The General Turks Worship Thread

Bobbie

aka AlysanneLake
It's been so long since I waded these waters that I forgot that I'd actually posted to this thread a few times in 2012. Very disorienting. Just spent the last two days going through all 70 pages. I miss this!

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Most of the OGs are gone sadly. I cannot believe that I’ve been posting in this thread for 9 years albeit sporadically. This place was poppin back in the day. They may still be on Tumblr, which I haven’t used in years.

Also, there is a remake Turks thread from back when spoiler threads were separate from the rest of the forums. Unfortunately that thread is also dead. :monster:

Bobbie

aka AlysanneLake
Oh. Well, I will randomly shout into the void. For the sake of those irl who are tired of hearing me go on about this shit. Random: Rod is quickly becoming my fave BC Turk. There. Thread still alive. I’m all about resuscitation.

Bobbie

aka AlysanneLake
Burning questions:
Reno: scars or tattoos?
Tseng: bindi, tilak, birthmark, scar, or ornament?
Rude: why does he always wear shades?

Headcanon time. Let's have fun.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Burning questions:
Reno: scars or tattoos?
Tseng: bindi, tilak, birthmark, scar, or ornament?
Rude: why does he always wear shades?

Headcanon time. Let's have fun.

Reno: Tattoos. They are too uniform. I can also see Reno being into tattoos for sure.

Tseng: I’m leaning toward a birthmark or scar. Tseng does not appear to be attached to any kind of heritage outside of the mainstream Shinra hegemony, and forehead ornaments do not appear to be popular in the mainstream culture. Also, I look at him as being of Wutainese descent, and look at Wutai as being something of an analog to Japan, which wouldn’t have Hindu inspired ornaments.

Rude: I bet he’s wearing them to hide his eyes because he knows he has a sensitive side, and feels self conscious about it deep down.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I used to go back and forth a lot on the scars v tattoos debate. I once read a fanfic that just went with them being scars that he got tattooed over haha. I think I read that originally they were meant to just be the marks from wearing his goggles, which they obviously went back on based on his later designs.

These days I think tattoos definitely make the most sense.

It could be interesting for Tseng to be a part of some v minor/obscure religion in the FFVII world which is why we never see anyone else with one, but I don't know that it fits with his character much. Maybe it's just a mole :mon:

Rude def wears the sunglasses to look scarier than he is!

Bobbie

aka AlysanneLake
I used to go back and forth a lot on the scars v tattoos debate. I once read a fanfic that just went with them being scars that he got tattooed over haha. I think I read that originally they were meant to just be the marks from wearing his goggles, which they obviously went back on based on his later designs.

These days I think tattoos definitely make the most sense.
I waffle between scars and tats, too. It’s their shape, their location, with his goggles. I can’t help but think of some kind of self-inflicted accident, but then again, you’d think it would wrap around the entire orbit. ?‍♀️

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
The blue was also unique. How many times do you see secret agent/assassin types with blue instead of black suits?

Ashen

Pro Adventurer
Oh, I didn't know such a thread existed! ❤

About the uniforms colour, I guess I'm the only one that prefers black? Blue feels too much like a school uniform to me.

As for Tseng's mark, I once read there's also certain martial arts disciplines that use that, as they mix meditation and stuff. But it was long ago and I don't know if the article was reliable. I could try to find it.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Haha I used to headcanon that it was originally blue but they changed it after meteorfall. Then I realised they retconned them into black for BC and CC... I used to briefly toy with the idea that Tseng changed the uniforms to blue once he took over after the end of BC, but that it only lasted until meteorfall... but I guess Remake put paid to that one!

Bobbie

aka AlysanneLake
Oh, I didn't know such a thread existed! ❤

About the uniforms colour, I guess I'm the only one that prefers black? Blue feels too much like a school uniform to me.

As for Tseng's mark, I once read there's also certain martial arts disciplines that use that, as they mix meditation and stuff. But it was long ago and I don't know if the article was reliable. I could try to find it.
ooh, if you do find it, share!

Bobbie

aka AlysanneLake
I think the Turks are all polyglots. Gotta be lots of languages on the planet. Although, some may just do it to toss crude insults in different languages.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Among the many other ways Dirge oddly skews toward the original game design wise, it's the only other one to feature a blue Turk suit, rather than black. That's only shown on Vincent though.

Top Bottom