• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy Realms - Adventure Thread

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Wow, nice scope...

Having new unreliable companions had Shard regretting that he hadn't been nicer to Velkamos when they were together. The people at your back made a difference, he made a note to be more interactive when he got back.

His two companions immediately went out of view, making him yet again almost entirely redundant, until they reappeared and gave a hand signal that he chose to believe meant all clear. A further scan of the area brought up a group, but before he could fire a warning shot they already attacked the mercs.

Hoping he didn't make new enemies from his failure to warn anyone, Shard somewhat reluctantly took the shot on the Ghoul in the open, feeling sorry for the poor thing but reasoning that accidentally shooting his allies would potentially affect their future relationship.

Attacked Ghoul A

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
(Which abilities on my character card can I use? I'm thinking since I'm lvl 3 I can use my 3rd ability, Stoneskin? If so I'd like to use that, if not, let me know and I'll change it up :))

Velkamos crept silently through the tomb; he could hear distant noises and small scrabbling, and every now and then the deep sounds of things much larger moving further within.
The stone floor felt cool to his feet; his thick skin blocked what could've been freezing discomfort, turning it instead to something tolerable and even initially pleasant.

He stepped into the large room with the switch, and found himself bathed in the brilliant red light of the setting sun though a gap in the walls. It felt warm, off-setting the cool floor nicely; his eyesight might be poor, but he still appreciated the sight.

After turning the switch, he heard a sudden rumble, much too loud; how did he miss something so close?
He whirled around to face the beast as it entered. It looked quite fiendish, larger than him, with some kind of shape shifting quality. He drew his sword and gripped the hilt firmly, snarling back at the gatekeeper, and instantly charged it for a heavy hit, muscles straining slightly at the power behind the swing.

Action taken: Used Deathblow

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
@Flare: It's all about your Job rating. You are Job level 2 so you can use Abilities 1 and 2. You still can use standard attacks, items and Magic Stones of course.

@Clement: You have once again merited a spot on my quote wall and if you do not already write humor fantasy tales you need to immediately.

(Not that I don't also enjoy your writing and commentary Flarebear.)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^(Ah thanks for letting me know! I shall edit the bottom of my last action post accordingly then :D Also no worries, Shard is much more amusing right now than Velkamos anyways; I also love reading Clem's posts :monster:)

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Module_2_Header.png

Round 5: Dungeon Master

Round Options

1. Come up with your character details: Name, Race, Homeworld, Backstory.

2. Choose a job from here.

3. PM me with your information and I will make up a character sheet for you and you can join in during the next round! It's that simple!

====

Your shot's aim is true and hits with unparalled lethality; the first Ghouls head explodes in a firework of skull fragments and grey matter. With the benefit of Sniper Fire, Zell and Selphie take the time to position themselves better, the latter knocking one Ghoul to the ground beside an explosive barrel. Zell is hit by a throw bit of shrapnel but otherwise they are uninjured.

Mission Objective: Protect Zell and Selphie

ZELL
Class: Brawler (DPS)
HP: 33 / 35

SELPHIE
Class: Indirect Magic Operative (Healer)
HP: 28 / 28

VS.

GHOUL B
Class: Ravager (DPS)
HP: 12 / 17

GHOUL C
HP: 17 / 17

GHOUL D
Class: Commando (Tank)
HP: 26 / 26

===

SPOT CHECK:

Ghoul A is lying in a pool of his own blood (100% chance of dead).
Ghoul B is on the ground next to a barrel (60%- Enemy, 20% - Explosive, 20% Miss)
Ghoul C is climbing the ladder near an ally, will be upon ally next round. (40% - Ally, 40% - Enemy, 20% - Other Enemy)
Ghoul D is out in the open (80% - Enemy, 10% - Other Enemy, 10% Miss)

Take Aim.

Code:
- Anubis uses Axe Strike (SPD 15).
- Battle Calculation: 2d12 - Enemy DEF Modifier
- Velkamos DEF = 20 / 4 = 5
- Anubis deals 9 damage to Velkamos. 

- Velkamos uses Deathblow! (SPD 11)
- Deathblow ignores DEF!
- Velkamos deals 15 damage to Anubis!

Anubis
Class: Gatekeeper (Tank)
HP: 60 / 75

Vs.

