What games are you currently playing?

tangerine

B ● A ● N ● A ● N ● A
AKA
Val
Put in close to 200 hours with Xenoblade 2, and it's safe to say it's one of my favorite games ever :monster:

I definitely slept on the Xenoblade series, and was wrong for it. Just got XC1 Definitive Edition, and anticipate thoroughly enjoying the hell out of it. It's Shulk time!

Then onto XC3.

This is the type of Sci-Fi Fantasy I've been itching for. Xenoblade is giving my Switch the most use it's ever gotten in years.
Yessss! You're going to adore XC1. I'm about to start XC3.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I just finished Stray.

It's good, but not amazing. I think it was way overhyped. Cat walking simulator with robots and a weak plot.

In other news (and by the same game company), I recently introduced my friend to The Outer Wilds. After a couple hours with it, I'm pretty sure he's gonna get a copy for himself. If you haven't ever played it, I highly recommend it. Fairly low-pressure adventure game with space exploration and a whole lot of this at first:
giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 13557

Started playing Elden Ring again after Crumbling Farum Azula damn near gave me an aneurysm.

Rocking an int build with Moonveil (lol) and the Dark Moon Greatsword and actually having a lot of fun. Bleed and cold status effects for maximum cheese.

Beat the Godskin Duo who can absolutely, positively go to hell. They’re like O&S without anything that made O&S a fun fight. But with that being said, bosses in this game are really great for the most part. Radahn is probably top 5 FromSoft bosses imo.

In the endgame now. Wish me luck with Malenia.

D0F33AE7-213B-4BC2-A946-0C6425F38F96.jpeg

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I just finished Stray.

It's good, but not amazing. I think it was way overhyped. Cat walking simulator with robots and a weak plot.

In other news (and by the same game company), I recently introduced my friend to The Outer Wilds. After a couple hours with it, I'm pretty sure he's gonna get a copy for himself. If you haven't ever played it, I highly recommend it. Fairly low-pressure adventure game with space exploration and a whole lot of this at first:
giphy.gif
Aaah I need to finish the outer wilds. I got most of the way through but then moved onto other stuff and now I think I'd struggle with the controls. My housemate finished it and is sad he can't discuss it with me in case of spoilers - in our old house we had a post it in the hall from when he'd finished it that just said I DID IT with a giant eye drawn on it :monster:

Also the landing camera is for cowards. (I am apparently a very stressful person to watch playing this...)

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
It's more the jetpack - I left off on the hourglass planet which requires some quite fine motor control to make it down the bottom before the sand gets there. I tried again a little while ago and did not have a great time...

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Dark Souls. Got down to the Tomb of the Giants at level 31, got to a yellow fog sealed by a power that I couldn't get through. Couldn't teleport out yet, was a hell of an ordeal to climb all the way back up.

D

Deleted member 13557

About 28 hours into God of War: Ragnarok.

Will give my full opinions on this game (with a spoiler tag) once I complete it but I’m thoroughly impressed already. Unless if it takes a major U-turn it’s already better than the original.

Reactions: Wol

Sutsivoiran

Pro Adventurer
AKA
AverageNoid
I've been showing my new uni friend Silent Hill 2. He's a big fan of odd horror so he's been enjoying it so far.

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
Hmm what did I play this year

- 1100 hours of Lost Ark
- 200?? hours of FFXIV
- Unpacking
- Needy Streamer Overload
- Wild ARMs 2: Replayed in Japanese after 20+ years lol
- Stranger of Paradise: Or rather, I watched 3 streamers beat the game while waiting for my CE to ship and then when my copy actually arrived I felt like I had already played it and my desire to play it myself was like -100 :monster:
- The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story
- Live A Live HD-2D Remake
- Valkyrie Elysium
- Star Ocean 6
- Great Ace Attorney 2

- Scarlet Nexus
- Chicken Police: Paint it Red

Of the games actually released this year, my favorite was definitely the Live A Live remake. I was fucking shocked when this was announced in February on the Nintendo Direct and am in disbelief that it's a real thing even though I ordered the CE, played it, and went to the collab for it at Artnia in Tokyo after Japan re-opened. The battle system is kinda eh and the game's difficulty is definitely on the easy side, but holy shit the way they pull off the plot twist and letting the player do the "reverse boss gauntlet" still slaps even after 28 years.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
😂😂 wow that bot is not subtle

I binged Jedi: Fallen Order for two days, got a few planets in, fun game so far but I put it down after that first rush and haven’t picked it up again.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Dead Rising 4 I don't know who this not Frank is but I am coming to enjoy this game anyway. I have not Frank in a spa robe, thermal underwear, bare feet and a knitted beanie. I has ice swords, boom hammer, slicy spinners, I can find god armours and weapons, vehicles of destruction, just run and drive around causing mayhem. Not to mention all the cosplaying stuff and Capcom mode you can do if you want, this game is wild.

