• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What are you looking forward to most in ACC?

Re: What are you looking forward to most in ACC?

This was all I could find (from IMDB), and obviously this isn't nearly all of them. I think I recall someone saying the German VAs were good.
[size=small]DVD Features:Subtitles: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Chinese, Thai, Korean, Audio Track 1: English, Dolby Digital 5.1, Audio Track 2: Japanese[/size]

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=Balthea link=topic=15.msg608#msg608 date=1228411028] I think I recall someone saying the German VAs were good.
[/quote]

They are crap.:monster:

They did get a couple of good ones (i.e. Cloud) but didn't get the best performance out of them. I blame it to shitty direction.
Some voices were just plain horrible (Seph, Kadaj, Barret, Marlene...).
Direct-to-Video releases just don't have as much effort put into their dubs as tv or theatrical productions...=/

Ah, that's a shame. I did like the English ones, but I hardly ever dislike English VAs in anything (I don't watch a ton of anime).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

All non-original languages are shit. And especially German ones, since they dub everything.

'Aber Wolke, esse meine scheisse bitte' etc.

I really don't mind them, but I like to be able to hear someone saying the lines rather than subtitles. I don't mind if it's live action, cause those dubs just look weird, but if it's animation, as I said, I hardly ever dislike English VAs. *shrugs* I'm just weird like that.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

No, I'm the same. I usually don't mind English VA's, and when it comes to video games I'm more likely to prefer the English VA's.

As for Advent Children, I've only heard the Japanese, English and French dubs. The French dub I thought was very, very good. The only think I found a little off-putting was that Aeris sounded a little old, but I think they were trying to make her sound motherly.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=15.msg629#msg629 date=1228427016]
All non-original languages are shit. And especially German ones, since they dub everything.

'Aber Wolke, esse meine scheisse bitte' etc.
[/quote]

Usually, I prefer them actually, so no u. :monster:

Purple

Charmed

I looking forward to more Turks and the rest of Cloud's posse

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer

I definitely want to see more Rufus <3 . He didn't have a lot of scenes but he had such a significant role in the movie that I felt he deserved more time...

I actually did think that the dub for AC was pretty good; I've definitely heard worse so I might look forward to that I well. ;D

ForceStealer

Double Growth

Yeah, I always felt in the minority but I thought the dubbing was very good in the english version. Aeris wasn't that great but she didn't have very many lines, and Loz's delivery of "Where's mother" was awful, but after that I thought everyone did pretty well. Notably, I guess because I wasn't expecting it, but I thought Rachel Leigh Cook did a fantastic job with Tifa. The part where she yells at Cloud was excellent, I actually prefer her to Ayumi Ito (and you can't blame Cook for 'dilly dally')

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist

Speaking of "Dilly Dally", does anyone know if they are going to have English Subtitles or Dubtitles? That's the one thing that bothered me about AC subtitles, and deters me from watching it with the JPN voices.

<<" At least my legal copies. I figured if I've bought the movie three times already, if I have a copy sitting on my desktop with proper subtitles nobody is going to complain.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do

I liked the dub voices too. I thought they fit better overall. Though Aeris was awful (as well as in KH2). And like you said, the Loz part was just bad.

But overall it's good. Steve Burton does a wonderful job as Cloud (though Ive seen interviews and it's kinda sad these people who do the voices dont know much about the series itself). The only game he did bad at with Cloud was Crisis Core at the end because he still tried to act like a kid when he was close to his age in FF7 at the end of CC. Wow, thats a horribly structured sentence. But it's late and Im tired.

Purple

Charmed

I liked the dubbing too although there were some silly and awkward dialogue here and there. "You meanie!", "Dilly dally shilly shally"

Oh, and I love Steve Burton as Cloud. I haven't really noticed his voice as off in the ending. The screaming part was ok.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do

it wasnt a bad scream, which is what Im referring to, but he just sounded to young for the point in time.

[quote author=Nocturne link=topic=15.msg849#msg849 date=1228544603]
it wasnt a bad scream, which is what Im referring to, but he just sounded to young for the point in time.
[/quote]Well, remember the whole tube thing for four years. I thought it was great when Cloud was upset and then in the ending on the train he sounded like Cloud from AC (at least to me).
Plus, I only like Cloud in CC. Dorky Cloud rules.

Purple

Charmed

Dorky Cloud >>>>> Brooding Cloud

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul

Japanese Scream was more realistic...should have left it in.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

I'm not sure the japanese scream was more realistic. Don't get me wrong, it's heart-wrenching and great...but it sounds almost inhuman, I have never heard anyone scream like that. I couldn't get over how much Burton's sounded like James Arnold Taylor (Tidus), it was kinda strange.

While that scream wasn't the best, I thought Burton's "SEPHIRO--TH!" in the Nibelheim reactor was fantastic.

If I ever got the chance to interview Burton for some reason, I'd love to ask him how daunting it was when they played the Japanese scream for him, lol, assuming they did.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

I've personally never had the chance to witness someone's mind break as their best friend dies in front of them, but I like Sakurai's better :monster:

I've not played it in English, so I can't say much more about Burton in CC.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul

[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=15.msg929#msg929 date=1228591553]
I'm not sure the japanese scream was more realistic. Don't get me wrong, it's heart-wrenching and great...but it sounds almost inhuman, I have never heard anyone scream like that. I couldn't get over how much Burton's sounded like James Arnold Taylor (Tidus), it was kinda strange.

While that scream wasn't the best, I thought Burton's "SEPHIRO--TH!" in the Nibelheim reactor was fantastic.

If I ever got the chance to interview Burton for some reason, I'd love to ask him how daunting it was when they played the Japanese scream for him, lol, assuming they did.
[/quote]

Burton did a great job. And as for the JP scream, it's the best (imo) but only like you said earlier, inhuman. Cloud doesn't know how to react, what to do, just knows he's gone one minute, wakes up to realize a Legacy he looks up to just happens to be dead next to him, and not only a legacy, but a friend. So it's some serious stuff. And yeah the scream from Eng Version is a bit...Tidus...haha.

Edit: replaced "laugh" with "scream"

Purple

Charmed

A bit like Tidus? Never noticed it before but yeah, it does sound a bit like him. :monster:

[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=15.msg732#msg732 date=1228503908]
Yeah, I always felt in the minority but I thought the dubbing was very good in the english version. Aeris wasn't that great but she didn't have very many lines, and Loz's delivery of "Where's mother" was awful, but after that I thought everyone did pretty well. Notably, I guess because I wasn't expecting it, but I thought Rachel Leigh Cook did a fantastic job with Tifa. The part where she yells at Cloud was excellent, I actually prefer her to Ayumi Ito (and you can't blame Cook for 'dilly dally')
[/quote]
Rachel did do a good job with Tifa. And I always thought it was funny when she yelled at Cloud. He needed to get a good talking to. He was living in the past, and needed to move on.

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist

I liked it for the most part. Quinton Flynn = <3, and the more I've listen to them, the more I like them. I guess the problem most people have is that they get so used to hearing a character one way [read: in Japanese] that it just sounds off to hear them any other way.

<<" I was disappointed in Steve Blum's work. I'm a huge fan of his, and had such high expectations, but I thought he sounded off as Vincent. A bit too gravely....

[quote author=Dumb Apple link=topic=15.msg1089#msg1089 date=1228715833]
<<" I was disappointed in Steve Blum's work. I'm a huge fan of his, and had such high expectations, but I thought he sounded off as Vincent. A bit too gravely....
[/quote]
Yeah, he did. He sounded kinda scary. But other then that, he did okay.

Top Bottom