Velkamos
Class: Knight (Tank)
HP: 47 / 56

Velkamos Character Sheet

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Velkamos spat to the side after his enemy's first blow.

Hardly felt it, he boasted internally, blood rushing from the fight and from being alone. His mind was solely fixed on the beast in front of him, no thought to be spared for his new companions elsewhere in the crypt, nor for Shard, possibly fighting elsewhere. He cared about nothing and no one else, except slaying the fiend before him and getting the dark enjoyment from battle and death.

And I shall take a horn from it's head for a hunt trophy when it's dead.

He slammed his sword into the monster once more.

Action Taken: Used Deathblow

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
[Huh. Apparently shit talking all your allies makes you popular. It's probably the Pratchett influence, used to read a lot of him before I realised he was trying to teach me stuff. Flare's been much more inclusive of me in her RP, I was feeling bad about going off on tangents

How strong is the explosive, or is it cheating to ask?]

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
You have no way of knowing for sure, but you can tell from prior experience with such things that this is probably got a pretty small blast radius. IF it goes boom it'll take out the guy standing next to it and probably deal a tiny bit of splash damage to everybody else.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Deciding he had plausible deniability this time, Shard took the shot on the Ghoul standing beside the explosive barrel.

[brief I know, a bit short on time.]

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Module_2_Header.png

Round Options

3. PM me with your information and I will make up a character sheet for you and you can join in during the next round! It's that simple!

====

Once again the shot connects, barely missing the explosive barrel in the background. The second Ghoul is felled. In this time however Selphie and Zell have been beset and are now fending off the creatures - one each as they stand atop the ramparts of the fort. You realize that shooting at the Ghouls with a sniper rifle is far too dangerous now as you would almost certainly hit your allies too. You scan the area for any possible solution.

Mission Objective: Protect Zell and Selphie

ZELL
Class: Brawler (DPS)
HP: 24 / 35

SELPHIE
Class: Indirect Magic Operative (Healer)
HP: 19 / 28

VS.

GHOUL C
HP: 17 / 17

GHOUL D
Class: Commando (Tank)

===

SPOT CHECK:

Crane - You see a crane with a simple handcrank lever. You could potentially shoot the lever to lower the crane, giving your allies a way to escape. (60% - Successful Escape, 30% - Hit, but no escape, 10% Miss)

Explosive Barrel - With your allies so high up now its unlikely splash damage would affect them but the bright explosion could distract the Ghouls and allow Zell and Selphie to kill them. (50% - Hit and Distraction, 40% - Hit but no distraction, 10% - Miss)

Faulty Missile Silo - You could also trigger an explosion using one of the rear missile silos which is somehow still intact and armed. The explosion here would cause the Ramparts to come down, definitely killing the Ghouls but severely injuring your allies. (90% - Hit, Ghouls Dead, Allies Critical, 10% - Miss)

Take Aim.

Code:
- Anubis uses Cry of Sekmet (SPD 15).
- Battle Calculation: 1d12+5 - Enemy DEF Modifier (Meltdown Debuff)
- Velkamos DEF = 20 / 4 = 5
- Anubis deals 6 damage to Velkamos. 
- Velkamos inflicted with Meltdown (DEF: 0)  
- Velkamos's DEF is temporarily crushed! 

- Velkamos uses Deathblow! (SPD 11)
- Deathblow ignores DEF!
- Critical Hit!  (20)
- Velkamos deals 26 damage to Anubis!

Anubis
Class: Gatekeeper (Tank)
HP: 34 / 75

Vs.

Velkamos Meltdown (DEF=0) [3 Turns]
HP: 41 / 56

Velkamos Character Sheet

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
(Shorter post because it's mostly just hacking and slashing :monster: Also,
Clement Rage said:
Flare's been much more inclusive of me in her RP, I was feeling bad about going off on tangents
I like to include you since you're the only other one playing this right now, I feel like it's much more fun to keep aware of you as the other player than to do my own thing. Rp's and such are best when the players interact :D)

That strange, eerie cry the monster gave seemed to strip all of Velkamos's defense from his skin. He hated the feeling, but didn't lose confidence. He had a stash of potions if he needed them, and could tell the beast was visibly weakening. He continued the hunt.

Action taken: Deathblow

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
[@Flare: You're right.]

I like this gun Shard noted, after his second straight one hit kill.

His scope found the armed missile silo for a long moment and lingered on it, but there was still a chance he might need the help of these mercs, so, not without some reluctance, he took his shot at the Crane

[@ Jason: I like this mission, by the way.]

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Module_2_Header.png

Round Options

====

You finally have your first spot of bad luck since picking up this gun. The crane activates but the Ghouls have forced Selphie and Zell back against a far wall and they aren't able to reach the escape path you've set up for them. It occurs to you that this does create a very serviceable entrance for you however. With no shot to take and no other reasonable alternative you make your way towards the lowered crane and begin to climb it.

Leaping over the palisades the Ghouls turn their attention to you. You notice what's been slowing down your comrades, Zell appears to be carrying a duffel bag full of the stolen armor mods. You take out the lead Ghoul and clear a path back to the crane.

Zell said:
We need to get out of here! More are coming from below the base.

Selphie points to an armored personnel carrier just outside the base.

Selphie said:
That probably still runs! I'll drive!

Thinking there is no way the tank can possibly still drive, you are pleasantly surprised when Selphie fires it up. Zell takes navigation leaving the main gunner position to you. It's a 35 mm chain gun with more bullets than anybody could ever possibly need.

Zell said:
Somethings coming!

You see it too, a massive makeshift tank of their own. These are no pack of mindless Ghouls they are a full on guerilla army fueled by madness. The behemoth looks like a lethal combination of combine harvester and anti-air gun. And as you tear off down the highway, it comes right after you.

latest

Tunnel Armor
Class: Tank
HP: 350 / 350

VS

APC
Class: DPS
HP: 100 / 100

Distance From Deling City: 5 km.
Distance Ahead of Tunnel Armor: .5 km
Current Speed: 1 km/ turn

1) Chain Gun (1d100 damage)
2) Scatter Mines (1d100+50 damage, will slow to deploy)
3) Fuel Flare (3d20 damage, will speed up)

Zell said:
Shard, we gotta stay ahead of the tank, so make sure we don't slow down too much. But we also have to finish this thing off before we get too close to Deling City!

Chief Engineer said:
That thing will catch up to you by a quarter km each time you slow down. When you speed up, you'll ad a quarter km of distance. If it matches your speed, you'll be in range of its most devastating attacks. Be careful!

Anubis falls with your last strike. You take a moment to recover and then meet back up at the rendezvous point. You are grateful to see that you are the last one to arrive and that your allies appear to be in good spirits.

Quistis said:
Now that the water has drained from the central platform we should be able to recover those treaties.

Sergeant Ghol said:
I shall be quite happy just to be rid of this musty place. Is this what people truly want after they die? To be buried in the dark for eternity?

You make your way into the heart of the Tomb and notice not just the treaties which Orlo mentioned but a plethora of other treasures fit for the finest of warriors. Normally you wouldn't rob the dead, but something seems unnatural about one particular piece of loot. A sword calls out to you as if through some supernatural energy.

You hear its will in your mind, urging you to take it. Unable to control yourself you grasp at its hilt and lift up the massive blade. It's fit for a king, ornate with a silver blade and sapphires embedded in the hilt. It's stabby bits are alarming in their makeup. For the beauty of the weapon it is clear that being stabbed by this would not be something you could simply walk away from.

You hear a sudden cry from Quistis who has herself been holding on to an ornate spear with a similar makeup. You then see Sergeant Ghol lumbering slowly about holding a jeweled axe. Against your will, you move slowly towards the others. Each of you is moments away from stabbing each other to pieces when suddenly time seems to freeze.

You wake moments later on the floor standing next to a large gaudy looking man in a red attire.

Red Garbed Man said:
Three new ones to add to my collection! And they're cursed! That's awesome!

Quistis said:
Who are you?! What do you want with us?

The Red Garbed Man gives Quistis an annoyed look.

Red Garbed Man said:
The name is Gilgamesh and it's not YOU I'm after. It's these.

Gilgamesh holds up the weapons that had enthralled you moments ago and had nearly been the end of you.

Sergeant Ghol said:
Thank you for saving us. If you hadn't come along...

Gilgamesh said:
Yeah, yeah, you'd be chop suey. Unfortunately for you my favorite thing to do when I get new weapons is to test them out, and the only folks I see here are you three!

Gilgamesh brandishes his weapons and begins to dance about in a pre-battle ceremony of sorts.

Quistis said:
Is this guy for real?

