• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

frosty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Snowman
Am I missing something as to what significance Doki Doki has? I see it in Clerith Twitter accounts and from what I understand it's basically the "lub dub lub dub" of the pulse lol.

Cloud's face to me is a pretty neutral expression
in all of them

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
Am I missing something as to what significance Doki Doki has? I see it in Clerith Twitter accounts and from what I understand it's basically the "lub dub lub dub" of the pulse lol.

Cloud's face to me is a pretty neutral expression
in all of them

Well, basically in regards to Tifa, she's so pretty that Cloud's heart goes pitter-patter even if he doesn't show it on his face, lol. Though, tbh, I'm not entirely keen on this whole "doki doki" thing since Clotis and Cleriths were having a war over it a while back when it was in association with Aerith.

(Also, please don't worry. I won't bring up any more ltd nonsense or Aerith here, lol.)

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah it's just a JP thing to say that your heartbeat goes fast, usually in a romantic tone. I mean it's just a fun thing, nothing too serious (compared to what the game gave us anyway).

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I'm not sure about it being usually romantic, even in FF7R. When I played with the JP voices on, I could definitely hear Barret screaming, "Dokidoki!" during battles and I don't think it meant he was falling in love with the enemies he was shooting to bits :P

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Not according to Twitter apparently lol

Twitter is having fun with it but I don't think they're taking that so seriously. XD

I'm not sure about it being usually romantic, even in FF7R. When I played with the JP voices on, I could definitely hear Barret screaming, "Dokidoki!" during battles and I don't think it meant he was falling in love with the enemies he was shooting to bits :P

Ooh boy LOL XD But it's definitely used in shoujos in that way xD I knew doki doki from there lol, so it's definitely a possibility XD especially when the others assets called doki doki are matching Tifa's doki doki and Jessie for her talk (not matching there tho just one asset).

But yeah doki doki does not always infer a romance going on, obviously. It's not even synonym of falling in love, it's just really your heartbeat that goes faster XD Hence why I noticed "hey, isn't it the carriage scene where Cloud pouts like this?" XD

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
Twitter is having fun with it but I don't think they're taking that so seriously. XD

Ooh boy LOL XD But it's definitely used in shoujos in that way xD I knew doki doki from there lol, so it's definitely a possibility XD especially when the others assets called doki doki are matching Tifa's doki doki and Jessie for her talk (not matching there tho just one asset).

But yeah doki doki does not always infer a romance going on, obviously. It's not even synonym of falling in love, it's just really your heartbeat that goes faster XD Hence why I noticed "hey, isn't it the carriage scene where Cloud pouts like this?" XD

Yeah, isn't it basically kind of just a light-hearted joke thing? Like (irt Barret), this huge dude with a gun for an arm going "doki doki" in the middle of battle is supposed to be funny but irt Cloud going "doki doki" at Tifa in the carriage it's like, "Oh, she's so PRETTY"? (Or "Oh no, she's LEAVING." lol)

But in the end it's dependent on context because it's just onomatopoeia for heartbeat?

But in the context of shoujo, doki doki is often the start of romance. Like, the girl's heart goes pitter-patter and she's all "What is this arrhythmia I'm having?", lol.

frosty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Snowman
I waded deeper into Twitter to get a better understanding of this Doki Doki asset file and all I can say is eek! re. both sides claiming it in their user handles :huh:

But I guess it's is quite cute the expressions files for Cloud are specifically named for Tifa.

Random video I found in my Doki Doki research - of this dude's reaction towards the hug scene. The boiling kettle sound he makes at 0.23 sends me lol

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I waded deeper into Twitter to get a better understanding of this Doki Doki asset file and all I can say is eek! re. both sides claiming it in their user handles :huh:

It's a bit messy, but it looks like one side is using the dokidoki label seriously while the other side is using it to make fun of them for taking it seriously...?

Random video I found in my Doki Doki research - of this dude's reaction towards the hug scene. The boiling kettle sound he makes at 0.23 sends me lol

Rofl. This is one of the funniest reactions I've seen for the hug.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
It's a bit messy, but it looks like one side is using the dokidoki label seriously while the other side is using it to make fun of them for taking it seriously...?
Ultimania describes Cloud’s heart beating during the Evergreen Park date with Aerith so “doki doki” became a calling card of sorts…so naturally, a revelation like what’s been found in the game files would invite some totally normal well-adjusted not-at-all-rabid responses from the community

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
Hi guys! I'm a new here in the forum but I have been a Cloti since 97 OG lols

twitter is becoming a bit stressful but I cannot stop my love for cloti. So i'm trying to go to this forum into this Club for my love for Cloti.

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme

But I guess it's is quite cute the expressions files for Cloud are specifically named for Tifa.

CA fans *some people in twitter call them ddc* - first used the doki doki from some ultimania file for claiming Cloud feels "doki- doki" on date scene. Hence that group is using them on profile since then that's why some CT fans against them called them DDC (doki-doki cult).

However recently Sʀᴇʟɪᴀᴛᴀ who has been using FF7 asset file for cloti pictures found that Cloud files with Tifa has codes called Doki-doki and they're only for cloti others has different file names.

btw if none knew doki doki they say means 'heartbeat' or your heart beats faster * like falling in love* as they say ( no so sure but the point is there)

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Hey, all. I am a bit late to the party but for what it is worth, "doki doki" can also mean surprised.

For instance, if someone is hiding around the corner and you walk by and the person jumps out at you. The person who was scared would say "doki doki". Mean it made their heart beat fast. So it doesn't always have a love context to it. So as always, context has a lot to do with the way it is being used.

Doki Doki or doki-doki (Japanese: ドキドキ) is a term for the sound of a beating heart in Japanese sound symbolism.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null

That was beautiful to behold. And bonus vocabulary enrichment!うるせえ

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Showerthought: Tifa isn't called "Lockhart" because she locks away her feelings (this has been debunked by the devs, though I do think Nojima enjoys the idea seeing ToTP), but because she's the one Cloud locked in his heart. /end

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Alright folks, double posting but ehhh... So my copy of ToTP has arrived some time ago and I thought I'd translate how the French version has translated the promise and Tifa and Claudia's chat:

ToTP1.jpgToTP2.jpg

The confession that Cloud made on the water tower's platform turned out amazingly trite. Come Spring, he would leave the village. "Me, I am not like the others." At the end of the day, boys always said the same thing.
Was it thanks to the starry night's magic that, despite this admission, Tifa didn't feel any disappointment? Or because she nurtured feelings for Cloud, who for once was showing a bit of enthusiasm by her side?
The promise that Tifa demanded from him was only an idea amongst others:
"Say... Promise me something. Later, when you'll be really famous, if I ever have big troubles, I'd like you to come and help me."
A simple idea that, at the moment they shared it, became a most precious pact. The night when she learned that the same Cloud that she admired was a boy like the others, Tifa began to love him. In the sense that she now wanted to spend time just with him.
Here there are several little highlights that I love; Cloud says the same thing as the other boys, so she gets it: he's a normal boy after all. And as she formulates the promise, it becomes a "most precious pact" between the two, under a starry night. And how she now wants to spend time just with him, she who made sure to never be alone with the other boys and avoided that kind of time with them.​

ToTP3.jpgToTP4.jpg

She (Tifa) had began to slice finely the vegetables of all colours, when she heard her neighbour complimenting her:
"Oh, but you are ravishing."
Tifa turned her head: Claudia Strife.
"It comes from Margaud. Those were Yasmine's clothes."
"I was thinking that I already saw them somewhere. I wonder how Yasmine's doing."
"And Cloud, he is doing ok?"
She was herself surprised to have asked the question. Her heart beat wildly. Still, the sentence had appeared suddenly as soon as she had recognised Claudia.
"Yes. I think so."
"Is he already in the mountain?"
"Excuse me?"
"I heard that Shinra was sending us SOLDIERs. The network works way better since this morning, so the team is probably already in the mountain, isn't it? Because of this, I thought Cloud would be there too."
Claudia was looking at Tifa, astounded. She finally answered:
"I know nothing about that. Well, you know, even if he came, he wouldn't tell me. Not to surprise me, but simply, it wouldn't even cross his mind, she explained, smiling. I only had one postcard, in which he told me that he officially enlisted."
"It's true?! But then we don't even know if he entered SOLDIER or another unit."
"No... But why are you talking about SOLDIER?"
Tifa finally got the reason of the misunderstanding.
"Because Cloud was saying he wanted to join SOLDIER... Isn't it the case?"
"Well there... he was telling you this kind of thing, to you?"
Claudia cut the vegetables while repeating several times "well there". The two women continued to cook side by side. Tifa felt sometimes that Claudia Strife wanted to talk, but she reconsidered. Maybe she wanted to bring the accident up.

Her chat with Claudia really shows how much Tifa is absolutely in love with Cloud and I think Claudia picks up on that, on top on Cloud having feelings for Tifa. Like, she literally has her heart beating as she asks the question she wanted to ask Claudia so bad since the beginning, trying to play it cool, but once she asked that you can see all her train of thoughts regarding Cloud, her being a little impatient as she tries to guess when he'll show up. She doesn't even realise that Cloud may not make it to SOLDIER, she just trusts him to do it - not until Claudia tells her he said nothing, which is then that she does realise that he could've enlist anywhere.

Also it's funny to me how Tifa thinks Claudia may want to bring up the accident - she's dead wrong, but Claudia didn't want to out Cloud I think, which is why she has the convo we see in game with him where she teases him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom