• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The forums

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Righty, so with the forums set up and hopefully me getting to making the layout (but don't expect me to be done with it anytime soon, :/), I'd say it's time to sorta prepare the forums for visitors before posting the announcement and whatnot onto the frontpage. There's a few things that need to be done, I believe:

* Start up each of the sections - Mog already made a start with that on a topic in the FFVII section, but it would be neat to have some more threads up and running by the time we go 'public'. It's already public, and don't hesitate to link others to the forums already, but you (should) know what I mean.

* General information or FAQs on each of the Compilation titles would be neat, not only for the forums, but also the frontpage. Not everyone has either followed the developments on the compilation or has seen / played any of them, so an introduction on each of the titles would be neat-o.

* Plans for the promotion would also be nice~ish. But, besides linking from the frontpage and having the site sorta promote itself, I'm out of fresh ideas. Spamming other forums with links is kinda lame and done by Every Other Forum already, would be neat if people did that without coaxing from (for example) us, i.e. naturally and whatnot.

Also, feel free to post loads of fresh ideas for the forums (and the frontpage as well if you like, after all this should become the main discussion section for the frontpage as well) in here, either in this thread or in a new topic. It would be nice to keep things a bit more organized here than back on FFOF (in which threads that don't span at least over nine thousaaand topics aren't worth mentioning or existing), and if threads here change topic completely, it gives off bad ideas to the members. I'm not saying that threads going off topic should be split and whatnot by default, just that if there's a new idea or an entirely different subject, open a new thread for that.

On that subject, we'll probably need some moderators. I'm all up for keeping the global moderator policy we have on FFOF on here as well, so that every moderator can, if required, also keep an eye out on other sections. I'd like to have at least one 'main' moderator for each of the sections (mainly the compilation sections), whose main job is to keep their section clean, but also to try and make their section active, for example by opening new topics or keeping older ones active with new insights. Basically a section leader ('moderator' sounds more like someone who's just there for making sure the rules are kept and whatnot).

On that, anyone can apply, I think, just as long as they can type proper English (grammar, spellign), aren't complete idiots, and knowledgeable in the specific section of their preference. I'm not sure (yet) how many people are willing / able to become moderators, but the way I see it we'll need at least five or six (one for each of the compilation titles), plus at least one for the general section. The 'tech' sections (news reports, projects) can be managed by visiting mods and admins (right now that would be me and X), shouldn't be a problem.

The number's just a guideline really, but it would be nice if, if the forums become active enough, there would be at least one guru for each of the compilation titles.

Right now the main priorities will be to start new threads, both regular discussion ones as introduction and general information ones for the compilation titles, and to have a basic forum staff set up.

Finally, when would you lot like to move the frontpage-related discussion(s) to this forum? As far as I'm concerned, we could do it right away, as long as we make sure that everyone who's involved knows about it, :monster:.

Speaking of :monster:, that smilie should be added poasthaste, :@.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Quick mention - Should we put Dissidia up now since it's our main source of current news? (This means a slightly different section since it's not a compilation title even though it's featuring FFVII characters, so I was wondering what thoughts were on which sexxxion it should be in fgj)

Aside from that-

I think it'd be a good idea to make some short / complete summaries about each title in the applicable sections. Basically a single post that's stickied and closed at the top of each section. It should cover general points of the storyline in the game, release info, media tie-ins (Ultimanias, Maiden of the Planet, On the Way to a Smile, etc), and have links to the applicable info on the main TLS.net page.

The main reasoning behind this is that we can't assume that everyone coming in will know as much about FFVII as the general populace of ACF did. Many of them may be returning, but there's still a lot of people that don't know what the Ultimania books are, or that things like MotP was ever released. This sort of thing will help bridge the gap for new members who're interested, and it won't make them feel as alienated when joining. In addition to that - it'll also help people understand where the info can be found on TLS.net, and help everyone get EASY access to that information. If it's simple, people are FAR more likely to use it. Also - if it can all be accessed easily through the forums, it'll draw more people in to discuss what they find here.

I've run through and made the general topics, but I won't have time to fill them all with content info tonight (and the ones that I have so far, are only started). I'll try to update the ones that I can when I've got time, but anyone with access should be able to edit the post and add what's needed (please do). If you want general examples, I've worked on Crisis Core & The Compilation one a bit.

- Compilation
- FFVII
- AC
- BC
- DoC
- CC

X 8)

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
Would it be possible to get some sort of introduction forum up as well? Again, I know a lot of people are from the ACF/FFOF forums, but:
A. Names Change [e.g. Mine]
B. New Members

It'd be nice to know who's who and all that.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
If you're in need of mods, I'd be glad to help out. I modded the compilation sexxions on ACF as you might or might not remember...well, before the shitstorm began and I got demodded. Uhm. Twice.

Quick mention - Should we put Dissidia up now since it's our main source of current news? (This means a slightly different section since it's not a compilation title even though it's featuring FFVII characters, so I was wondering what thoughts were on which sexxxion it should be in fgj)

Are there gonna be any other FF-related sections? Or are we trying to keep it mainly FFVII-related?

For now I'd say give it its own section. :P

I think it'd be a good idea to make some short / complete summaries about each title in the applicable sections. Basically a single post that's stickied and closed at the top of each section. It should cover general points of the storyline in the game, release info, media tie-ins (Ultimanias, Maiden of the Planet, On the Way to a Smile, etc), and have links to the applicable info on the main TLS.net page.

Yeah, that's definitely a good idea.

I think, just as long as they can type proper English (grammar, spellign)

...was that on purpose? ;D

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I definitely think there should be a general FF section. I didn't like how ACF had too many forums, but I think there should be a tad bit more here.

