Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
So are just the environment/setting assets from the Remake then? Because I thought Cloud's model was also based on Remake assets? Or does Cloud's model appear to be based on his Dissidia model?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I just now saw this.

God dangit, I just got back from a weekend that totally ravaged my wallet, and now I have to invest in WoFF too.

I'm holding off on a TZA preorder though because I'm hoping for a collector's edition.

It's the collectionist/completionist in me ok? :closedmonster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Well at least we got something instead of nothing, right? It's not a total loss. Besides, Anniversaries are really meant for celebrations, not interviews or announcements.

*rises from the dead*

1.gif

Welcome back!

Kingdom Hearts530

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Heart/Sam
*rises from the dead*

1.gif

Welcome back!

Thanks Shad! It's awesome to be back! You guys still get together to do Skype calls?

And while I *kinda* agree that maybe anniversaries don't have to be that important, I can't help but think about KH (my flagship series) during its anniversaries. Like for the 15th (this year actually), there was an exhibit in Shinjuku Station for a week. Japan (and just Japan as far as we know), is getting an exclusive box with the release of 1.5+2.5.

So for a Final Fantasy 30th anniversary event to happen on FF7's 20th anniversary and to us just get a screenshot, it's pretty disappointing.

But I mean, I'm a Kingdom Hearts fan (and Final Fantasy XV fan), so I know waiting. And I guess we all just have to continue to wait for more VllR info.

Screenshot makes nice wallpaper for my desktop though, gotta give it that.

Oh, I haven't frequented the Quiplash thread. :wacky: I played Quiplash with a few friends and I absolutely hated it. My dislike has more to do with how bad I am at competitive games and how they make me feel like an absolute retard. I turn into a massive ball of self-hate.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Well, we really don't play competitively. There'd be no point because Octo wins almost every game anyway. :P I've always had fun even when I've come last. And the other thing is that we only start off playing something like Quiplash – ultimately it just becomes a big voice chat with no particular subject. But that's usually pretty late (or rather, early in the morning) in European timezones, so I understand not everyone can make it.

[/off-topic]

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Okay that's beautiful and all, but what kind of fucking merch are we getting? I need to know what I need to open my legs wallet for.

Still Unnamed

Lv. 25 Adventurer
If anyone missed it, Square Enix had a live stream earlier today on YouTube that went into more detail regarding Final Fantasy’s 30th Anniversary and the projects attributed to it.

One thing worth noting is that the mobile puzzle game, Pictlogica Final Fantasy, is being released on the Nintendo 3DS as a download available 7/12/2017, renamed Pictlogica Final Fantasy ≒ (nearly equal). I knew Pictlogica had a lot of characters from past Final Fantasy games, but I didn’t realize it had 160 of them. That makes me wonder how that compares to other titles such as Brave Exvius and Record Keeper.

Anyway, the ending of the stream is pretty entertaining, with a FFXIV-themed “projection mapping” show done in Yokohama as part of their collaboration with the anniversary.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Square's released TGS '17 lineup:

The line-up of Square Enix games heading to the Tokyo Game Show 2017, as reported by Gematsu, includes the following:• Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4)• The Evil Within 2 (PS4)• Dragon Quest X: 5,000 Year Journey to a Faraway Hometown Online (PS4, Switch, Wii U, PC)• Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (iOS, Android) • Final Fantasy XIV Online (PS4, PC, Mac)• Final Fantasy XV (PS4, Xbox One)• Lost Sphear (PS4, Switch)• Secret of Mana (PS4, PS Vita, PC)

>_>

And scheduled for the last day:

15:00 to 15:40 – Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Broadccast at TGS 2017 – On December 18, it will have been 30 years since the release of the first title in the Final Fantasy series. An introduction to the projects planned for the 30 year milestone. Featuring Shinji Hashimoto (Final Fantasy 30th anniversary general producer), Mariko (Final Fantasy Portal app), and Kashio (Final Fantasy Portal app).

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Hope the rumors of there being a FFI-FIX PS4 and PC collection turn out true. Same with a FFXIII Trilogy collection port.

Top Bottom