• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Sightseeing in Gaia!

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010100011U13336684492209796

This is just a pet project of mine, just for fun.​

It also somewhat explores the plot of FF1 and Duodecim.​

Gosh I do hope there's a sequel...it'd be pretty sad of them to leave Cosmos all by her lonesome with the Moogles in this place.​

Cid kept getting in the way of a lot of my snapshots, lol...I had to do a lot of maneuvering on the map to get these without some randomly persistent Moogle following me around!​

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You know, this would be so freaking awesome to have on the front page. I love this. Way to go finding all these locations like that. The commentary is hilarious too XD

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
The original size of this is 10-15 mb so if you want it, I can send you the full size...since even that site wouldn't take it.

Also DO NOTE that I aligned WoL in those pictures with North and South (perpendicular to the actual in-game map), so it looks just like the 2D equivalent for the most part.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Here's the BMP compressed archive of screenshots: http://www.2shared.com/file/O-4utcRK/Sightseeing_in_Gaia.html

Some quick notes:

--Ice Cavern can't be accessed because a gate is blocking it off (I'm guessing you can only reach it in Kain's scenario, but it is in plain view to the Right (East) of Whisperwind Cove.
--Shinryu Isle has weird Geography so I can't get a "Perpendicular to the 2D Map" shot of it without facing South (which would skew how it actually looks on the in-game map)...just know that it's directly behind (South-Southeast) Ryukahn Desert.
--Earthgift Shrine is actually further "inland" towards the coastal line in that particular shot, not the island WoL is standing on.
--Also I didn't mention the Wind Crystal, but it's obvious it's in the Floating Fortress above Mirage Tower...
--The spot where Garland writes his memoirs next to the Water Temple is the mesa rockwall behind where WoL is standing in the shot...the "Gateway to Another World" gate is where the Rift Gateway proper is supposed to be....also note that the Manikins that Onrac in World A dumped into World B are the same ones used by Exdeath around the 12th Cycle or so...same area too, though Timelines are different for World A and World B...since time is distorted in World B.
--The peninsula of Duergar is all one solid straight land mass, so you can actually have a closer view of where Lifespring Grotto is supposed to be, but it's straight up and down so it's hard to get a shot of it without facing West. I decided to use the Island area south of it for that shot because it's "Perpendicular to the 2D location", so just assume that the "Whirlpool" that leads to the Grotto is in the lake further ahead in that shot.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
*jaw drops*

Sweet mother of god, yes yes yes! /short version

Seriously man, as a total fangirl of WoL you have my complete attention. I love this! /not much longer version

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
*jaw drops*

Sweet mother of god, yes yes yes! /short version

Seriously man, as a total fangirl of WoL you have my complete attention. I love this! /not much longer version

Regarding your "request", I don't mind if you post it on your site and credit me, just link me to your site, since I've never seen it!

Also, for some reason I can't reply to your Visitor Message or send you PMs, can you perhaps check your Message settings for me? Thanks. :P

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Thank you. My WoL website is wol.startbutton.ca. As for the visitor messages I believe that you cannot respond to them if you're a Junior Member. Of this I'm none too sure; the staff can confirm this for you.

Edit: my visitor message setting was pretty restrictive so I've relaxed it. Quite honestly could have been me. xD

Top Bottom