• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Tifa's role in Remake

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
I've thought about the potential plot threads that could surround Tifa in Remake - anything mysterious that perhaps that we haven't already seen in OG - but I ain't got anything besides the fact maybe she'll "fake die" , the way Barret fake died.
This is interesting tbh. And in line with....

I guess one thing I've been wondering about is that line from the Rebirth trailer where she gets aggictated that Cloud thought she had died. I wonder if that's a seed of her doubt in Cloud's recollection being played up more earlier on
I thought the line in JP is different, or is that just "imposter" word?

But yeah, FF7 Rebirth trailer so far has shown us who are the main characters here.
Heroes+ Villain: Cloud + Zack or Sephiroth (walking, and we know it's even Zack who's walking with Sephiroth)
Heroines: Tifa + Aerith (voice only)

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
IF she's even talking to Cloud, lol.

As for Tifa's role (and this is going to be annoying because I have a hard time wording this), I'm not really sure how they would "change/expand" it? Her role is already pretty solid. Sure, they'll probably add detail and show more of her bonds with Cloud + others. But, like, her role has pretty much always been to be the one who saves the hero? (If they do end up changing the plot then I could see them doing more with Tifa/Aerith bond, though.)

As for theorycrafters, the biggest mysteries right now are with Sephiroth, Zack and Aerith (and Cloud by virtue of being the main character) so obviously they'd be talking about them the most? /shrugs

Reactions: LNK

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
IF she's even talking to Cloud, lol.
I definitely get the sense that is who she is talking to. I can even imagine the scenario. Cloud describes seeing her cut down by Sephiroth, then attacks Sephiroth, and presumably imagines he must have won that match, just like in the OG. Tifa questions why he didn't stop to check on her, and he replies with an amnesiac's answer or maybe even some variation of "I thought yo were a goner" or "It look like you died." Naturally, we'll find out the truth of the episode at a later point.

Of course, it would be much more fun if she was replying to one of Sephiroth's mind games, but I don't know if I buy into that so much anymore.

Top Bottom