depending on the games.

For example:
  • Horizon: Forbidden West and Cyberpunk 2077 have a 5 hours trial period.
  • Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves collection and WWE 2K22 have a 2 hours trial period.
What are Game Trial? You can download the full game at no cost and play for a limit time, after that period you have to pay to continue playing.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i'm interested in the archive of past games more than the streaming thing (i kept putting off checking out that one week trial of ps now to see how it worked too lol), doubly so if you cannot access dlc. and paying back discounts is dumb as hell. hearing this i'd honestly rather it be separate services to you choose from, even if you split the ps1/ps2/psp catalogue and ps3 streaming one into different options. even if you had to have a base ps+ subscription to get them, like how you can subscribe to amazon prime video then add on other channels like shudder on top.

it still sounds slightly better than nintendo's switch online expansion thing, at least if they're letting you redeem past purchases.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
In a new conference, TCL Technology have said that a new Xbox Series S/X and PS5 Pro are coming in 2023/2024

FTnYbycWQAAbp6I
FTnYcRTX0AAlIEN

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sony got btfo on social media and are course correcting since their attempt at clawing back money from consumers failed miserably. Fuck them.

Top Bottom