• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Ahem.

Rick Roll aside... I'm extremely hyped to see the Warrior Of Light and his friends in this. Find it really interesting. This is the first time we've ever seen WoL with teammates from FF1. I spotted a White Mage, a Ninja, and apparently... Another warrior/knight? They're in armor. Not the typical job formation you'd expect in a FF run. :monster:

Bahamut looks awesome. Can't wait to know more about this iteration of him.

Rindo Kanade

Rookie Adventurer
Just because he did storyboards for previous games doesn't mean he has done the same for current games, plus he is not credited for such thing in the credits of the game.
He's never once been credited for storyboards in any video game that he's done them for. He wasn't credited for character design in VI. Or for half of the things that he wrote for VIII.
You can also, literally, tell from the artstyle and handwriting that it's him.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Anyone playing through the update yet? I'm currently deep into FFXIV Stormblood content which I've been enjoying too much to really drag myself away for anything else yet, all I did so far was load the game to check control another character out and found the way it works is Jack wears a skin of one of the two characters you've chosen to do a mission with :faint:

Reactions: Wol

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
"You've got some shine in you."

Ahahahahahahahahah!

Ok, it's terrible dialogue, but it's a good kind of bad, imo. Anyways, with being the working mom who is burning at both ends (lol) I have .01% chance of ever planning this (or any) game, but I will say, in the unlikely event I ever do get some time, I would definitely consider the game. It looks pretty, but it also looks like a lot o' fun.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wow. This DLC was fucking hard. Holy shit lol

I can't emphasize enough how challenging this was. So glad I had some co-op friends to grind with and got lucky asf with job affinities. Goddamn. Bahamut was no joke. Fucker was hardcore.

And then the final boss...

The final boss is the Warrior Of Light himself. And he's no fucking joke. Fucker plays like a Soulsborne boss. He's so goddamn tricky and the second phase hits and has unbreakable poise like a freight train. Fucking wild. He's 100% the hardest boss in the game.

The ending is 100% not what I expected though. Like,
I couldn't believe Jack KILLED and crystalized the Warrior Of Light. That was painful to watch lol.

So basically there were at least 3 cycles. The first time loop of FF1 had the Warriors of Light get beat up upon reaching 2000 years into the past so they lose. Then Jack makes his deal with Bahamut and the warriors of light get their class change. They go back to 2000 years in the past to fight Garland/Chaos again, and Warrior of Light does better but loses again. Then, we have FF1, where the warriors of light succeed forcing Garland to become Chaos.

That's how I interpreted it at least. :monster:

ALSO, is it just me or is Bahamut sorta implied to be
FFXV's Bahamut, somehow killed/defeated after XV's ending OR maybe after Dawn of the Future? The fact he says he was worshipped as a god, tried to save a world from being consumed by a disease of darkness, and he wanted to do anything he could to protect the light... All while having sword wings, an attack called Ultima Sword, Exa Flare, and believing humans need gods to guide them....Sounds eeriely familiar.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So, this DLC really got me back into this game. I've been replaying the whole thing.... On level 400 Bahamut difficulty :monster:

This game really rewards the use of synergistic affinities and command abilities. Like, this game is first and foremost a Job based Final Fantasy, so the name of the game is combining your jobs and abilities to outbust the busted enemies in this difficulty, because they will more often than not OHKO you. So, after doing some research I grinded for the strongest magical based build and now am facerolling the strongest enemies. Previously, my Dark Knight was my strongest build which I used for CHAOS difficulty but it's no longer as effective, particularly against large groups.

Here's my fight with LV 400 Tiamat. This fight was hell but after 3 tries well... You'll see :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, that shit hurt. I don't even get why they needed to do that lol. It's a single player game ffs! Let me faceroll Chaos how I please :wackymonster:

Speaking of Chaos...

This fight at LV 400 is brutal. Like it's redonkulous how much damage Darkness Manifest deals with just his normal hits. Combine that with his sick levels of speed and aggro, and you're getting one-shotted pretty quickly if you drop your guard. Took me like 12 tries before I finally prevailed on my own. But I'm actually quite proud of this fight.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So, the Gilgamesh DLC is quite interesting.

The monsters you meet along the way can end up joining you and being your allies/minions, and even tell you about themselves.

Of particular note, is how the Bomb (named 'Bang' btw) serves Maliris/Neon and tries to find her origin since... Apparently there's no record of a "Neon" having been born or lived in Cornelia at all.

Turns out,
Neon isn't just a Stranger... She's a Lufenian experiment. She was created by adding artificial light into the fetus of a Cornelian woman.... An experimental Stranger meant to be a manufactured Warrior of Light.

Sound familiar? :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Made it to Floor 31 of the Dimensional Labyrinth. :monster:

Need to just max affinity with Ahriman, Behemoth and the Mind Flayer.

Even managed to get Gilgamesh as a summon too. And according to him... The Lufenians aren't done with Cornelia... Jack's former superior officer Nil (the woman we see Jack talking with in his flashbacks) is really salty at Jack. She's taken over the Lufenian Station operations and has now made it her personal quest to stamp out Jack and continue to try to meddle with Cornelia and make Jack pay for his betrayal.

Sounds like a set up for the final DLC story!

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
wow wtf is this crazy game even

It sounds like it's kind of insane, which... I find iiiinteresting...

Hey is this any good?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
After much Pirate Bikke grinding and Dimensional Labyrinth artifact summon-weapon hunting, I finally optimized my Breaker build and was able to take on level 500 Gilgamesh.

Affinities are Dark Knight 845%, Berserker 696%, and Breaker 657%.

Took 7 Shin Zantetsuken strikes to take him down.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Made it to Floor 100 of the Dimensional Labyrinth. Really can't be overstated how much stronger these bosses get the deeper you go inside. Nothing on the main map or optional sub-missions there are close to as difficult as the bosses and enemies on floors 70 and higher in the Labyrinth. It's honestly its own new difficulty tier.

But Breaker is the best "THOG SMASH" build in the game :monster:

And going "ZA WORLDO" combined with Cyclical Warrior at 600% along with the Bahamut Summon Beast blessing on my gear allows me to stat boost up to 20 times everytime I use Dimension Bringer. So it becomes possible to hit the damage cap with each Shin Zantetsuken I land, cleaving through the ridiculously tanky defense of the enemies.

This game has been so fun, especially playing with friends. A real challenge for action and rogue-like game fans. But damn, was it a beast of a challenge.

Top Bottom