And as far as modding goes, I'd like to help out as well.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
@'tarded apple, :monster: - Not sure, kinda 'meh' on that, but if you say it'll be awesome, I could put it up.

Tetsujin said:
...was that on purpose?

duh, :monster:. What sexxxion strikes your fancy the most?

Mog said:
I definitely think there should be a general FF section. I didn't like how ACF had too many forums, but I think there should be a tad bit more here.

General FF section as in 'Put any FF discussion except FFVII-related in this section' or a list of sections, one for each FF game? Subforums would also be a possibility, but I'd try to avoid making this Just Another General FF Forum.

Mog said:
And as far as modding goes, I'd like to help out as well.

me said:
What sexxxion strikes your fancy the most?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
General FF section as in 'Put any FF discussion except FFVII-related in this section' or a list of sections, one for each FF game? Subforums would also be a possibility, but I'd try to avoid making this Just Another General FF Forum.

A general FF section would be good. No need for one for each game (that's WAY too spread out). Also, I'd like either the FFVII forum or the CC one. Whichever is cool with me.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=3.msg36#msg36 date=1227379106]
Indifference is the mother of all cba, :@.
[/quote]

No u. :monster:

In any case, I'm in favor of the AC section. Mainly because there's gonna be some discussion when ACC will be released and so it'll be rather active (hopefully).

And if I have to guess, the Before Crisis section will probably be the least wanted one. :wacky:

Plans for the promotion would also be nice~ish.

Make a video highlighting all the awesome things we have here and post it on youtube or whatever. *random idea*

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Congrats on the opening of the forum guys.

This is Road btw.

I suggest a graphic section and general media/entertainment section be set up, unless you want this place to be primarily focused on Final Fantasy. A graphics section should be created either way, it'll probably prove useful as you attempt to design skins, ect.

Also, if you guys are in need of a forum Staff, I suppose I can help out with the general section, as I've had much more time on my hands lately.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The forums are looking great, I finally found my ass over here.

I think the most important thing we need to do before we do *anything* on this forum, is upload a goddamn cookie monster smilie. Immediately.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind helping out in the modding department either, if you feel I'd be good for the job. I think a separate forum for each Compilation title would suffice, as well as a separate section for FFVII. The current structure is perfect.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Hey, they're up! They look fantastic guys. You have no idea how much I've missed being able to nerd out about Final Fantasy these past, what, 5 months? haha

Anyway, excellent job. If you still need mods, I had a brief stint as FF mod before the shitstorm. I'd be happy to take Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus, anywhere I'm most needed. That said, I fully understand if you want to avoid overstaffing, because that may have been one of ACF's many problems, so just let me know.

Good to be here, with so many familiar faces...er...screen names.

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
ACF's staff was one of the reasons I LIKED ACF. It was so awesome with it's ontopic-ness, and lack of spam, and good discussion threads [FFOF excluding, 'cause it's randomness is what made it]. It was the batshit crazy Webmistress that caused the shit storm. The same Webmistress that said the sight was going to be back up in October, and oh look, nothing yet.

Of course, I left there shortly after the release of Crisis Core, so, hey, what do I know? <<" I just think of all the time, and effort, and content I put into that sight and POOF! Gone.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
[quote author=Dumb Apple link=topic=3.msg80#msg80 date=1227679668]Of course, I left there shortly after the release of Crisis Core, so, hey, what do I know? <<" I just think of all the time, and effort, and content I put into that sight and POOF! Gone.
[/quote]
I'd be nice if, even if SY isn't going to put the website back up, at least give someone the data for the site so people have get back all the stuff that was made for the site.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
We've got some good response on the returning staff so far (many thanks to them, or this place never would've been made). Hopefully we can find more content that people have kept, otherwise we'll have to put it back together on our own.

If anyone has any/decent contact with SY, it'd be an interesting venture to make, though I wouldn't count on her to help too much.

X 8)

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=3.msg105#msg105 date=1227774592]
SY helping Yop? I think not.

I'd love to hear her response though.
[/quote]
My thoughts precisely.

X 8)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
She wouldn't be helping me per se, i.e. I only set the thing up, :monster:. I'd rather have you lot (i.e. site staff) do the day-to-day organizing and whatnot, mainly due to cba and I like to tell myself I'm rather busy, :monster:

Anyways, I (finally) did the moderation business, I've made Tetsujin, The Notorious M.O.G., Rusty, Makoeyes987 and ForceStealer global mods, so you should have moderator privileges all over the forums, as well as access to the l33t staff sexion. However, keep that section for stuff that people really shouldn't see, i.e. n00dz and member discussions. Site / forum plans should / can be discussed in the projects section - openness from the staff is a Good Thing, and makes us (read: you lot, :monster: ) look less like elitist bastards.

Also, :monster: and =D fgj. And :duhard:.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I was about to add it when I noticed you and I were uploading things at the same time. I had to remove the huge monster from the forum list, cause it murdered the posting screen.

Can we add hitoshura (Vilaeth) & Dumb Apple (Geo) to a staff usergroup, since they've been able to help out, and makes it easier to keep track of the Great Justice Members? I'd look into it, but I cba, cause I'm leaving soon. :neom:

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Wicked. I'll do some more plowing through the Admin CP after I get back online tonight and get the hang of things. So far it's all been pretty straightforward.

IF WE MISSED ANYONE WHO DOES STAFF WORK FOR TLS.net AND YOU NEED PERMISSIONS HERE, LET US KNOW.

Also - Dacon apparently wrote something 'bout this place over on FCF when I chatted with him today on msn.

X :neo:

Top Bottom