• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Lost Episode technical info?

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Soo my cell phone contract expired a couple of weeks ago, and I'm thinking about getting a new one that will allow me to play LE.

As far as I recall, a Verizon Amp'd Mobile is required to play? Does anyone—preferably someone who had actually played the game—know anything such as exactly what phone and/or contract? Is the game even still available?

Further, would anyone have an idea of what kind of costs I'd be looking at? Does it require a more expensive contract? Do you get charged for phone minutes + web time + game time all at once when you play?

Thirdly, would anyone tech-savvy know if it is possible to record gameplay? Maybe some way to export what I'm playing onto the computer and record it there? I would love to actually get video clips and/or screen caps of certain scenes. FGJ and whatnot.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You'd first need to actually find a place to download it because Verizon has taken it down as one of its downloadable games :monster:

I don't even think its available anymore to play.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, it's been gone awhile. You can try searching for yourself but I'm pretty sure its not on Verizon's downloadable games list.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Unfortunately there's a disturbing lack of info out there on the game at all.

IS there another place to download it? Or an emulator or anything?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You can't emulate it because it's a phone game, which requires data from the provider to play.

And no there isn't much info on it at all, probably because it's gone.

http://products.vzw.com/index.aspx?id=games

That's where all the available games for Verizon are, and as you can see, there's no "Lost Episode." I think it truly has become "lost" now.

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=213.msg4757#msg4757 date=1230675928]
You can't emulate it because it's a phone game, which requires data from the provider to play.

And no there isn't much info on it at all, probably because it's gone.

http://products.vzw.com/index.aspx?id=games

That's where all the available games for Verizon are, and as you can see, there's no "Lost Episode." I think it truly has become "lost" now.
[/quote]

Serves it right. It deserves to be lost and forgotten. 'Hey, let's make an extra chapter for DoC with no real replay value and which only makes Vincent seem even more depressed than the game depicted!' "Great idea!"

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Serves it right. It deserves to be lost and forgotten. 'Hey, let's make an extra chapter for DoC with no real replay value and which only makes Vincent seem even more depressed than the game depicted!' "Great idea!"

But...but...the dancing flashback scene!! D:

[quote author=Ravynne link=topic=213.msg4762#msg4762 date=1230676781]

But...but...the dancing flashback scene!! D:
[/quote]

Meh. Unless it's accompanied by Dirty Dancing music for the lolz I'm not feeling it. :monster:

But yes, while I dislike this Lost Episode it is an irritating technical aspect that we can't play neither that nor Before Crisis on emulators. I mean, I sometimes even forget that Before Crisis exists.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Maybe Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode is just exclusive to the V-Cast game list and it's just not listed on the main site of games?

I dunno, that'd be the last chance of it being around. Maybe when you get V-Cast and can look through its choices on your cell phone, you can see it there.

Since I'm not a Verizon customer I can't look and see what's on V-cast myself, so there's the possibility of it being there.

IS there anyone on this forum who's a V-Cast subscriber, who can verify if DoC Lost Episode is in fact on there or not?

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Problem is, I'm not interested in signing up for bullshit unless it's going to get me what I want to play. Unless anyone responds to your last question there, I guess I'll just have to go in and be at the mercy of the Verizon salesperson and what/how much they can tell me about what I want to know.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I don't even understand why Lost Episode exists.
Couldn't they just add those scenes to the original game?
I mean, the game doesn't have a true ending, or even a begining. It's just a portion of DoC's story.

Seriously, why did they make it?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode truly is a shameless example of trying to milk an already malnourished cow financially. There's no logic, integrity or reason in terms of making that game. You're right. Dirge of Cerberus already is the weakest entry in the Compilation; trying to milk it so shamelessly isn't really helping the game of DC stand on its own.

As you said, they should've made DC longer and put that shit in the game.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Mako said:

Off course you can emulate it, they made the game on a PC, which in most cases requires an emulator of sorts in order to (play) test it. Not that those emulators are often publically available, for shaem :/.

Also, wasn't DoC fail?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=213.msg4786#msg4786 date=1230679504]

Also, wasn't DoC fail?
[/quote]

LOL

I'll say that DC wasn't the best entry in the Compilation. It had its good points story wise that were hampered by the crippling fact S-E rushed making a game in a genre they've never even made before. :monster:

It's like SE thought, "Hey! Let's make a subpar shooting game, rush the already shortened plot, rush the game's extra content, then...EXCLUDE a portion of said plot and release it on a crappy cellphone game with wonky controls, an even SHORTER plot, and then call it a Lost Episode!"

:monster:

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=213.msg4783#msg4783 date=1230678997]
I think Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode truly is a shameless example of trying to milk an already malnourished cow financially. There's no logic, integrity or reason in terms of making that game. You're right. Dirge of Cerberus already is the weakest entry in the Compilation; trying to milk it so shamelessly isn't really helping the game of DC stand on its own.

As you said, they should've made DC longer and put that shit in the game.
[/quote]

It was a truily STUPID idea to put it on a FUCKING cellphone. lol They should had put the crap on the PSP or DS. .....I'm not willing to get a $200 phone to play one game.

Cellphone games may be an "in" thing in Japan, but not here in the US. I love my consoles more then my phone.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It would've been too short for a PSP or DS game. This game is basically an in-betweener, like, for people who like to play games on their cellphones when they're bored during lunch breaks or whatever.

And really, it's not like LE is important. Unlike BC, which is rather lengthy for a cell phone game. In fact, it seems that there's more dialogue than playtime in BC, which makes me question of how reasonable it actually is to make a phone game like that.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I couldn't care less about LE, but I REALLY wish I could get an emulator to play Before Crisis. Even if cell phone gaming were 'in' here, it would take a lot of convincing to get me to play a game on one - even an FF7 title, which is saying something.

Hell, my cell phone's ancient. The speaker phone is the size of a small subwoofer and has polyphonic ringtones. (I also don't have any real drive to get a new one)

If I did get a new one, the only game I might be interested in is FF7 Snowboarding. Is that still available? THAT's a perfect cell phone game, a stupid little snowboarding minigame, and I did love playing it in Gold Saucer. ;)

As for DC, I just replayed it actually and I'm sorry, I like it. It's not the first game that I liked and few else did. The gameplay IS really simplistic but I find it kind of addictive. Maybe the fact that I don't like normal shooters has something to do with it. It made me give a damn about a character I hardly paid any attention to in the original. And it pisses me off that with our 40 Extra Missions they couldn't be bothered to put in the extra story from the online mode >:( It's biggest problem was pacing, but the story had me interested enough not to mind too much.

VivaLaValenwind

Moogle Hunter
AKA
VictoriaValentine, SirYab
I actually have LE on my cellphone...really it's pretty bad. Well its a cellphone game so what do you expect. I was mostly pissed at the change of a plot in one of the scenes...besides that the gameplay really sucks. Vin can only move in 4 directions like pacman (T_T)

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
@VivaLaValenwind

Do you know if its still available for download now? Can you check for us and see?

And really, I'm not that surprised in terms of its quality.

Top Bottom