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
After having not touched it since the vanilla version some 13 years ago, and my memories of it being confused w/the voice acted hiimdaisy comics, I replayed Persona 4 with the Golden version and slowly lost my fucking mind for 65 hours. I trucked onwards towards the "Golden" ending being fueled purely by memories of 2010 era Persona 4 memes. There are so many parts of this game that do not feel like they aged well at all (see: everything that comes out of Yosuke and Teddie's mouths regarding women). It feels triple bad w/Yosuke because he's the first guy you befriend and he's always calling you his bro and he's all over the plot and I'm just thinking to myself, "wew this guy needs to shut up". Some of the stuff added for Golden feels extremely pointless (why did they add an onsen peeping scene). But damn, the OST still slaps. And the culprit's uh... late 90s / early 2000s "South Park Nihilism" (for better lack of terminology) and their feelings of negativity & isolation makes them extremely punchable, while also being bleakly relatable. We truly do live in a society. :monster:

I think Crisis Core is next.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Over a year ago I had posted all about my saga on trying to retrieve a disappeared cloud save.. That game was My Time at Portia. I was about half way through the game. This week, I finally accepted the loss of this file and started over. :monster: I put several hundred hours into My Time at Sandrock since it came out, but we're about 2 months away from new content. As someone who grew up playing lots of classic Harvest Moon games, My Time is the only thing that has taken me to that happy place the way those games did, while being a completely original/unique series in its own right. I'm super invested in the lore.

Fangu

Great Old One
So, Like a Dragon: Ishin! launched and I am SO in love. It really is Yakuza 0's predecessor and it's quickly working its way up my "favourite yakuza games" list. There are a few graphics bugs and yanks but no functional/ annoying bugs yet, so overall it feels pretty solid.

Tip: If you don't want story spoilers, don't google "characters comparisons Ishin PS4 and PS5" because yikes. Playing the game completely in the dark now. x)

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Dragon Quest XI. I barely play any video games (or any games, for that matter) any more, what with being busy AF with the job and the kid, but I wanted to play something that was easy to get into and a pick-and-play, ala NOT mmorpg. So far I am enjoying it. It's early to tell (3 hours in) but so far it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I've been playing Baldur's Gate 3 on the PS5 (about 30 hrs) and unfortunately my own experience with this game has been far from stellar, while all the PC gaming community had been raving about this game since its release.
My spouse and I were particularly appealed by the opportunity to do split-screen co-op, and the early stage of the game was really promising, exciting and fun, despite a few glitches. The problem is: the split-screen co-op mode is actually broken. The best equivalent I can think of is the unpatched PS4-release version of Cyberpunk 2077. In the first few hours of playing, there's the occasional bug here and there, but it's not very significant and is not really spoiling the fun. However, as time goes on, new bugs crop up and they become more and more frequent. After roughly 30 hrs, the game has become practically unplayable. It's not just lagging and freezing, you get bugs such as 'the left stick of the controller is no longer working' at a rate of every 5-10 minutes.
I suppose I'll resign myself to playing the game solo eventually, unless Larian miraculously decides to patch this absolute glitch-fest. It's been very disappointing - this mode should not have been released and advertised.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
oh, man, I'm sorry for you. Yes, the PC version is a lot better.

My experience with the PC BG3 is amazing. It's truly something spectacular. It's a lot of fun having this much control over everything my character does. The story is pretty amazing too. Graphics are great. Music is good. The whole experience is just super fun.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Have the definitely overambitious 3 simultaneously games thing going.

Baldur's Gate 3
Armored Core VI
Sea of Stars

And they're all really good, almost unfortunately, lol! :)

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Have the definitely overambitious 3 simultaneously games thing going.

Baldur's Gate 3
Armored Core VI
Sea of Stars

And they're all really good, almost unfortunately, lol! :)
My brother recommended Sea of Stars! I plan on getting it when it goes on sale.

I picked up Sun Haven a few days ago for 20$. Haven't had time to play yet.

Top Bottom