Sergeant Ghol said:
It would appear so...

latest

Gilgamesh
HP: 100 / 100

VS

Quistis
Class: SeeD (DPS)
HP: 45/ 45

Sergeant Ghol
Class: Medic (Heal)

Velkamos
HP: 56 /56

Velkamos Character Sheet

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Do I have to do everything around here? Shard thought, growling as his allies ignored the perfectly good escape route he provided and got boxed in. These two were no Galbadian soldiers, that was for sure.

But the crane provided an excellent sniping platform, so he took the opportunity for a birds eye view.

Cementing his dim view of his allies, they decided to flee even though it was now three on one odds. It was nice to have an APC, though. He wondered if it would fit on the Ragnarok as he settled into the gunner position.

The ghouls had their own tank in pursuit. If they got to DC, the awesome power of the Galbadian army would undoubtedly save them all, but until then, they were on their own.

He levelled the turret at the oncoming tank, which looked odd, but tough. On the other hand, the one they were driving had the Galbadian Military logo on it. He'd trust that.

Mines would be most effective when they were close, so the oncoming tank wouldn't have as much time to dodge. He banged on the side of the APC.

"Slow down, we'll hit them with mines."

Action taken: MINES

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
(sorry for the delay!)

Velkamos was panting when he awoke on the floor. He lurched up in a daze, managing to stand upright before he even notice the garish man dressed in red. He was examining that cursed blade and talking out loud about adding it to his collection.
How can he hold those weapons without being enthralled by them? Velkamos wondered, still feeling like he had an upset stomach. Partly from what he was close to doing, and possibly partly a side effect from holding the blade.

Quistis interrupted the man abruptly, who then introduced himself as Gilgamesh.

Velkamos sniffed in his direction; the name sounded vaguely familiar, but odder still was his scent. Common things like metal, cloth, leather, and sweat, but underneath was a strange tinge that was hard to describe. A lot of absent smells clung to his clothes, as if he recently ran through a dozen vastly different locations.

Gilgamesh gave him an offended look when he saw Velkamos sniffing.

And then rather abruptly, Gilgamesh was dancing around proclaiming they were to fight him now. Velkamos still felt not up to snuff, and was especially a bit confused by this strange man's antics, but nevertheless it seemed a fight was going to happen. And the way Gilgamesh held those weapons made Velkamos a bit wary. He obviously had some skill.

He readied his own (and normal) blade. Then, before Gilgamesh could make the first move, Velkamos provoked him with a sauntering step forward. "Looks like your mind is a bit too simple to be enthralled by cursed weapons. Lucky for you, eh? Otherwise you'd be chop suey," whatever that is, he added inwardly.

Action Taken: Provoke

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Module_2_Header.png

Round Options

====

The speed drops and you lay down a barrage of mines. They might not stop it outright, but they'll sure as hell deal heavy damage to it. The Tunnel Armor doesn't even try to evade as it barrels over the mines without slowing down. That said, you notice the hull is severely breached.

The Tunnel Armor is within range to use its gatling guns and fires on the APC. The bullets graze against the hull but they're certainly not harmless.

Code:
- APC uses Mines! 
- Battle Formula: 1d100+50 (Roll: 81) 
- APC deals 131 damage to Tunnel Armor

- Tunnel Armor in small-arms range!

- Tunnel Armor uses Gatling Gun!
- Battle Formula: 1d20+10 (Roll: 9)
- Tunnel Armor deals 19 damage to APC.

latest

Tunnel Armor
HP: 219 / 350

VS

APC
HP: 81 / 100

Distance From Deling City: 4 km.
Distance Ahead of Tunnel Armor: .25 km
Current Speed: .75 km/ turn

2) Scatter Mines (1d100+50 damage, will slow to deploy) (Cooldown: 2 Turns)

You draw the attention of Gilgamesh while the others prepare a counter strategy. Gilgamesh doesn't seem too happy about it either, and makes some loutish comment about your mother's species and the berry-like scent of your father.

Code:
- Quistis uses Acid Breath! (SPD: 19) 
- Battle Formula: 1d20 + Meltdown (Roll: 7)
- Quistis deals 7 damage to Gilgamesh
- Gilgamesh inflicted with Meltdown.

- Sergeant Ghol casts Protect on Velkamos! (SPD: 17)
- Velkamos gains Protect!

