Remake Merchandise

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I mean, to be fair. There are Roche fans, and I'm sure they'd like a figure of him.

But.

There are fans of Wedge too. And Biggs. And Mayor Domino.

And all those fuckers should've gotten figures before Roche. :awesome:

I'm just blown away at the stupidity of it. This is worst than S-E doing 100 versions of Sora when 11 members of Organization XIII have yet to have figures. Just unreal. LOL wtf.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Moar diddly bits about the jewelry because I think they're cool. Way cooler than the figure of that Roche fellow.

Bangle is retailing for $247.99 smackaroos. You can choose different versions with different 'materia'.

1a12d05d27735459ba134aed44231ca8_640_640.jpg

7ecc78f3c287f272281ca5dfb3daff0c_640_640.jpg

Next up is this heckin cool ring for $227.99 gil. Will have varying styles like the bangle. NGL I kinda want one. I don't usually buy video game jewelry.

407d3352876253ba6b5177e0264fa6f0_640_640.jpg

6115d051379315983d7ef87f4811037b_640_640.jpg

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
Tbh, I am confused about how the S-E NA store is handling the new jewelry. I don't want to order stuff from the Japanese store unless I really have to cause of the shipping prices + if something goes wrong I am super fucked, but the NA store is just funny for these, as I assume their store can't handle more than 1 option per item listing.

For the rings, each gem combo is a separate item listing (wtf), and the product option ("your edition") is for your ring size. And as mentioned before, Japan sizes 7 (us 4ish) and 9 (us 5ish) are unavailable even tho they are on the JP site.

1655437708638.png
1655438370032.png

For the bracelets, there is only one size, so the "your edition" thing is for each gem combo.

1655437949376.png

So tl;dr I'm guessing their store can't handle more than one option per item, hence why there are 9 million ring listings...? :mon:

Additionally, the colors are fixed in these combos. You can't do 2 of 1 color if you want, nor can you pick which color goes in which slot. (This might sound insane because "look dumbass, you can turn it upside down and left and right swap", but the "correct side up" in this case is based on the orientation of the Shinra logo when you look at it.)

The ordering options on the JP site let you pick which stone goes in which slot, including doubling up on colors if you want, and also includes the smaller sizes, so yeah I'm stuck ordering from there. Square-Enix gets my money either way, but really, just "lol, what?" about their NA storefront.

1655438183857.png

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Roche comes with a SOLDIER 3-C helmet that you can use as an alternate head so if it's not too expensive...

I actually might get it just to have a SOLDIER PAK in the Remake style. :monster:

That's the only reason it has any appeal to me. :wacky:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's actually raises a good point.

What would a Crisis Core SOLDIER/Special/etc Edition look like?

What would they bundle with it?

Would this be S-E's way of re-releasing Zack, one of the most sought, expensive and hard-to-find PAKs? Would he have the two-seater bike with Cloud as a companion?

Or would they go and do something wild and make it Genesis or Angeal?

Kain424

Old Man in the Room

Would this be S-E's way of re-releasing Zack, one of the most sought, expensive and hard-to-find PAKs? Would he have the two-seater bike with Cloud as a companion?

Crossing my fingers for a motorcycle with sidecar, featuring mako poisoned Cloud

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith

I will buy any collector's edition version they put out, because Square's got me by the balls like that. :monster:

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
Interested in the alarm clock.
Looks like there's no snooze functionality, nor any way to switch to 12 hour time.
Also don't see anything about battery backup so your alarm will still go off if the power is out.
Kind of ridiculous for that stuff to be missing from a $200 alarm clock.

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
I got some stuff from the FF7 25th Anniversary Cafe:
FYx5tdXUIAAVxON

The silver tin has 8 individually wrapped mako candies. Taste reminds me of something between bubble gum and Garigari-kun (JP soda popsicle):
FYx5t3OVEAIbFXY

Also got the Shinra folding glasses case, a product that I'm pretty exists because I'm a statistic on some S-E merchandising person's spreadsheet:
PXL_20220713_224245062.jpg

PXL_20220713_224231005.jpg

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
I'm posting in this thread, which either means:
1) S-E has announced new Shinra merch proving that I am indeed a statistic to marketing, or
2) Previously announced Shinra merch has arrived at my house

:mon:

We're dealing with (1) today, which is the announcement of a fucking 21k yen Shinra backpack that appears to be a Square-Enix Japan store exclusive LOL

This might actually be too much bullshit for even me lmao. A backpack is something that's more on the practical side of things, but with a 21k yen price tag, the only place that backpack's going is 30mins south to a Distant World's concert at Symphony Hall.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Is that backpack genuine leather? It's apparently big enough to house a laptop and other objects. But that price tag means it better be real genuine leather, otherwise it's a ripoff. :monster:

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, it definitely isn't leather. It's a synthetic, nylon material. Jesus, what a rip off. A 15 inch nylon laptop backpack should be half that price.

Last edited:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I wonder if the creators harbor contention with this company’s shenanigans and the marketing of these games. It’s honestly insulting.

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
EDIT: Upon closer inspection, it definitely isn't leather. It's a synthetic, nylon material. Jesus, what a rip off. A 15 inch nylon laptop backpack should be half that price.
Yeah, like, a branded nylon backpack sounded useful compared to some of the other stuff. Then you realize it's $165 and, lmao??

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
1663178159377.png
"Oh cool, Square Enix is making a Shinra wallet. That's a nice, functional, everyday it--"

1663178182833.png
lol. lmao.

Even with the weak yen, it's still "lol. lmao."-tier:
1663178206889.png

Top Bottom