• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Crisis Core -FFVII- Reunion General Discussion

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh fuck, that's much clearer. I guess it is a container of some sort.. But you can see its head sorta...peeking through an opening? LMAO wtf?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
What's weird is the fucking box is shaped like Jenova's head, with the headgear and everything. At first glance it fooled me. And it has an opening as if it can see through it. LMAO what the fuck kind of weird change is that?

Jenova has a head in CC, we see it's face in the trailer. LOL So why'd they add that?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
In all likelihood it's a rating thing.

Decapitated alien head? "No, no, no."

Implication of decapitated alien head inside a hitherto unexplained container? "Why we can get you an 'Ages 3 and up' with that!"

If it's not for a rating, it's no weirder a style choice than purple goo blood in the grand scheme of things I guess :monster:

Last edited:

rkss

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Me
There's already GAMER OUTRAGE because they covered Tifa's cleavage, if you're wondering.
Tbh, looks like a lazy effort to me. At least pick something that match the outfit or just redesign it slightly.

Anyway still don't like new VAs. Gonna wait for review.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL this is the Remake and Tifa's outfit all over again...

It has been redesigned and it looks better thanks to the benefit of simply not being PSP era graphics. People sweating over a 15 year old's cleavage level need to touch grass and get help.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I don't really care about her sports bra, but I think her new top is UGLY and even shorter than the original one; also I feel her new clothes lack textures, it's really really LAZY. I'm mad about that and the colour of her eyes too. FFS SE, keeping them their original RED shouldn't be THAT HARD.

I'm also mad they changed Zack's sword to update it with Remake (GOOD) but not Aerith's pink dress (WTF???).

This is really NOT consistent.

roku

Pro Adventurer
I think they changed Hollander's line. The original line was "the degredation process only I can stop it" to "But then... who will stop Genesis and Angela's degredation".

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
tbh I always found Sephiroth swinging around Jenova's head like a brief case kinda comical.

I still think the new models look weird in motion.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
tbh I always found Sephiroth swinging around Jenova's head like a brief case kinda comical.

Now, the fact Sephiroth takes the extra time to find a hyper-specific Jenova-shaped box to place her severed head into as he leaves the town he went postal in so he can do god-knows-what, is even more bizarre and surreal.

I wish FFVII did an ask-a-character event with everyone so someone could just ask Sephiroth what the fuck he intended to do with her head after he left Nibelheim. I need to know :monster:

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
Jenova has that head-shaped box in Remake before Sephiroth decapitates her.

Japan has stricter rules about dismemberment and decapitation, moreso in their video games ratings board (Edit: or maybe it's just Sony Japan?).

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

Japan has stricter rules about dismemberment and decapitation, moreso in their video games ratings board (Edit: or maybe it's just Sony Japan?).

Yep, she's already wearing the helmet.

4mrm8fs81wv41.jpg

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

See, I thought that was only a Remake thing for that one flashback, since we wouldn't see her full head & body until the actual Kalm flashback of the Nibelheim incident. But fuck me, if they really do just....disappear Jenova's pretty human head now. I'm going to be so thoroughly disappointed with that.

Hell, in the trailer I thought I saw a glimpse of Jenova's face in the tank but it's too blurry to tell... I really, really hope they didn't censor Jenova's whole damn head, even when it's attached to her body. That would suck.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
See, I thought that was only a Remake thing for that one flashback, since we wouldn't see her full head & body until the actual Kalm flashback of the Nibelheim incident. But fuck me, if they really do just....disappear Jenova's pretty human head now. I'm going to be so thoroughly disappointed with that.

Hell, in the trailer I thought I saw a glimpse of Jenova's face in the tank but it's too blurry to tell... I really, really hope they didn't censor Jenova's whole damn head, even when it's attached to her body. That would suck.

That is just… so, so low on my list of grievances lmao. It is wild to me what is sacred to some and inconsequential to others.

I’m glad that we all agree that removing the cleavage of an underage girl is a stupid thing to complain about.

For what it’s worth, I agree with you, creepy head with a void for eyes and body horror decapitation mommy is one of those things that makes Jenova/Sephiroth menacing as a villain. But, to quote all y’all: “You still have the OG.”

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah the issue with Tifa is the textures are flat/messed up/whatever. Like the lighting is affecting her skin but not her shirt. Makes the white shirt look super flat, or that it was a mod for Remake. But the lighting has changed in every other trailer/screenshot of this remaster so, whatever, I guess.

Never in a million years would I have even noticed the addition of the undershirt. I'll just say they if they wanted her outfit to be more conservative/age-appropriate, they should have just gone back to her OG outfit:
1669763274666.png

I wish I could eat your cancer when....

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well, CC has a rated T for violence and blood, so surely it can't be too sanitized.

I'll forgive the head-in-a-box but for fuck's sake, I really hope they don't just make Jenova a faceless helmet headed alien. That would look sooo dumb lol

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I was about to watch the trailer, but my Twitter feed is full of spoilers, and I'm kinda disappointed that the trailer literally spoils anything that could poissibly be spoiled. Why oh why?? I'd rather wait until the game is out to dive in and enjoy all the transformations it's gone through.

Top Bottom