• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Is FF7 your 'Star Wars' aka all-time fav fiction

clowd

Pro Adventurer
I know for some people Harry Potter is their all time favorite fictional story, for others Star Wars, others Lord of the Rings, the Matrix, Alien, etc

So is FF7 your all-time favorite piece of fiction?

It is for me.

And if it is for you, do you think something will ever top it? I certainly hope so

Elkazor

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Cinder Wing
FFVII is for me too honestly. I don't know if anything will top it though. I love the game a lot.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It's not my all-time favourite fictional story, but I do think that it's my "Star Wars" in a slightly different sense, in that it took a wide range of concepts & themes and combined them in a way that's uniquely captivating such that it heavily defined endless other things that came after it. I think that there are a lot of works of fiction that exist because of FFVII and that I also like because of what FFVII did.

Essentially I think that it's my favourite foundation as the nexus for the fiction that came before it, and for the fiction that grew out from that period of time, and it's allowed me to find and appreciate more media LIKE that than anything else. It's one of the reasons that I like Remake is that it's recontextualizing those things again a quarter century later and giving a different way to look at it and allowing it to grow FROM the things it inspired as well, in terms of the nuances and details of the story.

X :neo:

Top Bottom