Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Shiiit, and last week I said to myself "just stay out of it Cold".

Today on TLS:
If you like Remake you're a simp.
If you don't you're a purist grinch.

This cold war between you three, in different threads and in different months, is getting old.

Blue, just stop responding to Force and Ite. You can't be so insistent. The more you argue, the firmer you're making their stance. Remake isn't for them and that's fine. Let 'em troll, they just hang out here outta habit anyway.

Force and Ite, read the room. You're on a FFVII dedicated forum in the lead up to the next big release. Don't pull the "can't anyone take an opinion" card when some fans aren't receptive to your negativity. While Blue's argument is repetitive, yours is no better. We get that you don't like what Remake did. It's not funny or enlightening anymore.

Honestly all, it's been three years. I don't like the direction Kingdom Hearts went in, but you won't find me being snarky about it on the KH Insider forums. I've moved on. You've said your piece. Now try letting it go, please.

Going back through my posts, the last time I can see a snarky remark from me about the remake was in October, over 120 posts ago (within which included positive remarks about the remake). And this one wasn't even that snarky, it was just my personal response to lines from a new interview, in a thread about discussing remake interviews. I wasn't swinging through derailing conversation, like you've just done, it was my personal response to the specific topic at hand. People responded in a way I felt misunderstood what I was saying, and then a couple of you jumped down my throat. And in any case, this thread is for discussing, which we were doing. We're not here to entertain you.

In summation:
yugioh-no-u.gif

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Okaaaay, definitely did not mean for the thread to go in this direction…

However, how other people feel about it is none of my business and I don't think it does any good to tell others how they should or should not feel. It just creates animosity, and we're all free to feel whatever way we want about it.
I don’t expect anybody to feel how I do, so I really don’t mean to come off that way. My comments were in reference to how Kitsase described his mindset when remaking FF7 in the interview that was posted. As it turns out, his comments mirror how I feel about remakes in general.

I’m probably in the minority when it comes to finding most remakes unecessary, but I understand people may not feel the same way just as how the majority of excitement for the remake’s future might not reflect how some detractors feel.

but Blue absolutely couldn’t let it go, and was rude and frankly dishonest in their response. That’s why I piped up.
See, I don’t ever get upset at disagreements here. I know I’ve definitely had a few with you and others but painting me as rude or dishonest is where the discussion starts to not sit right with me, to be frank.

I've never expressed concern over the "ruining" of the original FF7. I've posted many times on the forum over the years before the remake that I have my copy and it's not going anywhere. So I don't understand where you're getting this idea that I'm being protective of the OG from. Are you confusing me with someone else? Everything I've posted in this thread and everywhere else is out of a desire for the Remake to be good. Because...I want to play a good game, and I think that approachign the story the way most of the Remake did is the best way to accomplish that. Why is this weird?

Dragonball Evolution is a silly comparison to make because Dragonball Evolution, itself, sucked. Not because it had any affect on the original show. So what is your point?
Honestly I can’t be bothered to keep track of who exactly argues what over the years, so I don’t mean to misrepresent your position or anything.

Since it’s almost impossible to look at the remake in isolation and totally divorce it from the OG, I think a lot of criticism of the remake’s direction will be in relation to how much it sticks to the OG’s script, which then leads to equating quality with faithfulness.

Not that I think you’re doing it in particular, it’s just a common thing I noticed going back to all the surface-level arguments about the remake being trash because of its changes when the game first dropped. I think the execution is definitely worth critiquing, but people tossing the entire concept out altogether because it’s supposedly “not really FF7” got really old to me after a while.

To clarify the Dragonball Evolution thing (and really, that’s just the first example that came to mind, you can swap that out for any other crappy adaptation), I’m saying imagine if the FF7 remake project turned out as bad as that movie or M. Night Shyamalan’s The Last Airbender or whatever else. If that were the case, what exactly would I be missing out on that I didn’t already get from the OG?

At least thanks to the power of headcanon, it’s pretty easy to just pick and choose the parts of remake that make up a subjective “definitive” FF7 experience, and the remake offers a ton of “good stuff” to draw from. I find it a bit harder to do with other Compilation entries since they’re directly canon to the OG, and even then I can still at least just pretend Genesis didn’t ruin Sephiroth’s meltdown moment at the Nibelheim reactor lol.

In today’s day and age where it seems so many things from my childhood have to be remade or adapted to Netflix or something, I think at this point I just don’t have the energy to be outraged at crappy adaptations these days. Choosing indifference by default and then being pleasantly surprised when something like The Last of Us on HBO comes around has done wonders for my mental health. :mon:

Jenova SYNTHESE

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Matrazauber
Yo it has been a while. So I am wondering: has anything been announced or already been released regarding a part 2 or other parts for Final Fantasy VII Remake?

I still know little about the Remake version and I still wonna play it in one go once everything is out. And then there is that question about Aerith that was shrouded in darkness the last time I looked up that matter (and I ended up reading more about the Remake-story than I wanted to; spoilering myself)

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Other than the fact that Remake Project is planned to be 3 parts total and the second installment has the subtitle “Rebirth” not much.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Oh... what a bummer.
It has beeen a few years already...

Well, thanx for the reply though :)
Yeah they’re not treating the remake as one game in three parts, it’s three separate full games with years of development time in between like any other game with sequels. So you’ll be waiting a long time to play all three back-to-back, personally I would just start playing it instead of waiting.

Top Bottom