Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I got my Edge LD on a 10 ticket pull! Thank you!!!

Also pleasently surprised to see Garnet's BT/LD make an appearance again highly recommend people pull for her, no one tops her for support until Lunafreya.

Reactions: Ite

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Those animations are pretty cool!

So the things I've been hearing, she's good but not amazing although has some really nice turn manipulation but theres a fair few characters with turn manipulation shennanigans so is a safe enough skip unless you're erm...a fan.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Here we go next live stream! I have a lot to say. This was a longer stream but for good reason!

Loving these new QOL improvements! Finally don't have to go back and forth for screens!

Increased enhancement points and illusion points and the level changes knew it was coming but still delightful! Its also a very welcome change for new players to get them through content faster.

There's some really nice things in there for new players, there's probably going to be a slight influx after FFRK ending so its lovely they get things too to help them out!

Also here comes my boy!!!!! I'm so ready for Kain!!! He's also in JP still a top tier character he has incredible longevity and I highly recommend pull as a dps in general. His costume is a buy for me, this is one that broke my not going to spend on costumes thoughts, I generally just buy the premium moogle pass, but yeah this one is the start of a few costumes I want. Pulling plan is pull for FR wait and see if I need to pity it and then exchange my BT tokens after incase it drops on the way.

Ready for the FR era to come at me as well!!! I've been waiting for this era and Kain since they announced he was getting a BT on JP its stupid how long I've been counting down for this.

Something to point out Kain's FR compared to the next ones to come is not great! You want him for his BT+ more than anything else and the amount of time you can keep him in the air, I'm still going for it because its FFIV and Kain but one to bear in mind. FR Maxing is very expensive but its because of what they do hence the high number of power stones needed. However that QOL exchange for the dissidia points is so good to help fet them faster.

GOODBYE LUFENIA ORBS AND LUFENIA+ YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED!

The increase in enhance points is to help with FR enhancements to max out characters etc for anyone curious as they need 15000 points for those alone.

Summer freebies woohoo! I Love it!

New chapter!! Braska also incoming that's a good one to watch!

IW are some of my favourite content! I Really do like them, will possibly skip Krile FR in favour of others to come however.

Getting ready to Green Cecil as well! I'm thinking some Cecil and Kain duos for the time being might be a thing for me, add in some Garnet for good measure and some stupid shennanigans will be happening.

Kam'lanaut coming is busted, he came with a bug in JP that was never fixed I think they just decided to leave it as it is, I don't know too much about how it works as such but I do know hes busted in a ridiculous way when it comes to Launch damage and some other stuff.

I'm looking forward to Desch IW and his rework its been a long time since i've used him in some serious content, the poor man's been sitting on the bench for a stupid amount of time and I like his kit a lot, so he's one I'm very happy to see get love again.

loling at Machina getting a rework when the dude is still stupid good and he also gets ANOTHER rework further down the lines when he gets his FR.

Kinda glad I'm busy with work over the next few days because the server will be overloaded on 29th! And it means I'm not going to be logging on at 2am to pull for him.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I knew I tasted salt in the air, as if relaxing on the beach.

Now I know why. :monster:

Neon's awesome tho. I'm glad she's getting some love.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Oh that is awesome! Jack was stupid good on his JP release so I wonder what they'll do for Neon.

So I got the FR for Kain in 35K gems so that was really great! Tokened the BT but thats about it. I've been flat out at work today so haven't quite had the chance to play but on the way home now, so I'll probably edit this post later to include my Kain shennanigans.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Aayy Neon!

Much to my surprise I got Kain FR on the free pull. I wanted to save my resources for my ice husband Kam but Mog was also on Kain banner and I wanted Mog LD so I got carried away, ended up with multiple Prompto LDs and another Kain FR before Mog LD dropped, still don't have Kain LD or Burst yet. At least I didn't have Prompto LD before even if I did end up with multiple copies of it.

Managed to beat the Lufenia+ Behemoth with Garnet, Yshtola, Arciela. Full support teams just nuts sometimes especially with the OP support like Garnet and Yshtola also busting out some quite high numbers now.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Congratulations!

Garnet is without a doubt the best unit we've ever had shes an amazing support but she absolutely can dish out the damage as well and she can make any characters useful! You should find a fair few Lufenia+ straight forward with her. Also Kain is known for having the worst FR so he is kinds skippable for FR however his BT+ and LD are what makes him have the longevity.

So I've done my Kain maxing, bought the costume, fully enhanced etc and been getting to know a bit more about how the FR gauge works using other Lufenias as a trial run. First of all Kain is nutty even without FR hes an amazing damage dealer and he stays in the air for a ridiculous amount of time.

Lufenia battles start your FR guage at around 50% and you need to fill it to 100% using characters with force enhancements to increase it faster so your FR weapon user can use their ability to hit the HP damage bonus.

Right now Penelo is MVP for increasing the gauge as a buffer and a caveat for her S1 and S2 not being damage dealing abilities. I haven't tried Shinryu stage yet but I hear shes MVP for this one because of her Hp regen and how quickly she can increase the FR gauge. I sid however try her on a couple of Lufenia stages with Kain to see how she works shes great right now but she'll fall off quickly in favour of others.

The enemies FR Gauge acts in a way like a lufenia Orb if it hits the 100% mark it essentially does an unavoidable KO. Your FR character when they're charged and and using their FR essentially pauses the enemy gauge so you're sorta racing them gauge wise so you cancel theirs.

Now in terms of the damage, well at one point I managed a 300% hp bonus, burst with Kain and ended up with a 22 mil burst phase so thats the kind of damage we're talking about which will only increase as characters with better FR stipulations come along like Kam.

I feel I might need a couple of attempts to get the hang of Shinryu difficult and also to work out the best times to use the FR abilities before I can confidently work it out.

Onto the new chapter now though and then I'm gonna attempt a few outstanding Lufenia+ battles I have.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Ok I beat Shinryu on the first go which I thought was awesome because I've never done on that on a new difficultly but heres a few things I did because it was really tight I nearly didn't make the HP requirement.

I used WOL and I greened him and blue armoured him, his rework is so good I'd say you could do Shinryu without FR enhance or Kain but turn count is tight Wol is excellent for damage mitigation.

I also used Penelo first I had Penelo equipped with her HA my 5/5 dagger UW and she is genuinely a lifesaver for the HP requirement when the enemy hits 100%.

Both force charge gauges start at 0, the enemy charges quicker than you unless you're buffing with Penelo she can charge it quickly but can burn through her turns if you're not careful. You only get two uses of the FR ability so need to figure out the best time to use them.

I Started battle with Kain AA into BT finisher and had Wol and Penelo use their skills to charge the gauge I then had Kain use his LD, his BT effect doesn't decrease when hes in the air so he stayed in the air for a bit while I charged the force gauge to 100% at that point when Kain jumped back down, the enemies were at 80% and had a 45% charge. I decided to pop the first FR at this point then had Kain Ld again as I didnt want to go straight into damaging as you get 10 FR turns so built the guage up a little bit more then popped Kains Burst at this point there were 5 turns on the FR guage it does decrease in Burst Mode so it ran out towards the end but still managed a good 28Mil BT phase and one enemy in red hp.

At that point my gauge went down to 20% and the enemies went up as well as the HP poison condition i waited until it was about 90% of the way there and then popped WOLs BT finisher, at this point there to mitigate the mass attack coming and at that point there was about 7K hp poison happening, so thats when Penelo and WoL were life savers because of their HP recovery on ex abilities and also HP regen from penelo. Considering the requirement is so low for HP. During this I charged my gauge back to 100% which once Kain came back on the ground I popped my second FR to pause the gauge and then sent Kain back up.in the air and did some big damage again, boss was near dead by the time he got back down but almost missed HP requirement because I couldn't recover fast enough I resorted to a brave attack from Kain to move to WoL so he could pop his EX and recover HP and it got rid of the boss.

Thats a brief look at it but all in all its challenging, requires careful use of skills and best times to use the FR but its fun and didn't feel like a chore like Lufenia was.

Oh and lufenia was stupid easy.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
This is the new norm now every new character starting from Neon gets a BT on their release!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
It’s a bit disheartening when games rush you through to endgame content. Makes me feel like I’ve been wasting my time, y’know? I’m not as proud of my roster.

Redfang

Rookie Adventurer
Yeah, I feel the same a bit… although the ton of gems that landed in the bank from all my allies at the time getting leveled up mollified me a bit. :lol:

I’m just waiting for them to add Angeal… maybe since Crisis Core is getting its remake he’ll turn up sooner rather than later.

Oh, and I have had zero luck getting Kain’s BT… sigh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ite

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Honestly, don't feel rushed to beat endgame content! I don't feel like I'm missing out on stuff when I can't complete endgame content, there's quite a few endgame content I haven't touched. I haven't touched any of the hardest Dimensions end content except the first tier and I still have a full tier of Abyss Lufenia content to complete, while I did miss out on some timelimted rewards it doesn't bother me as much as having fun.

I Greened my favourite Paladin this morning. I hear Kam is broken, but I genuinely don't know if despite the hype I'm gonna pull for him because he's not a favourite and I believe he requires a specific set up. I might borrow a friend Kam for the moment and see if it is worth a pull for something supposedly meta at this stage or hold fire because Tifa, Rinoa Minwu and FuSoYa are in the future for me as I'm not a particular fan of the character.

Redfang

Rookie Adventurer
I’m sorry to have missed Cecil’s BT. Unfortunately, I had to go to my day job so I didn’t get to devote as much time to it as I would have liked.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
You can always pity it with BT tokens if needbe. He hasn't come back on a banner yet in JP but his DK version gets his BT and FR in a few months which I'm hyped for.

Ursula gets her FR tomorrow which I'm quite excited for I think I'm gonna go with gems for her!

Luck sacked Kam BT and FR so decided to see what the fuss was about...people weren't lying about with him set up correctly the absolutely stupid damage your teams can do while that force is in play.

The new global exclusive event we got is highly interesting but I'm waiting until more of them are unlocked before I start going down the route of playing as we have a month to do the event and I want a few more FR options.

I totally forgot we still had divine Odin so was really glad to have extra tickets and gems coming out way.

So verdict so far in Shinryu, its kinda fun but the bosses are massive damage sponges and the immediate change in HP of bosses really threw me off. The mechanics aren't so different from Lufenia+ in the sense that if the boss gets a forcetime in there you're in trouble. But I like strategising and figuring out when the best time to release my own FR is.

Maxing an FR is also a serious depletion of power stones in a way I never thought possible so had to be careful about resourcing in relation to them I hope we do get some additional access in the future to them as you really do need to max out the FR to get the turn benefit.

Top Bottom