- Gilgamesh uses Hype Up!
- Battle Formula: 1d6 ALL + Haste (Roll: 2)
- Gilgamesh deals 2 damage to all!  
- Gilgamesh has Haste!

- Velkamos uses Provoke on Gilgamesh!
- Gilgamesh is angered! 
- Gilgamesh focuses his anger on Velkamos!

latest

Gilgamesh (Haste - 3 Turns) (Meltdown - 3 Turns)
HP: 93 / 100

VS

Quistis
HP: 43/ 45

Sergeant Ghol
HP: 24 / 26

Velkamos (Protect - 3 Turns)
HP: 54 /56

Velkamos Character Sheet

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
"Hey, turn on the radio!" Shard called, feeling that the situation called for suitably tense chase music. In another universe, the writer was head bobbing already.

He could see the mines had damaged their pursuers, but the enemy tank was, understandably enough, built like a tank, and was able to take it without losing speed. They were then treated to a barrage of enemy counterfire, So far, the Galbadian armour had held out, but there was damage too, too much to take at this distance. They needed to put some space between them if they wanted to stay alive.

"Okay folks, let's leave this tank in our dust. Fuel Flare!"

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Velkamos laughed at Gilgamesh's 'insults'. Until he called him a giant lizard.

"What did you call me?!?" he growled, before swiping his greatsword through the air, aiming at Gilgamesh.

He tried to remind himself that he was supposed to be provoking Gilgamesh, not the other way around. But lizard? That was going to far. Ignorant Hume!

Action taken: Deathblow

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Module_2_Header.png

Round Options

====

The radio crackles to life and you instantly regret your snarky comment - you had forgotten how far out into the sticks you were. As an insufferable banjo line twangs along the APC jolts forward lighting the quarter mile stretch behind you. In fact, you might say your Greased Lightning was burning up the quarter mile.

This doesn't deter the Tunnel Armor itself per se, but apparently the heat was too much for one of the crew to take and you see a Ghoul leap out of the Tunnel Armor and run away from the flames.

Zell said:
We might actually pull this off!

Zell's pronouncement is cut short by a launching of Tunnel Armor's primary weapon, a long-range laser used for drilling through stone. The shot goes wide, but even so its effect on the hull is noteworthy. You make a mental note not to let yourself get too far ahead of the Tunnel Armor lest it have an easier time correcting its aim.

You see up in the distance ahead a few friendly vehicles heading your way. It would seem Deling City has called out a couple of cavalry units to help you out of this jam. They should be within firing range of the Tunnel Armor in just a moment. Over your radio you hear a friendly voice.

Captain Mertz said:
Hey we saw that thing pop out of the ruins after you. Figured you could use a hand. Just get that thing in range of our gauss cannon and we'll make short work of it!

Selphie said:
Yeah, as long as it doesn't tear us to shreds first.

Code:
- APC uses Fuel Flare!
- Battle Formula: 3d20 (Roll: 39) 
- APC deals 39 damage to Tunnel Armor

- Tunnel Armor is out of small-arms range!
- Tunnel Armor is approaching primary weapon range! 

- Tunnel Armor uses Drill Beam!
- Battle Formula: 2d20 (Roll: 21)
- Tunnel Armor deals 21 damage to APC.

latest

Tunnel Armor
HP: 190 / 350

VS

APC
HP: 60 / 100

Distance From Deling City: 3.25 km.
Distance Ahead of Tunnel Armor: .5 km
Current Speed: 1 km/ turn

2) Scatter Mines (1d100+50 damage, will slow to deploy) (Cooldown: 1 Turns)

Gilgamesh said:
You're all pretty strong. Doesn't matter. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve!

With this sudden pronouncement, Gilgamesh removes his red cloak to reveal an additional six arms, each brandishing a different manner of weapon... though three of his arms appear to be made out of cardboard.

Quistis said:
What's with the fake arms?

Gilgamesh said:
They're not fake! They're my ultra powerful Fists of the North Box!

Sergeant Ghol said:
They're not moving.

Gilgamesh said:
Yes! Rock steady. Calm as I am calm in battle.

Quistis said:
You already have five arms, that's pretty cool, you don't have to add more.

Gilgamesh said:
You dare mock my fists of fury?! You shall pay with your arms! And then your life!

Sergeant Ghol said:
Because you need our arms to replace your fake ones?

Gilgamesh said:
Shut up!!!!

Code:
- Gilgamesh uses Furious Flurry on Velkamos! (Haste)
- Battle Formula: 1d12 + 6 + Berserk - Enemy DEF Mod: (Roll: 9) 
- Velkamos DEF (20/4) = DEF Mod: 5
- Velkamos has Protect = DEF Modx2: 10
- Gilgamesh deals 5 damage to Velkamos!
- Berserk Chance (Roll: 2)
- No status affliction.  

- Quistis attacks with her chain whip! (SPD: 19) 
- Battle Formula: 1d12 + 8 (Roll: 5) - Enemy DEF Mod
- Gilamesh DEF (10/4) = DEF Mod: 2
- Gilgamesh inflicted with Meltdown, DEF Mod ignored. 
- Quistis deals 13 damage to Gilgamesh

- Sergeant Ghol casts Protect on himself! (SPD: 17)
- Sergeant Ghol gains Protect!

- Velkamos uses Deathblow on Gilgamesh!
- Battle Formula: 2d12 (Roll: 19)
- Velkamos deals 19 damage to Gilgamesh!

latest

Gilgamesh (Haste - 2 Turns) (Meltdown - 2 Turns)
HP: 61 / 100

VS

Quistis
HP: 43/ 45

Sergeant Ghol (Protect - 3 Turns)
HP: 24 / 26

Velkamos (Protect - 2 Turns)
HP: 49 /56

Velkamos Character Sheet

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
(Sorry. Computer trouble, I'm not going to be in contact much for a while. Go ahead and keep going without me if I disappear. Also, that banjo is actually pretty great)

"GLORY TO GALBADIA!" Shard screamed over the radio as the cavalry arrived. At least one Ghoul ran away, which cut down on their problems a bit. But they still had to hold off the Tunnel armour that long, and right now it was lining up perfectly with his sights.

Action: Chain Gun

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
(Oh my god I didn't realize you posted an update so long ago O___O Thanks Clement for inadvertently reminding me! Also hope your computer trouble is fixed quickly. ^_^ )

"What the hell are you, an overgrown spider?" Velkamos cackled at Gilgamesh when he saw the extra arms. He started wheezing when he noticed 3 were cardboard.

"You dare mock my fists of fury?! You shall pay with your arms! And then your life!" Gilgameszh retorted, brow furrowing in what looked to be a thunderous anger.

"You couldn't handle my arms, they're much to strong for an insect wannabe like you," Velkamos smirked, shrugging as he added to Quistis and Ghol's own withering comments.

"Shut up!!!!"

Velkamos plowed through Gilgamesh, getting behind him, but not before he whacked off a cardboard arm for good measure. Then he whirled around for another Deathblow strike.

Actions taken: Deathblow..... and assaulting a cardboard arm.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
(Sorry had a million other things going on. I'll try to update this tonight!)

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Module_2_Header.png

Round Options

====

You get within range of the Galbadian artillery and the Tunnel Armor begins to slow down, even with you peppering it with Chain Gun fire. It does little good though as the mortars and Mertz's own Gauss Cannon blow the wretched thing to kingdom come in a coordinated strike.

Zell said:
Damn. That was quite the finale.

==VICTORY!==
Code:
Shard's Job Level increased to Level 3!
Shard Learned Arrow To The Knee (A.T.T.K)

Shard gained 250 EXP.
Shard Level increased to 3!
Shard stats increased!  HP, MP, STR, INT, DEF, SPD, LCK

Shard gained 1,500 Gil!

Shard gained:
Armor: Galbadian Armor Mod (AC:5)
Helm: Galbadian Sniper Sight (AC:3,  100% Accuracy on Ranged Attacks)
Boots: Galbadian Speed Shoes (AC:1, Immune to Slow/Stop)

Shard's Character Sheet

Captain Mertz said:
Well I think you've effectively dealt with our Ghoul problem, even if you had to get a bit of help. Here are the armor mods as promised.

Mertz hands over your gear and then eyes the APC and your two new "comrades" suspiciously.

Captain Mertz said:
You're SeeD members right?

Selphie said:

Captain Mertz said:
Maybe I can recruit you guys on this upcoming mission of ours. You heard about our little train bandits right?

Zell said:
If the price is right we can help you out.

