• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Korra (SPOILERS)

Lex

Administrator
I’m torn between wanting to read these books ASAP, or to wait until they are done making books so I can read them in chronological order ? Going from one lifetime to the next, to the next, concluding with the shows, would be so epic.

Don't deprive yourself of the Kyoshi novels for that length of time. They're really good.

Reactions: Ite

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Preview of Korra short story Beach Wars that will release on this year Free Comic Book Day.

FQ2DAtoUYAQPhUL

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Looking forward to seeing her voice the Avatar's love interest in the next series then.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Recently Paramount and Nickelodeon confirmed that 3 Avatar movies are in development.

Sources now have more details on said 3 movies:

Movie 1 (2024): Kyoshi era story.
Movie 2 (2025): Zuko centric story.
Movie 3 (2026): Korra era story.

Dates are tentative.

Comic Con Meta*Pod interview with Bryke revealed that upcoming slate of animated movies and shows currently don’t include any direct adaptations/remakes of existing expanded universe media like novels or comics.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-comic-con-metapod-96144484/

Here’s the full quote (at 1:28:45 in the podcast linked above):

Mike: “I think the thing we’re not doing now– not saying this couldn’t happen some day– is, like, we’re not adapting the graphic novels into a [movie or] TV show, we’re not adapting the YA novels into a movie or TV show. Again, that could happen in the future.”

Bryan: “But we are feeding off of them.”

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
CBR interview F. C Yee (author) about The Dawn of Yangchen novel.

Some interesting tidbits:
  • The second Yangchen book was mentioned. One of the action locations would be the town of Taku, shown in the "Blue Spirit" episode, where the herbalist and her cat lived.
  • Yangchen will be the fully realized Avatar in this story, unlike Kyoshi, Aang and Korra in their stories. She is also a dedicated pacifist at the time of the book's action.
  • Working on this book is different from how he wrote The Rise and The Shadow of Kyoshi , as he now uses not only both series and comics as source material, but also Kyoshi books.
  • He is not involved in the Avatar Studios projects.

Reactions: Ite

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Recently Paramount and Nickelodeon confirmed that 3 Avatar movies are in development.

Sources now have more details on said 3 movies:

Movie 1 (2024): Kyoshi era story.
Movie 2 (2025): Zuko centric story.
Movie 3 (2026): Korra era story.

Dates are tentative.

RUMOR: An original animated series following the next earth Avatar in the cycle after Aang and Korra is coming in 2025 from Paramount and Avatar Studios.
More updates from sources: Avatar Studios’ slate will consist of a new animated movie AND show debuting every year starting in 2025.

First: the big picture. Starting in 2025, Avatar Studios will release an animated movie to theaters AND an animated show on Paramount+ every year.

The current animated slate is concretely planned to cover the first three years (2025-2027) but there are more projects than slots in development so it will likely continue beyond that as well if the franchise is as successful as we all obviously hope it is, which we’ll get to.

Here’s an idea of what I’m talking about:

• Animated movie: adult Gaang - 10.10.2025
  • Animated show: next earth Avatar

• Animated movie
  • Animated show

• Animated movie
  • Animated show
This is the exact information I have right now from Paramount, what I don’t know is whether the shows will be cumulative, i.e. whether 2026 will have Season 2 of the earth Avatar show AND Season 1 of the 2026 show. I do know that the 2025 show and 2026 show are two different things, so either the 2025 earth Avatar show will be a one-year limited series, or 2026 will have both and 2027 will potentially have all three. (I will say the 2026 show is NOT a mainline entry in the franchise. Bryke said they were exploring different mediums, styles, audiences, and this one is more of a side thing, so I’m personally guessing the earth Avatar show will continue, but that’s just my guess. I haven’t been given permission to share any of the 2026 or 2027 shows/movies yet.)

In other more specific updates from sources:

1) The Zuko-centric movie still exists and is separate from the Gaang movie currently in development.
2) The Kyoshi-centric movie still exist but is undated.

Top Bottom