• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

[quote author=haichinamie link=topic=53.msg2676#msg2676 date=1229633125]
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg2659#msg2659 date=1229632052]
Mou, daijobou, da ne? I may be crazy for believing in Cleris, dakedo, daremo tomerarenai.

Dare ga tomeyou to suru no ka ww

Suki na mono wo, douzo suki na you ni :monster:
[/quote]

Dakarete mitakute.

^ I wonder why Cloud ran away to the church to spend his last days with Aerith at the egde of death. LMAO! I love how he's not with Tifa. I mean at the very least he could have brought one of Tifa's belongings to remember her scent by, but instead he's got Aerith's ribbon tied around his arm. It's rather curious.
[/quote]

If you`re really interested in Cloud`s reasons I recommend you to read Reunion Files and Ultimanias. Everything is pretty much explained already.

Hehe, I imagine the scene in AC where Cloud is sitting in the church sniffing Tifa`s... um... scarf? Or I dont know ::)

btw, ALL avalanche party has those ribbons. Its not a love sign.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Hell, I didn't even know one.xthost.info had profiles up for the characters. What are the other sources that site uses? I'm just kinda curious.

Isabella

Your Mom

Hey Mako, I think haichi makes a better faux-cleris than you do. :monster:

Now stop spamming up my inbox, yo.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

So on Dissidia's ending...

Highlight to read (I can't use spoilertags for some reason):

Cloud disappears into a field of flowers

I dunno how this will er... encourage certain spirit-sex theories

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Considering he says he's not interested right before he fades out, I think it sounds more like the explicit rejection the other side's always been looking for, just not to the girl they were hoping it'd be delivered to.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

@loonymoon

I really don't see what you're talking about in that ending. Maybe I'm missing something :monster:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

Refering to the video I posted in the Dissidia section - Basically when all the characters get teleported away with the crystals, they each have a reference to their own game. Like, Tidus sort of dives and disappears ala FFX, Firion disappears amongst a patch of wild roses, Squall grabs an angel feather, Cecil has a moon in th background etc. When Cloud disappears, he's holding a Materia-like object that's glowing green (possibly a reference to Holy) and disappears in a field of yellow flowers (ala AC credits w/ Calling). I'm pretty sure this may serve to encourage spirit-sex speculation :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom

Well, it's just as you said. Each character is shown with something reminiscent of their game. Flowers are a reoccurring sight in FF7. It's certainly prettier than giving Cloud a Midgar backdrop.

But I'm sure you're right, there will be those who blow it out of proportion. Cloud + flowers = SEXXORS

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

@ loonymoon

You mean the flower *petals*. XDDDDDD Not a field. That's what got me. Okay, gotcha. I see what you mean.

I highly doubt that will encourage anything really. :monster: That's extremely reaching.

Isabella

Your Mom

Nah, Cloud's actually shown in a flower field, just before he vanishes. But you're right, it would be reaching to read too much into that. I think it's just a visual that represents FF7. Can you think of a better one, other than Midgar?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

I personally would've chosen green bits of floating lifestream but :monster:

Okay, I didn't notice the flowers at his feet. Okay, nevermind :monster:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED

Ohhh...a field of green with flowers. In which they are all standing in. Aeris is da pimpmaster. Hmm...Squall is also quite close to Cloud in that scene, which totally means CloudxAerisxLeon KH sexxorz.

What you say? These aren't all one game?

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

I dunno, I personally can't think of any other background they could've used. The rest of the cast corresponded with very natural/earthy scenery, the flower field sorta just fit that concept. It would have been very distracting if Cloud's was seen with something like Midgar for example. The Lifestream may have worked, but I think the flower field sort of flowed with the others better.

I could see it as a sort of cute reference from a shipper's perspective but I honestly don't think it means too much. Of course, I'm sure there are already people totally blowing it out of proportion :monster:

and I know the black font is probably a little annoying, but I'm trying to spare people from unexpected spoilers :(

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

Yeah, spare people the unexpected spoilers :monster:

On an unrelated non-spoiler note, I noticed one of the lines in the Prologue book says that Tifa is 'the only one Cloud opened his heart to (be close to without distance or having ones guard up, letting people in, etc)', which is in contrast with the occasional assertion that Cloud has never been that close to Tifa.

Isabella

Your Mom

Sorry about that, hitobito. :)

There are several sources that say they're close/Tifa knows him best/etc. That's why I don't understand these arguments that Tifa doesn't know/understand Cloud or she doesn't love him for who he is, she's trying to make him someone he's not, etc. Tifa is accepting and forgiving to a fault. And Square says so in black and white in official books. How do you deny a direct quote from Square?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Well, you need thick fingers and a loud voice. You place the former in your ears, and you then start shouting or singing with the latter.

And thankee Hitobito.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

[quote author=Isabella link=topic=53.msg2765#msg2765 date=1229648083]Tifa is accepting and forgiving to a fault. And Square says so in black and white in official books.[/quote]
Her smile at the end of the default high affection Highwind scene is described as seeming to 'accept everything' or something. I think once she's found out who Cloud really is, she just takes him as he is.

I never got the 'Tifa trying change Cloud' thing, especially in reference to AC. Not wanting someone to give up and wait to die is an unacceptable action now? I doubt Aerith would have sat there telling him "it's okay if you want to wallow and die, Cloud, I stay over here out of your way."

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

hitoshura said:
I never got the 'Tifa trying change Cloud' thing, especially in reference to AC. Not wanting someone to give up and wait to die is an unacceptable action now? I doubt Aerith would have sat there telling him "it's okay if you want to wallow and die, Cloud, I stay over here out of your way."

Well you know those Cloud/Aerith shippers who want Cloud to die would definitely have a problem with Tifa trying to keep him living on :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom

Exactly! I would've been firmer than she was. I would've kicked his ass! I know from experience that's what is needed at such a time. A little "intervention," if you will. Tifa was right to get firm with him, and the argument that she's mean or doesn't understand him is ridiculous.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=53.msg2769#msg2769 date=1229649125]
Her smile at the end of the default high affection Highwind scene is described as seeming to 'accept everything' or something. I think once she's found out who Cloud really is, she just takes him as he is.[/quote]

Why, it's almost as if SE knows what they're talking about and all of their quotes about her make sense in context with each other!

Nah... Can't be,

Well, maybe the C/A Aerith, since Cloud dying means she gets him afterwards.

Also, Hitoshura, might I get a scan of that excerpt about Cloud only letting Tifa in, if it's not too much trouble?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

So the reason Aerith didn't help the world sooner was because she wanted Cloud to believe there was no cure and he was going to die, but when Tifa kicked his arse into gear she realised her plan was ruined and just heals everyone. AC makes sense at last :monster:

I have some scans from the Prologue book, but it's not very high resolution. It might be hard to make out the caption.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/vilaeth_0/Scan15.jpg

???????????????????????????????????
Tifa, who from 2 years ago has been the only one Cloud opened his heart to. Now he has closed off his heart even from her.

'Even from her' makes it sound like it's exceptional, that closing himself off from Tifa means more than others.

And 2 years ago? What big 'revealing of feelings and creating of a new relationship' between Cloud and Tifa happened 2 years ago? :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Oh, that's a question that's going to take me ages to find the answer to.

Thankee Much, Hito.

That's a really awesome quote you found there. Looks like Aerith never did get in his heart of keep it making him depressed all through CoT afterall... I know the Clerii will deny it somehow or whatnot, but isn't that basically saying, "The only girl ever in Cloud's heart was Tifa"?
she's trying to make him someone he's not

Considering she plans on spending the rest of her life with him as avegetable I really can't understand the Clerii claiming she wants him as a soldier to rescue her and only that.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

[quote author=haichinamie link=topic=53.msg2663#msg2663 date=1229632156]
Uncalled for and rude!

Should I report you? ???

Hey, ANYTHING is possible. After all, it's fantasy. And in fanatasy, anything is possible. Why people forget that this is fantasy is beyond me.

I mean, if Tifa can have disgustingly oversized gravity-defying tits...

Then I think Cloud still being in love with a dead body is always possible.
[/quote]

Fantasy has nothing to do with it. This is consistency of story that we are discussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom