• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Art - Old and New

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
Wasn't sure where to start this thread, but here you go. Show me your FFVII related art! All art is welcome - drawing, painting, sculpture, woodworking, ramen art...Idk, I want to see it! :)

Here's some of mine (part 1 of ?)

d13n4kb-2fa295fb-6d27-49e7-b243-6fecae504365.jpg

d1087xe-a603c500-37d1-4d44-bb4a-b5e346cf6df1.png

d1p53xw-352a8ba7-9ec7-4949-adab-ce8f26852358.jpg

d77tw11-d316511b-664a-4e5f-ae9f-1dd9be58ef20.png

d4i2v8z-32249b70-296d-4f9f-b801-32ede7b59717.png

Lucien Durand

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
The Last Cetra
Lucien vs Jenova (City of the Ancients)
lake-final-fantasy-1.png

Lucien and Aerith's wedding
unnamed.png

Lucien Durand (Pre render, wip)
color2.jpg

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
Lucien vs Jenova (City of the Ancients)
lake-final-fantasy-1.png

Lucien and Aerith's wedding
unnamed.png

Lucien Durand (Pre render, wip)
color2.jpg
These are really cool! I'm guessing Lucien is your OC? He's like a hybrid between Sephiroth and Vincent, with some influence of what's his face in FFXV (the night sky prince? Pardon me, I've never played FFXV, I only have peripheral knowledge). I love it! :)

Lucien Durand

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
The Last Cetra
These are really cool! I'm guessing Lucien is your OC? He's like a hybrid between Sephiroth and Vincent, with some influence of what's his face in FFXV (the night sky prince? Pardon me, I've never played FFXV, I only have peripheral knowledge). I love it! :)

He wasn't supposed to look like Sephiroth or Vincent, though I can see why many people come to that conclusion. Lucien is a Cetran Warrior called a 'Bellator'. They differ in many ways from Aerith and her mother because they are of a different cast of Cetra. Bellators can't hear or communicate with the planet. However, they are imbued with the Lifestream at birth, giving them extraordinary physical attributes. He's also mentally fortified against manipulation, and Belltors are trained from the age of 3 to be soldiers, they go through grueling training thats akin to a Spartan.

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
He wasn't supposed to look like Sephiroth or Vincent, though I can see why many people come to that conclusion. Lucien is a Cetran Warrior called a 'Bellator'. They differ in many ways from Aerith and her mother because they are of a different cast of Cetra. Bellators can't hear or communicate with the planet. However, they are imbued with the Lifestream at birth, giving them extraordinary physical attributes. He's also mentally fortified against manipulation, and Belltors are trained from the age of 3 to be soldiers, they go through grueling training thats akin to a Spartan.
Thanks for the info! Interesting. And there's no shame in taking inspiration from other characters! It's a pretty cool design. A small remark I have though is that his face looks a bit too soft and round for being a masculine face. His head also looks off, because the space between his eyes and the top of his head is slightly too wide. It's a common mistake that I've made too, because drawing men is hard, lol. But other than that, the concept and design is cool.

Lucien Durand

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
The Last Cetra
Thanks for the info! Interesting. And there's no shame in taking inspiration from other characters! It's a pretty cool design. A small remark I have though is that his face looks a bit too soft and round for being a masculine face. His head also looks off, because the space between his eyes and the top of his head is slightly too wide. It's a common mistake that I've made too, because drawing men is hard, lol. But other than that, the concept and design is cool.

Thank you for the compliment and input. I very much appreciate it. Personally, I don't mind how rounded his face is. I think it makes him seem 'softer' and more approachable. Which I think is a good thing as it contrasted with Sephiroth's more narrow, pointed countenance and even then, there is a certain feminity about Sephiroth despite his obviously male orientation. Just the same, I'm still pleased with the results. :)

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
Thank you for the compliment and input. I very much appreciate it. Personally, I don't mind how rounded his face is. I think it makes him seem 'softer' and more approachable. Which I think is a good thing as it contrasted with Sephiroth's more narrow, pointed countenance and even then, there is a certain feminity about Sephiroth despite his obviously male orientation. Just the same, I'm still pleased with the results. :)
I getcha. :) Well, it's cool! I like it.

It's not so much femininity as it is grace/gracefulness. Like Alucard from Castlevania. He is masculine, but he's also stylish, graceful and sophisticated. I have a thing for long-haired men in capes, sue me. I didn't used to like men looking very masculine with facial hair and all that, but I guess it came with age. When I was a teen and in my 20s, I liked men looking like Sephiroth. Now I'm in my 30s and I like the way Reeve and Biggs look, lol. So, I guess it's a preference thing. I have an original character (non FF related, for an original story) who's inspired by Vincent and Dave Grohl (famous musician), and every time I've drawn him, he never ended up having that "rough" manly look that I was going for. Kept ending up looking feminine and I couldn't really "diagnose" the issue. That came years later.

As it happens, I also do have an FFVII OC. I haven't drawn her in forever, because I've implemented her in my original story instead. I shipped Aerith and Vincent for many years (still do...lol, don't judge me, I'm a sucker for odd pairs), and this OC is supposed to be their daughter. Her name is Florence, and she goes by "Lore", because she's 17 and rebellious and hates her name. :tearsofjoy:

These are 13-14 years old, but I figured I'll share them since they're relevant to the topic.

I did my best to try and make her look like a mix of Aerith and Vincent. I'm pretty sure that nowadays, I could do it a lot easier with AI. I'm not as skilled as you at digital art, mind you. But it's strange to think that these were colored using a mouse.

d2o5rj7-d43af906-1295-4c9b-8eff-661e58f8e59d.jpg

d2d8xs0-e7bbae43-9804-45d5-8c58-a37be4492173.jpg

d2lem5o-813d23de-28d6-46fd-aadc-3387567e78f1.jpg

Bonus: Young Florence

d6ldbo6-b51e58cf-f89d-4a7c-a6d4-c861b35c87d9.png

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
So, I played around in Midjourney to try and see what the bot comes up with in terms of Vincent and Aerith's daughter, and the results were both hilarious, creepy, weird, and also stunning! Some of the results were terrifying, vomit-inducing or really cringe.

Here are my favorites, though! I like the way her hair looks in the first image, and her overall outfit and appearance. Interesting that she got red eyes when I specified green. An interesting take on my OC, though. Florence "Lore" Valentine. I had a blast with this!

Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_and_Aerith_Gainsboroughs_daughter_she_h_5ce51f66-9539-46a9-9551-34da04...png
Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_and_Aerith_Gainsboroughs_daughter_she_h_e01f5a17-f466-47b4-b418-5ff67b...png

Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_and_Aerith_Gainsboroughs_daughter_she_h_c3b0ef0d-a82e-49ce-a133-abe031...png

Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_and_Aerith_Gainsboroughs_daughter_she_h_56fc8630-72e9-4bac-9722-b08ae9...png
Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_and_Aerith_Gainsboroughs_daughter_she_h_ac5b10b7-c6f0-4c48-b9b5-548bf2...png
Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_and_Aerith_Gainsboroughs_daughter_she_h_26566a79-94e4-4da2-a930-2a503d...pngRhoey_Vincent_Valentine_and_Aerith_Gainsboroughs_daughter_she_h_16bd830e-266f-444e-bf96-b5c19f...png

Well, moral of the story is that Vincent and Aerith would make a beautiful baby! :tearsofjoy::astonished:

Attachments

• Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_and_Aerith_Gainsboroughs_daughter_she_h_c3b0ef0d-a82e-49ce-a133-abe031...png
    Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_and_Aerith_Gainsboroughs_daughter_she_h_c3b0ef0d-a82e-49ce-a133-abe031...png
    824.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_and_Aerith_Gainsboroughs_daughter_she_h_de7f9714-2fa1-4b4e-9438-7772e6...png
    Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_and_Aerith_Gainsboroughs_daughter_she_h_de7f9714-2fa1-4b4e-9438-7772e6...png
    401.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_and_Aerith_Gainsboroughs_daughter_she_h_f7be3189-c230-4e04-ae3b-a8a9c2...png
    Rhoey_Vincent_Valentine_and_Aerith_Gainsboroughs_daughter_she_h_f7be3189-c230-4e04-ae3b-a8a9c2...png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
This AI thing is kind of addictive. It's created some realistic and less anime ones as well. The prompt I used was "a perfect mix between Vincent Valentine and Aerith Gainsborough, young woman with black hair and green eyes". I'm loving the results. :)

Rhoey_a_young_woman_who_is_a_perfect_mix_between_Vincent_Valent_c5d0e53b-4ff2-4f49-9626-cec4f9...png

These look so much like a mix between the two, it's fascinating (especially the one to the left)! Minus the black hair, though.

Rhoey_The_daughter_of_18ac7edd-a0a6-4855-a3f2-7122231218fd.png

It's a fun little experiment and exploration.

BONUS: Here's what Cloud and Tifa's biological children would look like. Apparently the spiky hair is hereditary.

Rhoey_a_perfect_mix_between_Cloud_Strife_and_Tifa_Lockhart_a_yo_6085ad88-ce57-489c-a505-53ae65...png

Last edited:
Top Bottom