No one told me this!: tri-Ace bought out by Nepro Japan!

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Yeah, the first two... after that it kinda went... ick.

Main thing that bothered me about SO series was that it felt more like I was reading a book rather than playing an actual game. Even the fighting sequences felt rather dry to me, compared to Valkyrie Profile and its kin.

And don't get me started on the whole "inside a videogame" theme in SO3.... that made me upset.

Lex

Administrator
Hey! I liked that sandy one with the desert or something... IV? Yeah I really liked IV.

Haven't managed to get through The Last Hope though.

EDIT: LOL I confused Star Ocean with Breath of Fire. Yeah I liked Star Ocean III for the PS2, haven't played any of the others aside from The Last Hope which I've put a couple of hours into and that's it.

Last edited:

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Yeah, SO3 is my favorite :) Even to this date it still has one of my favorite battle systems and combatants in an ARPG :properhug:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Be that as it may, there's still a lot that tri-Ace COULD be doing if they weren't so busy cranking out FFs for Square-Enix.

LR:FFXIII and Resonance of Fate were their most recent projects if memory serves.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Et tu, tri-Ace?

I suppose there's no expecting Integrity and Faithfulness for a Valkyrie Profile sequel...?

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Well, let them enjoy SO5 now... let them understand the PS4... We'll get Valkyrie Profile when they master the console. :monster:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
It's okay, I'm not THAT upset... SO5 is supposed to feature VP1 and VP2 music....

(I'm really upset about this. They're mocking us Valkyrie Profile fans!!)

Top Bottom