• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Final Fantasy X and X-2 producer reflects on the innovative PS2 titles

Not much new, though I have no idea what Kitase is referring to when he says that they eventually prioritized resolutions over colors:

Kitase said:
As a result, we switched from focusing on the number of colors to making the game as high resolution as possible – and we did this about six months before the master deadline!

What's an example of a PS2 game that prioritized "colors"?

Funny story about X-2's name:

Kitase said:
It may sound odd, but one of the biggest challenges we faced when making Final Fantasy X-2 was what to call it. Having a sequel to a mainline game was unheard of, and when we suggested “X-2” the company was initially worried that it would be mistaken for Final Fantasy XII and turned it down. Since then, they’ve grown fond of it of course.

Making direct sequels to mainline FF games was a turning point for the company, one that I don't always think was for the best, but I appreciate that with their sequels they try something new mechanically and tonally. The Compilation is similar. To me that's interesting, and that's all I really want from my favorite media.

Kitase said:
But I think the way that Final Fantasy games try to break away from preconceived ideas is something truly wonderful about the series – and Final Fantasy X-2 is a perfect example of that.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The celestial weapon items are back to the original affiliations on the Switch version? lol, ridiculous. Sounds like fun for everyone maintaining online walkthroughs :lol:

Reactions: Lex

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
will they do a proshoot of it for people who can’t see it live :sadpanda:

are you doing the proper old fashioned kabuki enunciation and everything, i must know

OverLimit

Lv. 1 Adventurer
FFX is my favourite FF. One of the best stories ever with characters you just can't but care about.

Soundtrack is perfect as is the battle system, being the best turn based system I played.

Sphere Grid was great with enough freedom for the player to choose how will he play with every character.

Side content in International version was perfect. Dark Aeons are still one of the most challenging fights you could take.

All in all FFX is a classic that every fan of the genre should play.

Top Bottom