Alien Romulus

Ghost X

I wish marketing folk would use the trailers to hint at whatever new ideas are in the film that would make it worth watching. My current stance based on that trailer is: I've seen this movie before... in 2 recent video games, re: aesthetics at least. If it can't sell me on aesthetics, it has to sell me on story, and there's nothing really ground breaking on that front evident either, imo :P. To be fair, it could be shitty marketing and it is only one trailer.

...I'll probably watch it anyway :monster:.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It's set between Alien & Aliens which is interesting since it means that Ripley's still out floating through space so exactly how much is known about the Xenomorphs by the company is still an interesting question, especially given how Ripley's account about her experience isn't immediately believed. The utterly MASSIVE scattering of Facehuggers coming through that door was quite the surprise, and I'm really curious what kicks this all off.

There was some news back in October that seemed exceptionally promising which is that – despite being notoriously tough and critical of things that follow his films, like Blade Runner 2049Ridley Scott's feedback on the director's cut was, "It's fucking great." Given that I've quite enjoyed his follow-ups, I think it's highly probable that I'll enjoy this.

X :neo:

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I'm really hoping this is good. I have only really liked the first two Alien films.

I'm willing to give this one a shot though.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Awww, so this isn't gonna be a sequel to Alien: Covenant? That's a little disappointing. I'll have to go back and watch the very first Alien movie. Haven't seen it since the 90s

Raphael78x

Rookie Adventurer
I feel like I'm in a minority of people who really liked the Prometheus, Covenent movies. I don't mind them taking a different approach but this feels very safe. I could go play Alien Isolation right now and probably have a better time with this kind of vibe. That's if the whole film decides to go back to basics. We'll have to see.

Top Bottom