Captain Mertz said:
Interesting. Well head on over to Caraway Manor and we'll arrange the details. Shard, if you're interested you should head on over too whenever you are ready, but if you need to outfit yourself first I understand. Just head to Caraway Manor when you are ready.

The group disperses and you find yourself back in Deling City. (See Deling City at bottom of the post).

The final flurry of attacks lands Gilgamesh flat on his back. He waves his arms around emphatically (real and fake alike) and clasps his own severed cardboard one in self-defense.

Gilgamesh said:
I...I was just messing with you! Don't have to take things so seriously, you try hards!

And with that Gilgamesh disappears in a flash of smoke, leaving you three stunned as to what the hell just happened.

Sergeant Ghol said:
I feel... vaguely sorry for that strange man.

Quistis said:
He obviously has some personal problems. Anyway let's grab the treaties and head back to Orlo.

==VICTORY!==

Code:
Velkamos Job Level increases to Level 3!
Velkamos learns Stoneskin!

Velkamos gained 250 EXP!
Velkamos Level increased to 4!
Velkamos stats increased!  HP, MP, STR, INT, DEF, SPD, LCK

Velkamos gained 1500 Gil!

Velkamos gained: 
Royal Greatsword (1d20+6) [Two-Handed] [Undead Killer]
Helm: Circlet of the Unsent (AC: 2) [Meltdown Immunity: 50%]
Boots: Abshak’s Sandals (AC: 2)

Velkamos Character Sheet

You return to Orlo who looks over the documents thoroughly. He seems disheartened at first.

Orlo said:
Quite an arcane bit of writing. Our ancestors enjoyed speech as much as we do, and nothing is spelled out so clearly.

He continues to read on for a few more minutes before setting the scrolls down and looking pleased for the first time in what felt like ages, considering the perils of the mission.

Orlo said:
It is all here. They certainly did not believe in keeping things concise but the agreements are all in order. Whether or not my village elders believe it is the right thing to do, I must present this information to them and allow the entire tribe to act upon it. I shall present my case as well as I can, and that's all I can do for now.

Quistis said:
I hope things work out for you Orlo.

Orlo said:
Thank you Quistis, and you Sergeant. Your help was invaluable. But especially you Velkamos. Without your aid I might not have been able to realize this dream of mine. I'll be leaving on the next train to Dollet to find a ship that will take me to the Shumi Village. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Orlo hands you a small card.

Orlo said:
When you are back in Deling, you can head to this special shop behind the Galbadian Archway. This guy deals in some unique Accessories and should come in handy.

Sergeant Ghol said:
And Velkamos. We're gearing up to deal with those bandits who have been raiding our trains. Whenever you are ready we'd like for you to meet us at Caraway Manor. You too Quistis. But be sure you're geared up first!

You bid farewell to the others and return to Deling City. (See Deling City at the bottom of this post)

Deling_City_Map.png

The city does apparently sleep at sometimes and it's the wee hours of the morning. The bars have closed and the Galbadian Hotel is only accepting patrons to sleep. A few 24 Hour Shops remain open however.

You can shop, rest up and then head to Caraway Manor to prepare for the final mission.

Skeevy Looking Delingite said:
You want wares? You got gil?

• Blue Cape [Auto-Protect] - 1000 Gil
  • Red Cartouche [Auto-Haste] - 1200 Gil
  • Green Brooch [Auto-Regen; Potency: 4 HP/Turn] - 1500 Gil
  • Fire Pin [STR+3] - 500 Gil
  • Wizard's Talisman [INT+3] - 500 Gil

Requisition's Officer said:
How's it going? What can I get you? These Mods can be made to your weapon to give them a permanent boost. We also have a couple Underbarrels that give you a second shot type, but you can only have one.

• Weapon Mod: Firepower [+5 Damage, Permanent] - 800 Gil
  • Weapon Mod: Dirty Rounds [Poison: 50% Permanent] - 700 Gil
  • Weapon Mod: Incendiary Rounds [+3 DMG, Fire Damage] - 900 Gil
  • Weapon Mod: Tranq Rounds Underbarrel (Additional Shot Type) - [0 DMG, 75% Sleep Chance] - 1000 Gil
  • Weapon Mod: Masterkey (Additional Shot Type) - [1d20+9 Grenade, 2 Rounds per Battle] - 1500 Gil

Top Bottom