The Lifestream Podcast - Episode 8 Discussion Thread

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
RemakePodcast.png

Episode 8

Tokyo Game Show 2015

It’s the eighth episode of TheLifestream Podcast! Join Carlie, Lex, Ryushikaze, and vaderSW1 as they go on a mythical journey into all things Final Fantasy!

This episode is all about the news! We cover everything from Tokyo Game Show 2015 and more! Highlights include:

• A last TheLifestream.Net Final Fantasy VII Community Playthrough update with Lex and Carlie
  • The Lifestream Podcast Final Fantasy Retrospective update with vaderSW1
  • Nobuo Uematsu and the Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • Final Fantasy Agito +’s cancellation
  • Final Fantasy Adventure 3D remake trailer
  • Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius trailer
  • Final Fantasy Grandmasters trailer
  • Kingdom Hearts: Unchained x (Chi) trailer
  • World of Final Fantasy trailer
  • Final Fantasy XIV Patch 3.1
  • Final Fantasy XV Dawn 2.0 trailer
  • Tokyo Game Show 2015 Live Active Time Report with Hajime Tabata
  • Other Final Fantasy XV news from around Tokyo Game Show 2015

This episode’s Question for the Listenership:

What Final Fantasy game soundtrack is your favorite and why?

Email us at [email protected] or reply to the episode post on TheLifeStream.Net forums and let us know!

We want to hear from you! Send your questions, feedback, and episode topic suggestions to us at [email protected]. You can also reply to the episode posts for each episode on TheLifeStream.Net forums. Not registered yet? Just visit http://www.thelifestream.net/forums and become a member! Also, please leave us feedback on iTunes! We will do our best to read your questions, comments, and feedback on air!

Total Run Time: 1:21:50

Subscribe to us on iTunes so you never miss an episode!

Music appearing on this podcast is courtesy of the following:

“Take a Chance” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

“Discovery Hit” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

WARNING! Explicit content.

Special thanks to Flintlock for the episode artwork!

TheLifestream Podcast Extras:

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue trailer:

Final Fantasy Adventure 3D Remake trailer:

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius trailer:

Final Fantasy Grandmasters trailer:

Final Fantasy Grandmasters Official Website (Japan):

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/FFGM/

World of Final Fantasy trailer:

Final Fantasy XV Dawn 2.0 trailer:

You can listen to the podcast at the link below:

The Lifestream Podcast - Episode 8

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Hey I can actually give listener feedback in a proper sense on this one for your Question!

What game has my favorite soundtrack? Are you kidding me? You realize you are basically asking me to choose between my favorite children right? Each soundtrack has a bit of the masterwork.

Overall if I am really true to my heart, the best soundtrack and my personal favorite has to be Final Fantasy 6. Final Fantasy 9 is a very very close contender and 7 probably comes right after. But the reason I say 6 is because every track is a masterpiece.

Let's be honest, every Final Fantasy has a wonky, odd, or just unpleasant track. This is the intent to be sure, I don't doubt Uematsu's ability in the least. It's not that they sound bad per se or are bad music, but they're just tracks that you don't care for. An example for me, from my favorite Final Fantasy is "Dance With The Balamb Fish" from Final Fantasy VIII, the French-styled horn and string piece that plays in Dollet and the Lunar Base. Perfectly fine song, I hate listening to it.

But I never got that with any track in Final Fantasy 6. Every single track has such care and dedication and timing, and represents the best of the master's work. The oddest piece in there, Johnny C Bad, is still a fun lively piece. And let's not forget that Final Fantasy VI cemented Uematsu's artwork in a way that few other games could. Sure Final Fantasy IV had it's main theme and the "Theme of Love", Final Fantasy V had the best town theme of all "Home Sweet Home", but Final Fantasy VI features "The Opera Scene" (Aria De Mezzo Carrattere, etc.), Dancing Mad, and the Ending Theme, which apart from being an amazing medley of all his character pieces from the game, also to this day is the single longest track on any Final Fantasy game.

