Resident Evil 2 & 3 Remakes!!!

Ghost X

One thing I recall from the original RE2, is that you could investigate either side of the police station first, and that doing so had consequences (eg: you had to do some things by X amount of time or whatever). Feel free to correct me if I am having a bad memory :P. TL;DR: I hope the gameplay isn't linear in this remake. This demo would suggest at least this part of the game is.

Otherwise, still looks awesome :awesome:.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
One thing I recall from the original RE2, is that you could investigate either side of the police station first, and that doing so had consequences (eg: you had to do some things by X amount of time or whatever). Feel free to correct me if I am having a bad memory :P. TL;DR: I hope the gameplay isn't linear in this remake. This demo would suggest at least this part of the game is.

Otherwise, still looks awesome :awesome:.

From what various play-testers have said, by the end of just this crafted demo, some people ended up with items that other players hadn't, and had obviously gone down less familiar routes than others who headed straight for the end. Some people didn't even discover about the wooden boards in their play-throughs. The devs have confirmed that if you board up certain areas, or don't in others, it could impact your traversal later on and how zombies will emerge in future within that area.

So yeah, I think there's a lot of evidence already that the gameplay isn't going to be completely linear.

I've not played RE2 in years, but I remember that if you took certain items in your Leon playthrough then they wouldn't be there for your Clare run. Though I could be remembering that wrong. In this remake, they have stated that it will be less an A/B scenario and that the two will have their own independent campaigns that will cross over at points. But yeah, with the care that they are putting into this, I think it's going to be really great gameplay.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Hype. :awesome:

DfdToA_UEAAGDqr.jpg

Not sure aboutClaire's redesign either, I think she looks like that Actress from Siren:

siren-season-1-episode-5-april_19__2018.png

Have we since Ada yet?
And the Licker in HD....
William Birkin....

:hype:

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Man, my first reaction to Claire's redesign, which seems to be somewhat common across the interwebs (only accelerated to the expected melodramatic degree) was something along the lines of "a-whaa?? that ain't look like Claire! Who dat? Why are her features so sharp and piercing?". I've watched the trailer (and the several other variations/alt clips that seem to be out there) several more times now, and I gotta say, I love it. It's different, but somehow more 'realistic', cinematic, actually looks like a girl of the age and background Claire is supposed to be (rather than a videogame 'adaptation' of that type of girl). Leon as well, but that somehow seemed less 'controversial'. In general, the way they seem to be taking these familiar settings and scenes and ratcheting the tension UP so everything seems like its about to burst is getting me pumped. If all goes well, this may be one of those games like "Silent Hill 2" where I'm loving it, but can only play it in 30-minute bursts due to the psychological stress it induces.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
leonside3.jpg

:closedmonster:

I seam to remember the original having much better graphics, but I guess that's nostalgia for you.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Should I be humbled that my town of Milwaukee, Wisconsin had a hand in making this game (Harley Davidson Motorcycles lol)?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Sherry looks great, and Claire is growing on me. I think I'd like her to have a thicker shirt, my US Geography is pretty weak, but the Midwest in September is going to be cold, right?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Sherry looks great, and Claire is growing on me. I think I'd like her to have a thicker shirt, my US Geography is pretty weak, but the Midwest in September is going to be cold, right?

It really depends on where you live, and what the rest of that year happens to be like. Sometimes large bits of September can just essentially be the end of summer and stay fairly warm, and it's not until early/late October that fall actually sets in. Other times it's fall right away, so I think that the designs are still in an area with plenty of flexibility.

X :neo:

Top Bottom