• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (IgaVania)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Thanks for sharing!!

Man, that gameplay is REALLY tight. The movement looked a little bit floaty in the trailer, but as soon as you see it in action, it's responsive as hell and it's looking fantastic. I love seeing the boss fight, because of knowing IGA's rule for boss fights that the person who designs the boss HAS to be able to beat it without being hit before it's put in the game, and you really get a feel for each boss having their own rhythm and pacing in his games, and that's already apparent here.

God DAMN, I'm still infinitely glad that I backed this project, and I can't wait to see how it all turns out once there's some more polish and we get closer to the final product, because I am absolutely LOVING this so far.

X :neo:

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
I agree, the movements looks floaty but this reminds me of the old igavania (like the fast walk animation of Alucard) so isn't a problem.

Beautiful.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Fully agreed that I'm not bothered by the floaty movements because they're very IGAVania-like. Also, Gematsu has footage of a few other quick looks at levels, and they're all quite nice. Really can't wait to see how this all turns out.

I know Castlevania characters aren't usually known for how fast they run, but I'm really hoping that the game eventually allows you to run faster.

I'm giggling at how the player character keeps impaling herself to gain abilities. :lol:

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I posted on that video and commented that the death animations being so samey made it feel kinda videogamey, and the enemies feel more generic, and they replied back that brought it up and discussed it with the team about improving them.

It was neat since I know that they listen to things on their KickStarter, but it's extra cool to see them responding to comments on their videos that get attention as well. They are genuinely invested in delivering a quality product.

Really happy to've backed this.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I know this is a tired comment, but I really can't get into the strange art style going on here. I really want to like the game and I do think mechanically it will be a good time, It's just not drawing me in visually.

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
I loved Symphony of the Night so I'm cautiously hoping this will be a great game. I can't really put my finger on what exactly it is, but there's something weird about the style. I do like part of the style but it doesn't all seem to fit together so well yet? It's weird.

The gameplay is of course the most important so we'll see how that works out when we get the game in our hands!

I know this is a tired comment, but I really can't get into the strange art style going on here. I really want to like the game and I do think mechanically it will be a good time, It's just not drawing me in visually.

I feel the same way: the gameplay looks pretty solid so far, but the visuals aren't really doing much for me. I know concept art isn't going to be how things end of looking, but the initial concept screens (probably a mashup of the concept art, I realize) had an interesting look, kind of Vanillaware-esque.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

English Voice Acting Directed by Jamie Mortellaro
• Miriam - Erica Lindbeck
• Zangetsu - David Hayter
• Gebel - Ray Chase
• Johannes - Ben Diskin
• The Coachman - Fred Tatasciore
• Dominique - Fryda Wolff
• Gremory - Kari Wahlgren
• Anne - Rena Strober
• Alfred - Christopher Swindle
• Mysterious Man - Robbie Belgrade

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Robert Belgrade's voice

RiECI2K.gif

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

They're pushing back to 2019, so that they can get the game more polished from all the feedback they got during the Beta. Additionally, they're not putting the game on Vita because of all of the support that Sony's removing for the console, they'll be unlikely to maintain and deliver updates and such if they did.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Poor Vita never really got out of the gate. It looked like a cool little piece of tech, but there was never any game on it that made me go "I better buy that" :closedmonster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I actually just found mine again yesterday. I really wish that it got better focus and support, 'cause it was an awesome system. Even though I don't use it much, that's just because I seldom use any handhelds these days. The touch panel on the back of it gave me some of my favourite interactions in any game. I remember really hoping that the PS4 controllers were set up that way.

Ah wells.

Top Bottom