Yes, Carlie, I will do a review of the music from 9, but right after that I'm doing this one, I need to get this out of my system! Lol.

Edit: I had to add one thing about Lex's comment about fishing. I think it all depends upon the fishing game. When games go over-crazy with customization they can be annoying (Pokemon... grr...) But the simple ones that are just enjoyable pastimes are actually quite relaxing. Zelda, particularly Ocarina of Time, is a perfect example of this. I'd never fish in real life, but I think fishing just for the sake of fishing or maybe winning small prizes can add to the immersion and serve as a nice side diversion.

Last edited:

the-AKU

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Personally, I'm excited about Kingdom Hearts 2.8 for the same reason as I was excited for KH 1.5 and 2.5 -- I love that it allows me the opportunity to explore the games/stories from this series that I would not otherwise be able to because they had only been released in Japan or on gaming platforms which I do not myself play. As I am not a person who feels one should have to buy multiple consoles one isn't actually going to use for anything else just to get the whole story in one particular series.

I would actually be thrilled if we learn its release that actually Stella is going to be in Final Fantasy XV too after all. I miss Stella. I, personally, find her character far more interesting than Luna's and I was really really looking forward to learning more about her and how her story actually intersected with Noctis' or not. and how/why exactly they were forced to fight each other. I hate that I have been waiting for this game since the first trailer hit, right after Advent Children came out, and now...that is just one of the things that makes it so it kind of feels like that's not even remotely the game we'll actually finally be getting. But..THAT is the game that I actually want. It makes me feel betrayed, a little. And I think that if they must have Luna, it should definitely be in addition to Stella, not in place of Stella altogether. I mean, it could be really interesting if they had two sisters who don't necessarily agree on how best exactly to try look after their kingdom or whatever in the face of being conquered by tyrants &/or whatnot, and therefore have completely different stories/interactions//encounters///or-whatever with Noctis. or something? ...Maybe? I dunno. ~ . . I just feel like the oracle thing has been done before just about to death. And I also kinda feel like Luna is sort of just them caving to people's pressure/demand that they include a female lead/specifically-protagonist/ or whatever, so I basically feel about Luna the same way you lot feel about the idea of moogles or whatever being added in later only if demand is high enough for it....If it's an actual part of the game, then..yeah - sure..go ahead, but if it's not then don't just shove it in just because people "want" it! I was totally okay with Versus being different from other FF games and having only male playable characters but having Stella, a complex and mysterious female character, who wasn't necessarily a playable party member but was still an equally important element of the plot/story. And this is all just part of why I'm actually pretty reluctant to get excited much if at all about the game anymore until I can actually play it for myself ever since the changes in title, console/platform, and who-was-heading-the-project all happened. I am also still a bit miffed that it's not going to be a PlayStation exclusive game anymore also. I don't know why, buy for me....there was just..something, about being able to have that exclusivity in a Final Fantasy game, again, which had really appealed to me. somehow. I don't know why. Lol The idea if fishing kinda just makes me think of GaiaOnline, fishing on there was actually ridiculously fun; so I hope the same will be true for it in FFXV.

As for the Final Fantasy Adventure remake, I'm pretty excited to learn about it because I have always wanted to play those old "Final Fantasy" games that weren't really Final Fantasy games, but have never gotten to. So, that's pretty exciting news for me. That I will no finally be able to play at least one of them! ^_^

And when it comes to World of Final Fantasy, I can actually see both the cute and not-so-cute sides of it. Still, I am a little intrigued by it. :)

I don't really do mobile gaming though. So. I am always kind of just annoyed when mobile games come out because it means that I probably won't be checking it out, even when the rare one occasionally actually catches my interest. Lol
And...I really can't pick one singular favorite FF soundtrack! But if I really really had to, it would probably be either from VI or one of the VII games or IX or maybe X. ((But I can't give you very good feedback on it really, right now, because I haven't been able to really just sit and listen to any of them for a while because my old computer that had all of those kinds of things stored on it for me crashed a while back so I fell a little ..out of the habit.))

Top Bottom