• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Crisis Core -FFVII- Reunion General Discussion

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Yikes yeah, the first line sounds like he is actually announcing Loveless act 1 is about to start but the second line was just not made for this voice actor at all.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Not surprising, it was a solid gem of a game then, and it's been polished even more now. Crisis Core was one of Square-Enix's best handheld titles and a hit of the PSP. The fondness and nostalgia it's garnered hasn't faded at all.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
IGN's review states that "virtually everything" in terms of controls can be re-mapped. Hopefully this means I'll be able to remap dodge to :circle: and item select to :x:, making it more inline with Remake.

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
To those whom it may concern:

This video provides a view of Sector 6 from the Sector 5 slums. As you can see below, Sector 6 is fully intact, despite the fact the plate collapsed over two decades earlier in [μ]–εγλ Circa 1976.

Picture1 (1).jpg

Though, in the interest of fairness, it should be noted that the original Crisis Core has this same inconsistency. Here's the view from the same cutscene:

Picture1.jpg

Update: The below paragraph is wrong. The collapsed Sector 6 skybox is also used for the extra missions.

This intact Sector 6 plate is consistent with the skybox used for Midgar in Crisis Core Reunion's extra missions, which I managed to find a good look at in DevilNeverCry's review for the game (screenshots in the spoiler tag). It would appear that all of Midgar's plates are complete. Keep in mind that the game's extra missions may take place anywhere in the slums, so I imagine they only made one skybox to be used for all of them. It may be that they omitted the collapsed plate because it could've been used as a reference point, consequently creating inconsistencies with the mission description. Or they just forgot...

1670760870934.png

1670760906773.png

But wait, there's more~

In Reunion's pre-release screenshots, we can actually see the collapsed Sector 6 skybox in use over Evergreen Park. Will this make it to the final game? Or has it been replaced with the complete Midgar skybox seen above? And here I thought the Buster Sword would be the only quantum state issue...

1670761306832.png

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Ohh I didn't even consider that Crisis Core Reunion will allow for more awesome slums views.

That said, I don't know why they have such a hard time with these plates that they designed, lol. The theory about missions is a decent one, but frankly missions being inconsistent seems much more preferable to the main story being so.

Last edited:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I'm dying to play CCR asap but I'm so terribly busy this month that I'll probably have to avoid Twitter and this thread like plague till the end of the year in order not to spoil the sad remnants of yet unspoiled game material.
Oh life thou art a heartless bitch :sadpanda:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Looking at a trophy guide and...

Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, must beat game on Hard, but you can play through it on Normal and change to Hard before endboss to pop
trophy
SOLDIER of Legend.

Wow, lmao
Wonder if that is an oversight that'll get fixed or if they just didn't care :monster:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer

Pre-launch broadcast of CCR with:
Kenichi Suzumura (Zack's voice actor)
Toshiyuki Morikawa (Sephiroth's voice actor)
Tetsuya Nomura

I suspect they would've had Cloud's voice actor as well... but y'know recent events and all.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
Reno had one unvoiced line in the original. I thought this would be his first time with a new actor for the Japanese version, but they still credit only Keiji Fujiwara. They changed Reno's (and Rude's) line, so presumably they pulled it from some archive footage.

Original:
レノ: 一件落着だぞ、と。
ルード:一足遅かったな。
シスネ:タークスの連携も、なかなかでしょ?

Reunion:
レノ: お疲れ様でした と
ルード:終わりだ
シスネ:タークスの連携も なかなかでしょ?

I don't know if they took this opportunity to change any other Japanese DMW scenes.

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
My kneejerk reaction is that I think the otsukaresama was sourced from one of Reno's lines recorded for Opera Omnia, but it has been a long time since I even opened the game.

Tbh, I'm a little anxious about who they're going to recast as Reno going forward. The Fujikei "soundalikes" who were casted for his other roles were guys like Hiroaki Hirata (Balthier), Kazuya Nakai (Gilgamesh), and TsudaKen (Jack Chaos'killer), and I mentally can't hear any of those guys as Reno. I'm hoping they recast based on the character rather than trying to get a FujiKei soundalike. Even in 7R itself, you could tell he was trying to sound younger compared to some of his other roles, likely because they gave Reno a canon age younger than Tseng and Rude.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

They changed the final part of the ending!

It matches the FFVII-R opening, minus Aerith sensing and fleeing from the Whispers.

However, they keep the same CGI part of Cloud riding the train. He holds up the Buster Sword to his head solemnly and then says the iconic, "My name is Cloud. SOLDIER 1st Class."

A nice mix of new and old right there.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I kind of figured they'd do that. Been saying for a while to people expecting a Remake/Rebirth tie-in the most they do is probably swap the post-credits scene with the Remake version and that's it. :monster:
Kinda don't like the editing though.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The editing is a bit choppy and you miss the full pan out of seeing the other civilians walking around and cars driving by. I sorta wish there was a gallery/cutscene theatre that lets you watch the new versions of scenes and the originals because the original scenes and artwork are still really good. Would have been nice to see them upscaled/redone or whatever to compare.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Since you posted, I can make this a separate post.

Just. Oh my fucking god. This is so silly looking.
Screenshot_20221212-210411_YouTube.jpg

We're back to Sephiroth stabbing you and filling your wound with darkness smoke energy. LMFAO I HATE THIS.

What the hell are you DOING Creative Business Unit #1?!?! STOP IT!!!! Just stop! You could've just shown NOTHING. No one would've minded! Why does the Masamune fill you with smoke?!?! Is Cloud filled with ash?!

Please, stop. Stop this. This is so unnecessary.

The literal fly-in-the-ointment of an incredible remaster release. My God someone really needs to talk to CBU1 and get them to take their head out their butts.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I mean, that is still an improvement over the original where the sword just sort of clipped through his body without any kind of effect whatsoever :wacky:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Is it, though??

The weird billowing smoke from a wound just seems so silly and like obvious censorship obscuring. I mean, I guess the PSP models makes me not see the lack of blood as so bad, but I dunno. I feel there could've been something better. :monster:

How the hell do we have Zack being shot full of holes and bleeding as okay, the rating stating there's blood, and then they just... shy away from it like this? What's going on?

Top Bottom