• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Article editing & graphics requests

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
If you've written an article for our front page and want a hand getting it ready for publication, post here!

New articles should be copy edited, which is largely my job as Technical Editor. They should also have a featured image. Often that can be something as simple as a screenshot, which you can supply yourself (16:9 ratio, preferably 720p or above, no text in the top third of the image), but at other times you might want something bespoke, which can be handled by our two Site Designers, Pixel and The Engineer.

Instructions
  • When making a post here, please make it clear whether you need copy editing, graphics, or both. If you're requesting graphics, feel free to post any ideas you might have.
  • If you're a member of staff, you are welcome to make requests in this thread, but you're not required to. You can self-publish your article, especially if it's important to get it out as soon as possible – proof-reading can be done after publication in those cases. Try to follow these guidelines but don't stress over every tiny detail.
  • If you've written for us in the past but are no longer a member of staff, you can log in to our Wordpress dashboard and write a post, but you'll need an editor or an administrator to review it and publish it for you. Once you think it's ready, or if you want feedback at any point, make a post in this thread and someone will take a look.
  • If you've never written for us before, post here and I'll set you up with the same permissions. We welcome contributions from everyone. In the meantime, you could use something like Google Docs to write a first draft of your article and share it with us.
If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them. :)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'll put in the first request: We're going to need some new graphics for the podcast.

Up to now we've been using this image for regular episodes:

TheLifestreamFinalFantasyPodcast.png

And this for retrospective episodes:

7Yoc.png

We've also had episode-specific artwork on occasion (example) but that's not what I'm asking for here. We need new artwork for a few reasons:

First, while I'm very happy with the retrospective image in general, it has text ("THE LIFESTREAM PODCAST") very near the top, which gets covered by article titles when it hits the front page.

Second, I don't like the regular episode image that much. I think it lacks contrast. It could definitely be improved.

Third and finally, we need new image resolutions. I was dumb when I made the regular episode image, so it's only 640x360 (there's also a 640x640 version), which isn't high enough for our new site design. The retrospective image is, thankfully, already available in 1920x1080, but we actually need two versions of each image: one with a 16:9 aspect ratio for our site and one with a 1:1 ratio (i.e. a square) for iTunes. The recommended resolution on iTunes is between 1400x1400 and 3000x3000 at 72 dpi. At the moment we're still using this previous graphic, which is only 800x800, on our podcast page.

To summarise, we ideally want two versions of each graphic (regular episode and retrospective), one in 1920x1080 and one in 3000x3000. The "official" names we use are The Lifestream Final Fantasy Podcast and The Lifestream Retrospective Podcast, though the latter is only missing the words "Final Fantasy" to keep it from being too long, and they should probably be on the image somewhere.

Pixel, Obs, can you take care of that? My source files are available in the staff forum if you want them. Thanks.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Assuming you're referring to one of the GIMP source files I shared, let me know which one and I can export it to PSD.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
My article "The Top 20 Final Fantasy VII Songs" has been submitted for review. I was going to hold off on posting until after the presumed E3 news died down, but that proved to be unnecessary.

Two things I hope you don't mind implementing:
- I would like the article description that appears on the homepage to simply read "Backed by Numbers"
- I would like the banner image to be the same artwork used on FF7's original soundtrack case. Here is a possible candidate: http://freshwallpapers.info/uploads/posts/2016-03/30_final_fantasy_vii.jpg

Thanks for having me!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Published. :) I used the image you wanted but I had to make the excerpt a bit longer and make a few other formatting changes. Let me know if you object to anything and we can discuss it. ^_^

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I've started my post on FFVII at SGDQ17. However, I'm unable to upload or insert photos. I've included links to all the images I planned to use at the bottom of the article and submitted the whole thing for review.

http://i.imgur.com/pA6A39x.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lnuULxb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dr4mnaZ.jpg

Here is a Google Doc of my article with images in the order that I think works:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QrqZhpvzggLpT50I_j5HJjJFFGyOlndeke0sdVgj5lY/edit

Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm on it.

Edit: It's up. I didn't use the second image you suggested because it's basically just their copyrighted logo. I also edited the first one a little because it was too busy on the front page with the text at the bottom. Didn't have to change much else though. Good work. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom