• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Lucca Comics & Games 2016 News

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
All taken from Siliconera. I know there was a thread made about XVI, but this is to talk about everything else.

On Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

A release date has yet to be decided, but since it’s the game’s 10th anniversary, he hopes to release it as soon as possible.

They did say it was sometime next year. It may be sooner hopefully.

On Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

There won’t be a “2.9” after Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, and it’ll go straight to Kingdom Hearts III after. On the topic of Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep, he says that it may sound short, but its duration will depend on how the player plays, and he believes it won’t be something that will be finished in no time.
Don't know much about Kingdom hearts, but I'd image this is good news to fans, and even common sense to them. I wouldn't know never played the games.

On Final Fantasy VII Remake

Hashimoto didn’t bring any info to the event, but says they’re working hard on the game and asks fans to please wait a little longer for more. About the rumors online on the game releasing in 2017, he says that the company hasn’t announced anything yet, so those are just rumors for now.
Obviously this is expected they are working hard on the game. After XV, the 7 Remake is arguable their biggest game and one of the top priorities. I heard also that Shinji said they were "far along" in development. Don't know how true that is. But it gives me hope that we are going to hear something at PSX and get a lot more news.

On Final Fantasy X-3

Hashimoto says Final Fantasy X/X-2’s HD Remaster sold well thanks to all the fans. As far as Final Fantasy X-3 goes, he acknowledges that fans have expectations after having been presented a bit of its plot in the audio drama. However, he says that there’s currently facing a wall that cannot be climbed—with director/character designer Tetsuya Nomura and producer/director Yoshinori Kitase both being occupied, they’re unable to work on Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts III, and Final Fantasy X-3 all at the same time. Square Enix is focusing more on titles that have been announced for now, so he asks fans to wait a little longer [for anything on Final Fantasy X-3.]

Hashimoto adds that he was reminded just how popular Yuna and Tidus are after seeing plenty of cosplayers at Lucca Comics & Games 2016, and their drama is something that he and the staff would like to continue to cherish.
Besides the XVI news, I'm surprised no one else has brought this up. I have played X and liked it. Barely touched X-2, but I was content with X. Knowing however how X-2 ends with it's true ending I don't see how a X-3 could exists. Also this stems from the Audio drama which everyone seems to have hated.

On Final Fantasy XIII

After having released three titles for the Final Fantasy XIII series, Square Enix feels that its results were sufficient. If expectations for it were higher, they would have gone with different approaches to sell the game. He says that Lightning, especially, is still very popular, as we’ve seen with the Louis Vuitton collaboration and such, and Square Enix must think about how they’ll continue fostering her as a character.
Just seems like they aren't done using Lightning. Never played the XIII games so I don't know how bad or good they are. But I do understand Lightning is becoming just as iconic as Cloud in some cases.

Top Bottom