Final Fantasy IX

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Memories of life working on Final Fantasy IX. Ft Kazuhiko Aoki (game designer)

Development tidbits:
  • At one point in the story, the party splits up to take on four shrines. Initially they planned to make the player use each group of characters to fight, but due to the CD-ROM data limit they ended up only including the Zidane and Quina battle.

Would've sucked if people pulled a Kimahri and didn't bother with certain party members.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
So I have a question, does anyone think FFIX is going to get a remake as pretty much every single thing that was in the nividia leak has been announced?

Reactions: Wol

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I have no clue. I hope it does though. 9 is my all time favorite game. Maybe even split into 4 parts. Each part could symbolize the split of the crystals into different cities that held each piece

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
So I have a question, does anyone think FFIX is going to get a remake as pretty much every single thing that was in the nividia leak has been announced?
Yes. Wasn't there a rumor about a FFIX's Netflix production as well?

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I'd love a remake of IX more than anything else!

@Wol something along the lines of being a kids anime wasn't it?

Reactions: Wol

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I'd be quite happy if it was made in the NT style of graphics, I think both Kuja and Zidane came up looking really well in that style.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Theres a lot of rumours that a remake is gonna happen because of that nividia leak.

So far everything SE has released that was in that leak had happened so its starting to look more and more possible!

I don't know how I'd cope with a remake of FFIX I think my life would be complete.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Unlike VII, a IX remake is something I wouldn’t be biting my nails about. In a good way!

With the Moguri Mod, IX plays like it was a retro-indie game made yesterday. The translstion, music quality, and aesthetics are still great, and the QoL improvements of the remaster curtail the worst of its ageliness. I can say none of those things for the original VII. imo 9R would have way less to shoulder. Being a grumpy old grognard and saying “Buy the original” wouldn’t come with any apologies. So, time-ghost away (plz don’t time-ghost away).

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
The animated show is afaik a sure thing at this point, and is probably what these remake rumours are pointing to. The animated show rumours are that it is telling FF9’s story, so also making a video game remake seems strange…

Hard to say at this point. Anything FF9-verse is an instant buy for me, more so than 7 ever was.

Reactions: LNK

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
To clarify: The remake is from the Nvidia Geforce Now (cloud gaming service) database leak which so far all the major games from it have been announced and/or released so the FFIX Remake is like almost inevitably gonna be real.
This is unrelated to the animated show, which is getting shown off for the first time in the next few days at Licensing Expo.

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Top Bottom